Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''GO BAG''

• 08-02-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

not sure if this is the right place to post feel free to move as required.... so i was just wondering does anyone here keep a ''go bag'' with some essentials in their car should the need to stay somewhere unexpectedly arise....i know by saying ''go bag'' i make it sound rather clandestine but i couldnt think of any other name! and if anyone does have one what do they keep in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Check out this thread OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

The wife has changed the locks on you yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

My 'go bag' is a pack of crisps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Does a Lidls Bag4Life count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Gawd this is ghey.

Go bag hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

More like have_a_go_bag! Amirite? Amirite? :cool:

More like have_a_go_bag! Amirite? Amirite? :cool:

No you are not right.

Please vacate the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭have_a_go_hero

nah but i live a good distance from work and had to stay over night recently (I work in a hotel) and didn't have a fresh suit, shirt etc.. for the morning. I was luckily able to get a friend to bring them to me in the morning....

Thread reminds me of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

An overnight bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If I sleep away I just wear the same clothes the next day and not brush my teeth until I get home.
    No "go bag" needed.

biko wrote: »
    If I sleep away I just wear the same clothes the next day and not brush my teeth until I get home.
    No "go bag" needed.

And that's why you're single...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Do you mean like if the coppers show up unannounced at the door and you have to go on the lamb.

Do you mean like if the coppers show up unannounced at the door and you have to go on the lamb.

nope i explained in post number 9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have a 'go fishing bag' in the boot of my car. There are a few lures, lines, etc. in there. Also in the boot is a light spinning rod, in case I get a sudden urge to do some fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

No because I have no outstanding warrants. I suggest you focus on finding the one armed man and then you won't need a go bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Anyone else read the thread title as "GEE BAG" ?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone else read the thread title as "GEE BAG" ?? :rolleyes:

Yes and you just beat me to it ya bollix :mad: :P

Still better to have a go bag than a gee bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

You could have a "gro-bag" in case there was going to be a tomato emergency in three months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have a clean pair of socks in my car at all times. There's nothing worse than walking around in wet socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No "go bag" needed.

Is "Go Bag" a new word for condom?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

I have a bag in the car with water and a towel and some nibbles........for the dog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Don't have a 'go bag'... tend not to have your car with you the times when you unexpectedly end up sleeping away from home... and only girls carry bags around with them all night (:pac:).

I do stick a little travel toothbrush in my pocket though (soap and toothpaste and stuff is usually sourceable where ever you end up) and a 50 folded up real small that I make sure not to touch (for like a taxi or breakfast etc). Maybe one or two other things. (Thinking a little razor might be a good addition).

The toothbrush thing isn't unusual is it? I always presumed lots of people must do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

hardCopy wrote: »

No,that would be a 'cum bag' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

phasers wrote: »
    I have a clean pair of socks in my car at all times. There's nothing worse than walking around in wet socks.
    Yes there is, wet jocks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I know a geebag if that counts?

Edit: Ah ghoulies. I should read the whole thread before replying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

OMG is this the massive handbag thread!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

strobe wrote: »
    Don't have a 'go bag'... tend not to have your car with you the times when you unexpectedly end up sleeping away from home... and only girls carry bags around with them all night (:pac:).

I do stick a little travel toothbrush in my pocket though (soap and toothpaste and stuff is usually sourceable where ever you end up) and a 50 folded up real small that I make sure not to touch (for like a taxi or breakfast etc). Maybe one or two other things. (Thinking a little razor might be a good addition).

The toothbrush thing isn't unusual is it? I always presumed lots of people must do that?
    In Ireland half of people don't have a toothbrush at home let alone in a go bag ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

kfallon wrote: »
    Yes and you just beat me to it ya bollix :mad: :P

Still better to have a go bag than a gee bag!

maybe he needs a go bag because of his gee bag

• Advertisement

thannks for all the valuable contributions everyone much appreciated...great to know you can ask a genuine question and not have the p**s taken out of you....again thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

not sure if this is the right place to post feel free to move as required.... so i was just wondering does anyone here keep a ''go bag'' with some essentials in their car should the need to stay somewhere unexpectedly arise....i know by saying ''go bag'' i make it sound rather clandestine but i couldnt think of any other name! and if anyone does have one what do they keep in it?

Yep.
    Contains: Rope, cable ties, knife, bone saw, bin bags, shovel, wet wipes.

signed.... Larry Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I have Comfort bottle as a go bottle in case I have to go when I'm on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

I have a big doorstopper of a history book that I like to dip in and out of when stuck going nowhere. Then I go home and check boards in the hope that what I read today is being discussed. A bit like Joey in Friends when he bought that one encyclopedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Used to keep a bag with a change of clothes in the boot of my car in case I either broke down or got lucky unexpectedly.

Unfortunately my boot has now developed a leak which was rather unlucky really :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I choose you bag, go bag go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I have a Swiss bank account with cash in all denominations and passports for all my identities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

thannks for all the valuable contributions everyone much appreciated...great to know you can ask a genuine question and not have the p**s taken out of you....again thanks a million!!

You should keep a douche in your 'go bag' my friend, ye know, for getting the sand out of your vagina?

Nah, just kidding buddy, I love you really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A handy alternative is to grow a pair, they also come in a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

So, who else read the title as geebag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Who needs a Go Bag when you have a credit card?

Only pregnant ladies need one really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

al28283 wrote: »
    I have a Swiss bank account with cash in all denominations and passports for all my identities.

Alrite, Arry', you been wheelin' n dealin' agin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

hardCopy wrote: »
    No "go bag" needed.

Shouldn't be - unless it's being used for the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

A go bag is a bag you poo in

Advertisement