Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom with Belkin Wireless G Router

• 08-02-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Belkin Wireless G Router ( http://routers.productwiki.com/belkin-wireless-g/ ) with my Eircom broadband connection.

I'm another victim of the infamous "dropping connection every half hour" Zxtel router so thought I'd try this Belkin router that I had used with UPC.

I'm selecting the PPPoE option and inputting the following settings that Eircom recommend you use with different routers i.e.

Username eircom@eircom.net
    Password
    broadband1
    Encapsulation
    PPPoE
    Multiplexing
    LLC Based
    VPI
    VCI
    Primary DNS
    Secondary DNS

I don't see any option to set multiplexing, VPI or VCI on the router but I am using all the other settings recommended.

No joy connnecting to the internet so just wondering if anyone has any ideas what I might be missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you used that with UPC, then it's just a router. You need a DSL modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Ah, that would explain it alright :o

Any recommendations for a DSL Modem would be very welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anything except Belkin (and Zyxel, as they're every bit as crap). Make sure it is ADSL2+ capable if you're buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Thanks again!

Let the product research begin :)

Advertisement