Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew W.K.

Options
  • 08-02-2012 4:57pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tickets on sale Friday 10th February at 9am

‘King of Partying’ Andrew W.K. has announced a Dublin date at The Academy on April 10th. Infamous for his bloody nose, famous for his high-life attitude, beloved for his songs like, "Party Hard", "We Want Fun", and "You Will Remember Tonight", Andrew's true will is to use all forms of entertainment to create feelings of pure joy, fun, love, freedom, and possibility.

Born in California in 1979, Andrew W.K. is a multi-faceted musician and performer. Starting his musical career at age 4 with classical piano lessons, then exploring experimental and fine art interests, Andrew went on to create his own brand of extremely high-energy rock 'n' roll. His father, James E. Krier, is a Law Professor at the University of Michigan, and Andrew grew up in the open-minded Midwestern city of Ann Arbor. At age 18, after being accepted into The Art Institute of Chicago, Andrew decided instead to move to New York City and pursue art and music on his own.

Tickets for Andrew W.K. at The Academy on 10th April are €25 including booking fee and they go on sale on Friday 10th February at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sweet! A little pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Playing I Get Wet in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

Going to be a great gig. I get wet is a great album, he should do we want fun as well, and hopefully a few of the great rockin tracks from 'The wolf'

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenso

Should be a gud'n:) Havn't of of this guy much in years.. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Picked up tickets for this yesterday. Listening to I get wet now, should be a great laugh! It's on Tuesday if anyones still thinking of going.

• Advertisement

I only found out yesterday that its on this week. This will be a great laugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Awesome

Bloody epic stuff altogether. Just had to listen to Its Time To Party again....genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

tell me that wasnt awesome, gig of the century, anda the lovely Cherie Lily on stage to top it off

Advertisement