Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Waterford city

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have recently moved to Waterford for work and am going on a work night out tomorrow night (with others also not from the area), Can anyone recommend suitable pubs etc? Maybe to start somewhere that does nice food (pub grub) and then on to a good late bar? Is there a decent nightclub and would it be open on a thursday night?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

depens what age bracket you want to cater for ? plenty of nice pubs in town, im not a big drinker so i wouldnt know off the top of my head :o, masons open every night think the foundry are opening thursday aswell now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

miss.piggy wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have recently moved to Waterford for work and am going on a work night out tomorrow night (with others also not from the area), Can anyone recommend suitable pubs etc? Maybe to start somewhere that does nice food (pub grub) and then on to a good late bar? Is there a decent nightclub and would it be open on a thursday night?
    Thanks!

No decent clubs open on a Thursday just the foundry :)

Geoffs do food but not sure how late they serve, Bodega also do an early bird.
    Decent enough goings on around the town for a Thursday
    Trad in the Kazbar (don't think it's late opening )
    Karaoke in Shortts (late opening)
    Masons used to run a live band not sure if they still do but also opens late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

Thanks a million
    Probably head to Geoffs first anyway.
    We are in late 20's/early 30's.
    What is the foundry like?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Nypd wrote: »

Karaoke in Shortts (late openin)

Ah the foundry is all right, lot of money invested in the venue, think they do 2.50 drinks on a thursday and 2 euro on the door. Some people like it others dont, drop it a visit around half 12/1 should be busy enough

shortts have a karaoke competition i believe seen it on facebook last week not sure if its busy or not but the venue is on the small side :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Nypd wrote: »

Geoffs do food but not sure how late they serve, Bodega also do an early bird.
    Decent enough goings on around the town for a Thursday
    Trad in the Kazbar (don't think it's late opening )
    Karaoke in Shortts (late opening)
    Masons used to run a live band not sure if they still do but also opens late.

Agree with the above, apart from Geoffs its a kip, for pub grup, Bodega, Revolution, Then the Kazbar, for a live band Masons, and the only club open on a Thursday is the Foundry you might feel very old in there:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

revolution, geoffs and the kazbar all do very good food,
    the foundry, i do not like. But the front lounge is a good spot and has live music with some top bands every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

miss.piggy wrote: »
    We are in late 20's/early 30's.
    Hey how you doing
    /joey

Advertisement