Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Current rad with a "High Yield" Radiator After breaking Partition

• 08-02-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there

I have turned my dining room and kitchen in to one large room. To do this I had to get rid of a radiator that was on the partition. Now with the larger room the remaining rad really cant heat it. Its a fairly long double radiator. Is it possible to get something like a high yield rad that can be connected up? Anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Is your existing rad a double convector, I.e. 2 sets of fins inside the panels. If so, unlikely to gain huge increase in output unless you increase length and/or height of the rad.

That said, a flush may help.

If it's 500 mm high you could increase it to say 600 without disruption to pipework, but check specs on output published by the manufacturer. Quinn have outputs published on their website, for example. No affiliation.

I suspect increasing rad sizes dramatically can leave you with insufficient flow if pipework was not designed for it.

P.s. I am not a plumber, but I have had rads replaced. Good luck.

Advertisement