Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you cheated on a partner?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

johnr1 wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if a guy posted something about using glue on a woman's genitals.......

Permbanned maybe ??

Oh wait, I forgot, it's ok for women to say stuff like this here, cos it's just a joke and I'm oversensitive. :rolleyes:
    Carry on.

/hands over box of tampons

Try a cup of hot milk and a hot water bottle to help relieve the symptoms. The sister uses Feminax and swears by them, might wanna give those a try too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Abi wrote: »
    Ahh feck. I thought you meant, I dunno... waiting till he was drunk and gluing his cock to his bollix kinda revenge. Clothes can be bought, but a waking up with morning wood ripping the plums off the lad (don't forget to take your phone out for recordage) would have dropped the fcuker a peg or two.

Granted, some of them don't reach the plums, in which case any random object that would mean he couldn't pull up his trousers.

what's gas is that people think this stuff is ok, but, say, if I were to post that if I caught my wife cheating on me I'd video myself punching her in the kidneys until she pissed blood would probably, rightly, get me banned.

I'm not having a go by the way, it's just strange that it's like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

tbh wrote: »
    if I caught my wife cheating on me I'd video myself punching her in the kidneys until she pissed blood would probably, rightly, get me banned.
    Gluing a penis isn't nearly the same as beating your wife until she pisses blood (which incidentally would get you banned yes).
    Gluing her tits to her chin would be more similar, still offensive and bannable?

Anyway - Abi, cop on and leave them kids alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Domo230 wrote: »
    Is this what most people think cause I would think this attitude is the problem.

If someone cheated on me and told me straight away then I would be upset, break up with them for good but I would understand that they made a mistake and are living with the consequences and would get over it.

However if someone was cheating and didn't tell me and I found out then I would go completely ape****. I would completely trash the place and go try take the other fella in a fight. I would be hitting her and him and going nuts.

Apparently this reaction is extreme but I can't think of any betrayal bigger than infidelity. If I cheated on the girl, I would expect the same reaction to my cheating and would understand why she is acting that way.

In my mind cheaters are the lowest of the low and I would have as much sympathy for someone who cheated on me and din't tell me as I would for someone who tried to murder my family and would have no qualms with making their life as miserable as possible. I truly hope there is a special place in hell reserved for people who betray others in any way. They are pure scum.

Many of you are probably shocked by this reaction but I am kind and courteous to almost everyone I meet, but if anyone ever tries back-stab me (in any way) then god help them I will crush them like the betraying dogs they are.

Am I the only person who feels this way? Maybe it's the Italian blood in me boiling for Vendetta. Never been cheated on thankfully but god help the person if they ever do and don't tell me.

Even though the reaction is a little too much I kind of understand the idea. I mean if my bf was to cheat on me I would like to be told straight away and work from there... I am not saying I would forgive but it would be more likely. It is the lying that gets to me on all sides of relationships. Be brutally honest, I would be upset but if I found out a lie like that. It would be over so quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

biko wrote: »
    Gluing a penis isn't nearly the same as beating your wife until she pisses blood (which incidentally would get you banned yes).
    Gluing her tits to her chin would be more similar, still offensive and bannable?

Anyway - Abi, cop on and leave them kids alone.

Yet no ban for Abi's "similar" to use your own word, post? No infraction?

Thanks for your measured (undermeasured IMO) response.

Also thanks for your condescension to the posters who have a problem with what Abi posted. it really shows how you feel about this sh1t yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Yep, have done, and still do.....:rolleyes:

Have to, i was never any good at those fecking card games anyway!!!

biko wrote: »

meh - the point wasn't really about how serious it was, just an observation that a furious woman scorned is applauded, a furious man scorned is a psycho. But that's bigger than me, you or Abi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

meh - the point wasn't really about how serious it was, just an observation that a furious woman scorned is applauded, a furious man scorned is a psycho. But that's bigger than me, you or Abi

I just cant get the picture of chin boobs out of my head now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yes. I typed in a code that made me invincible so that she couldn't beat me.

I think it was A, X, B, Up, Down, Left, Down, Y, oh god I've run out of steam.

The answer is almost once but luckily I came to my senses and got outta there. Go me.

Kiera wrote: »
    I just cant get the picture of chin boobs out of my head now :D

if the tits can be glued to the chin, it's amazing she could find someone to cheat with her ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Haven't cheated. Don't know about cheated on

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

I dunno. wouldn't you want to know? =/
    My post was admitted off colour humour-wise, but it was in no way significant about how I feel about anyone in RL. To take what I said seriously is utterly ridiculous. So this scorned, furious woman business doesn't apply to me in the least.

FWIW, I had that post deleted because it was something that was bizarrely taken serious by some, and the thread had begun to derail, and unfortunately it still is. I find the reaction by some comical, when women are ridiculed on a daily basis by men here, but we're to accept that they're "joking" or fooling around. The women here hold their own and let that shit pass for fear of causing a fuss, or indeed being taken the piss out of over it. Yeah, I hit a nerve with some, but I've heeded my warning.

. I find the reaction by some comical, when women are ridiculed on a daily basis by men here, but we're to accept that they're "joking" or fooling around. .

I'm confused about your point. Are you saying it's ok when that happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I find the reaction by some comical, when women are ridiculed on a daily basis by men here, but we're to accept that they're "joking" or fooling around. The women here hold their own and let that shit pass for fear of causing a fuss, or indeed being taken the piss out of over it. Yeah, I hit a nerve with some, but I've heeded my warning.

I have to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I meant finding out now a ex had cheated on me. No point opening old wounds

I meant finding out now a ex had cheated on me. No point opening old wounds
    Oh right. Well I don't think I'd care in that case. When a relationship ends, be that through cheating or whatever other reason, it just wasn't meant to be.
    I'm confused about your point. Are you saying it's ok when that happens?
    I'm not being rude, but why don't you start a thread in feedback about it? I just can't see this being resolved here, and it's not the right place for it either. If you do, I'll put in my tuppence worth there.

My post was admitted off colour humour-wise, but it was in no way significant about how I feel about anyone in RL. To take what I said seriously is utterly ridiculous. So this scorned, furious woman business doesn't apply to me in the least.

FWIW, I had that post deleted because it was something that was bizarrely taken serious by some, and the thread had begun to derail, and unfortunately it still is. I find the reaction by some comical, when women are ridiculed on a daily basis by men here, but we're to accept that they're "joking" or fooling around. The women here hold their own and let that shit pass for fear of causing a fuss, or indeed being taken the piss out of over it. Yeah, I hit a nerve with some, but I've heeded my warning.

Thank you Abi. :)

Yes, absolute dicks make dickish comments about women here every day, and they get infracted, banned etc for same. I don't make them, neither does tbh, I dont agree with them, condone them, or thank them. I often thank the rebuttals posted by Dudess, Eve Dublin, or indeed, yourself. As responsible guy posters, we expect the same courtesy ie: don't be one of the dicks.

Anyway, on topic, No I haven't cheated, cos I'm not lowlife Judas scum.

Have had it done to me - years ago by a LT gf, and my so called best mate of the time.

I have no forgiveness for it ever, and no opinion worth mentioning of people who do.

Don't

I'm not being rude, but why don't you start a thread in feedback about it? I just can't see this being resolved here, and it's not the right place for it either. If you do, I'll put in my tuppence worth there.

no - you're right, it's OT, sorry. To repeat, I wasn't having a go at you specifically, I know you were only joking. It wasn't a "why don't the mods ban abi" thing, it was a "hey did you ever notice" thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Have cheated and have been cheated on..

Don't really do relationships anymore, not for me!

@ Domo290,

I agree with your opinion of cheaters, and like you, the disloyalty, betrayal, and concealment is mostly what gets to me. (I have in the past forgiven a single incident, and gotten over the mental pictures etc, only for it to be repeated)
    What I don't agree with is seeking any kind of revenge, be that damage to property, physical harm, or public humiliation.
    I think the best 'revenge' for this wrong is to cut the individual out of your life completely, be dignified, move on to a better relationship, and never ever go back. Being happy is the best payback, you come off looking the bigger person, and the other may even feel worse about what they've done as a result of your non-response.

I would also say to people who don't understand how some of us have such strong views on this, that I, certainly do accept that people especially young people learning about relationships, can make mistakes and so long as they do the decent thing and break up or own up immediately, then that's ok.

When I think of cheating, I think of repeated physical/emotional cheating in a long term, serious relationship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement