Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacobs Kimberly Biscuits...............

Options
  • 08-02-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi

Ok, so my issue here is Jacobs Kimberly biscuits. There are the 2 different types of kimberly biscuits on the market.
    The first type has been the same on Irish supermarket shelves for as long as i can remember (doughy biscuit mixture, tough mallow with tiny crystals of sugar) - never a favorite of mine. The new type i discovered after accidentally buying a 0.99c 'Special Offer' pack in Lidl in Claremorris in Mayo. They are truly wonderful. The biscuit is crispy-er/crunchy-er, the mallow lighter and fluffy-er and the large sugar crystals make for a totally different biscuit, a great improvement .

However, when i went looking for these new type of biscuits again, not a chance i could find them. The odd time now i see them in places and buy what i can (god, i sound like an addict!)

So, what is the reason for this teasing of the taste-buds by Jacobs? Are these 'new' kimberlys a recipe that was designed for the foreign market (hence the lidl connection) and ended up on Irish shelves via east Germany?

Some answers would be most appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe weren't Jacobs.

In work we occsional get kimberly type biscuits. Except the base is crispy and the marshmallow, sort of, squashed.
    They come in a similar pack. Not sure of the exact name

Advertisement