Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl Buy & Swap at U Bar 1st March

Options
  • 08-02-2012 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

How's it going guys

My name's Ciaran and myself and a mate have started a monthly Vinyl Buy & Swap at U-Bar on High Street (previously The Pale).

The idea is people bring up records they don't want and either swap them between themselves or buy new ones off people who are there solely to sell. Last week there was approx' 200 euro's worth sold between 30 people on top of numerous swaps. We're hoping to have at least 50 down for the next one on the 1st of March.
    There's a listening post and for the next one we're going to have another set of decks down with a mixer for people to show off their records.

If you're interested please do bring an eclectic mix of your records down and see what you can sell, its of course free and starts at 6 P.M. and runs till 12pm.

Here are the directions:
    http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?q=U+Bar+Dublin&hl=en&cid=16098478623648338423

Cheers for your time,

Paul.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Great idea - be happy to sticky this if you have any sort of updates to add as it progresses, maybe even some pictures of people happily swapping records... :pac:

Best of luck with it, great to see some activity around vinyl... be nice to see something like this evolve into a regular feature in Dublin, especially given the lack of options for purchasing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Nice one Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Great idea, will try to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Will stick it in the calendar and try to get along - will have a few for sale if I can make it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Just a suggestion, but might be a good idea if any boardies are thinking of going along to this with a stack of vinyls to shift, throw a quick post here to let peeps know whats up for grabs! Also anyone looking for anything particular post up what your after and someone might see it and have what your chasing!

If I can get along to this I'd be hunting down (a long shot) any oldskool hardcore,jungle drum n bass circa 1990-96, labels such as Suburban Base,Moving Shadows,Ram,Metalheadz,Formation,Basement,Hit&Run etc etc

Cheers Ciaran/Paul ,best of luck and continued success with this venture!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjG2bSQnTg3Pu7MLWQqT2qXGedO9R7pKYmnTrQR-p8EWRb248ZJy5Ss3Qimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmcUAm6EHL1KR9X8c5ysBLIrUh0v5wzOQ2Cq3dPfdxYO845zGY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I'd be well interested in early 90's house and techno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Deserves a bump ..... Best of luck with this one lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

facebook page might be an idea if this is going to be ongoing - should be finished work at 8 tommorow and will try get in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah I'm gonna try get in on my way home from work myself.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ianuss wrote: »
    I'd be well interested in early 90's house and techno.

Bleedin oldskoolers :rolleyes:

In town tomorrow afternoon so hope to get over too.

• Advertisement

This was postponed until the 22nd in case anyone was gonna head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 UBAR

How're you lads,

Everything's set to go ahead on the 22nd (tomorrow) from 6pm onwards (until 12), we've got a set of 12's down aswell so there'll be a few people having a mix as you're browsing, the type of stuff we'll have down will be Techno, Old Hardcore/jungle, Trance, Garage, Nu-Disco, Hip Hop, 90's House, Drum'n'Bass, a seriously ecclective mix of records anyway!

Here's the event page on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/events/232263006871365/

Here's directions to the pub!
    http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?q=U+Bar+Dublin&hl=en&cid=16098478623648338423

Hopefully sees you all there!

Has anyone here been to this? It's been on a few times since they started it.

Advertisement