Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please

• 08-02-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just thought there may be better experts around here than I so...
    This any good?
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/2948804
    We were looking for a van that had a shower plus the usual stuff and not too big for parking (I`m female ;))
    Thanks for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its a home conversion, you pay for what you get a 13 year old van that wasnt always used as a leisure vehicle also says in needs some body work so that is extra cost there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 doubledecker

owned a ldv 2.5 before (not a camper)... wasn't too impressed with it... though plenty of spares, as its a transit engine... very slow and noisy... maybe not ideal for a camper.. in my opinion... looks like a decent fit out though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

No DOE needed..... Hmmm.... Anyone seen my can of worms? The piping for the water looks a bit messy . Still , tis dirt cheap , if it's not rotten . 4 outlets off the gas , one for hob , fridge , and what else? Has it heating or hot water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

Anyone who implies "no time wasters" in block caps shouldn't be given a 2nd look. Timewasters often like to ensure the product they are buying is free from defects which often cause considerable inconvenience to the seller.
    Bummer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

I would avoid that unless you want to spend a couple of months and a good chunk of cash getting it into shape. They mention bodywork needed but have no pics of the damage. If there's a lot of rot this could mean a tough time getting it through the new tests come March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

alexfernie wrote: »
    Anyone who implies "no time wasters" in block caps shouldn't be given a 2nd look. Timewasters often like to ensure the product they are buying is free from defects which often cause considerable inconvenience to the seller.
    Bummer that.
    i dont agree with you on the "no time wasters" as i had my van advertised and the amount of people frying my head was no joke,
    each visit took between 1.5 to 2 hours long and 3/4 of a tank of diesel wasted,when they couldnt find a fault with the van then they give you a stupid smirk and tell you its a buyers market and they have under half the asking price to "play with" so they were told to "keep playing with it":mad:

seriously though i told another idiot to get the f**k out of the van and not to come back after he stood up on the seat cushion with dirty boots, he obviously had no intentions of buying it as he didnt give a rats ass about it, when you keep it in good nick and an idiot comes and stands on the seat cushion it would maddened anybody?

so thats why i put no time wasters on my add and in the end i just took it off the market as i was getting pi**ed off with people wasting my time,:(

has any body else had the same when trying to sell a mh?

(sorry for ranting but good to get it off my chest!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 alexfernie

i dont agree with you on the "no time wasters" as i had my van advertised and the amount of people frying my head was no joke,
    each visit took between 1.5 to 2 hours long and 3/4 of a tank of diesel wasted,when they couldnt find a fault with the van then they give you a stupid smirk and tell you its a buyers market and they have under half the asking price to "play with" so they were told to "keep playing with it":mad:

seriously though i told another idiot to get the f**k out of the van and not to come back after he stood up on the seat cushion with dirty boots, he obviously had no intentions of buying it as he didnt give a rats ass about it, when you keep it in good nick and an idiot comes and stands on the seat cushion it would maddened anybody?

so thats why i put no time wasters on my add and in the end i just took it off the market as i was getting pi**ed off with people wasting my time,:(

has any body else had the same when trying to sell a mh?

(sorry for ranting but good to get it off my chest!!)

In fairness, I can see your point. That would do my head in alright. Trouble is, I get tyre-kickers like that in the day-job everyday...

But is there a middle ground between "time-waster" and "I-don't-fancy-getting-shafted-so-I'd-like-to-take-my-time"?. When I bought my bus, I wished I'd wasted a small bit more of the seller's time before I parted with me dosh. All issues sorted now, but wished I hadn't been so keen not to waste the seller's time when I was buying.

That was the angle I was coming from, if you get me.

On the other hand, if a "buyer" cost me 2 hours and 3/4 tank of diesel before standing on my seats, I'd probably use the remaining fuel to run him over, so he got off lightly with you!

Advertisement