Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Albert Hall London - Where to Stay

Options
  • 08-02-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

Has anyone ever gone to a gig in the Royal Albert hall, or is well aquainted with the area where it is..

Were heading over for a gig in April and I am looking at places to stay. jaysus the ones they say on the website are mad so they are out. If anyone would have any suggestions it would be much appreicated..Not looking for anything fancy just somewhere safe and close to the concert hall...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Hey Milly, I'd advise checking out the Greater London megathread in the Travel Forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hi,

I stayed here last August with my girlfriend. We stayed for three nights after getting a deal on lastminute.com

The hotel is nice, rooms are high quality (small however) and the location is excellent. It's 5 minutes from paddington station so it's good for getting to/from the airport but also the city centre. I'd stay there again.

It's also it's very close to the royal albert hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There's a Travelodge in High St Ken which is VERY close to the Royal Albert Hall. The Shaftesbury is fine, but Dermightly might have the distance slightly wrong.

It's at LEAST 15 mins by cab if the traffic around Hyde Park Corner isn't too bad, coming from Paddington.
    If you stay there, then you're better off getting the Circle/District Line round to High St Ken. Don't travel by road, you'll never get there!!

I'll have a scout round if you like. There's also Travelodges in Fulham and Battersea which are closer and better travel-wise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just get somewhere near Earls Court. It's just two stops on the tube and a short walk up Exhibition Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! Totally agree with the last poster. Loads of cheap B & B's there, along the Earls Court road.

If you want somewhere a bit nicer, but don't want to pay loads, then Travelodges are the next best thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah thank you so much for all the help...I shall do a search over the weekend and fingers crossed get a place at a good price.. thanking ye all :D

Advertisement