Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protecting Wireless Access Point

Options
  • 08-02-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi, I recently set up an Access Point in a hotel kitchen. It worked for a while but the Access point stopped working. After looking at it I noticed that it was completely covered with greese with is probably the cause of the problem. Just want to know if I replace the Access Point, is there a way to protect it against greese/dirt/etc? Is there a protective case I could buy? Even just wrap it up in a plastic bag or would this cause more problems? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Probably not a great idea to put it in a plastic bag. While it is a relatively low-powered device, it would need some ventilation. Maybe a box of some kind would be better. Does it need to be in the kitchen ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

A weather proof box with ventilation holes and a charcoal cooker hood filter fitted over the vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

It needs to be in the kitchen. I had it outside the kitchen but the signal in the kitchen was not strong enough for what I needed.

The weather proof box could be the way to go.

There are ceiling tiles in the kitchen with a few inches gap to the concreate ceiling itself. Could I put it there?

Advertisement