Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Research Project **Help Required**

Options
  • 08-02-2012 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I am a long time lurker and currently in need of some help with a research project I am doing as part of a degree programme. I have been a vegetarian myself for seven years and I am currently in the final year of a BA in Development Studies.

The project is looking at the attitude and knowledge among Irish vegetarians with regards the food they eat and how this in turn impacts the environment and development. The study is solely focused on vegetarianism and is not a comparison with any other diet.
    I have tried to make the survey as straight forward as possible but if you have any questions please email me at vegetarianresearchproject2012@gmail.com.

The link to the survey is below and thank you for your help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C6KKYMY

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Done - interesting and thought provoking questions - good luck with the research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

they seems to be more statements you're asked to agree with or not rather than open questions. I don't think you could apply the results of this survey to anything of worth. It's very biased and many of the "questions" demand a particular answer by giving a particular viewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _bodhi_

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    they seems to be more statements you're asked to agree with or not rather than open questions. I don't think you could apply the results of this survey to anything of worth. It's very biased and many of the "questions" demand a particular answer by giving a particular viewpoint.

I understand your comment and take it on board. I realise the questions are slightly biased and it took several drafts with my supervisor to get it where it is. I could not keep editing them as I am short on time. I will be holding interviews and a focus group so the survey is more for triangulation. I would expect most of the key content will come from sitting down with people but I could make interesting findings with the survey none the less. The project itself is not a major piece or work so the worth at the end of it will be more personal than anything else! Again I appreciate your comment and for taking time to look at it.

@henryporter thank you for your input and kind words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Monsanto is bad alright.
    What brands of tofu are and are not from monsanto products?

edit: taifun does not use monsanto seed, and is grown in Germany. Taifun tofu is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

If you're up for making your own tofu from soymilk, then Sojade soymilk is made with french soybeans. France and Germany are significant growers of soybeans in Europe. Alpro and most cheap/supermarket brands use Chinese soybeans.

Lord of Tofu is a german brand who mostly use their local German soybeans but sometimes need to supplement local supply with imported soybeans - I think that extra soy is from Brazil only though. And Viana is another crowd.
    I emailed Biona about their tinned organic soybeans and they told me that they are grown and tinned in Italy...but an Italien told me to be a bit cautious as to where in Italy this happened.

But this info is subject to change, say, if theres a bad harvest one year in Germany, etc. you have to keep checking but it does become second nature.

'Organic' food is, by definition, GM free. So if you're avoiding GM foodstuffs, organic takes a lot of the stress out of researching. Most of the soy grown in the U.S. and China is GM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Done :)
    I would have preferred if the first question was multiple choice but there you go

Advertisement