Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - Oil transfer?

• 08-02-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

We have oil central heating in our house, our landlord is making us move three doors down to a new house because of renovations. Is there any oil companies in Galway that could transfer the oil from one house to another?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Find yourself a cleanish 5 gallon drum and a bit of hose, if its only 3 doors down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

There is no hole at the bottom of the tank to transfer it over.

Just called Claddah Oil recommended someone but it is €150 euro to transfer from the guy they use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can use 2 long tubes and a drill pump (usually not good for petrol but your call) to get it out of the tank into some container and then out of the container into the next tank.
    I don't know how much oil you have but it's either pay for it or DIY which probably will takes ages...
    Note that there is probably debris at the bottom and that if you take it all out air can get into the system and it need bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NiCiarain

Could you get the Landlord to pay you for the oil thats left in the tank? And use this money to get more oil for the new place. Or else your landlord should pay the 150 euro to move the oil, since he's making you move he should accomodate you by paying for that.

If not I'm sure you could find a video on youtube showing you how to get the oil out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

NiCiarain wrote: »
    Could you get the Landlord to pay you for the oil thats left in the tank? And use this money to get more oil for the new place. Or else your landlord should pay the 150 euro to move the oil, since he's making you move he should accomodate you by paying for that.

If not I'm sure you could find a video on youtube showing you how to get the oil out.

I will be getting the landlord to pay for it, seeing as we would be able to actually use the rest of it if we were not forced to move. We move in a few days (only found out about it on Monday), and we don't have the financial resources as a house to fork out another €450 for oil (especially when flatmates may be moving out over it).

Will investigate the pump method but regardless I'm leaving it up to the landlord to pay for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement