Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 - Few questions..

Options
  • 08-02-2012 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hello,

Few questions about the J1.

1.Who would be better to book your J1 with? Usit or Sayit? People who have had experience with one or the other? and how did it go?

2.(It says you have to be in the middle of a degree or something to state your coming back) My question is what could you use to prove your coming back? (or even examples)

3.I'm currently studying at the minute, but my course finishes this june. I am planning on going on to study more. Do a degree, but that will mean I am only going into first year, would that be enough to prove Im coming back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

DMG_49 wrote: »
    Hello,

Few questions about the J1.

1.Who would be better to book your J1 with? Usit or Sayit? People who have had experience with one or the other? and how did it go?
    I believe people have had good experience using IIC in Boston. They won't ask to book your flights through them etc and are non profit
    2.(It says you have to be in the middle of a degree or something to state your coming back) My question is what could you use to prove your coming back? (or even examples)
    Just a note from your college indicating you are enrolled and deferred. It would need to be on official paper etc.

3.I'm currently studying at the minute, but my course finishes this june. I am planning on going on to study more. Do a degree, but that will mean I am only going into first year, would that be enough to prove Im coming back?
    An application would be good with the information on the course. I had an application to a masters when I did something similar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I can only comment on Usit, but I found them really helpful in terms of the sponsor they work with in the US, CIEE. Whenever I needed to know anything they emailed back quickly, or I was never left waiting on the phone. Very useful updates from both CIEE and Usit during my J1 via email.

Found the booking process very straighforward as well.

A stamped, signed and dated letter from the college you'll be attending after the summer should suffice. My college actually had these pre made up and just filled in your name, so I'm sure yours will be familiar with the request!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SonicC

Depends what level the course is your doing at the moment, has to be level 6 or higher, i faced this problem when i applied first, i done a 1 year course, which was level 5, but i coulnt appy for j1. so i went on to next year and joined a HND course which was a 2 year course, i done the first year, then applyed for j1 and arrived here last September, i went with IIC centre there based in boston, very helpful, adn alot cheaper than USIT and SAYIT, another plus with these over the other companys is u get to book your flight, and get your own insurance,

Advertisement