Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube World

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's very playable at the moment. I would advise anyone starting to put 5 points into climbing to unlock gliding as soon as possible, it really helps with travel time and it's very fun!!

If you are a fire mage the opposite is true. Put points into your pet and riding instead. When you unlock Blink/Teleport you can avoid fall damage and since you are putting all your points into one movement type rather than 2 you can get much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Anyone able to really get the hang of this game?

Started playing there the other day, got to level 3 just killing random stuff on the map. Ended up running for ages to get to one of the events, and got my ass kicked by a big dragon...

So I decided to join a public server... bad idea! Everything there 1 shot me... even the sheep!

However, someone completed a mission, and I ended up getting like 400 xp... went from level 3 to level 24 instantly.

So, I'm starting a new character, but I need some advise.. Does anyone know where to find weapons? I found the shop in town, but they only sell crap.. I mean, real crap...

Anyone tried crafting weapons? does it give different stuff each time? or is it set stats per plan etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

You need plans to craft, so you only get set stats. Your crafted weapons will have more or less the same stats as store bought ones. However, the stats can be improved with the customisation bench, with the added bonus of changing how the weapon looks. You also are limited to weapons within your characters power range, so you can't get a super weapon early on.

When you get platinum coins from killing bosses you can adapt a favourite item to bring it up to your current power level. I think that can only be done once and can't be done on store bought weapons as they are already adapted.

Cheers Sarn. Played last night and got a nice bit of stuff done. Killed a load of bosses and reckon I got a good swing of things now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

A word of warning to anyone playing this, it seems to put your GPU at 100% usage at the moment. I imagine that will be fixed before official release, but until then you can go to nvidia control panel, add cube.exe to the applications and enable vertical sync to limit the frame-rate. I noticed my gfx card was getting quite hot and loud before I did this, seems better now.

• Advertisement

Almost found this out the hard way :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great little game this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does anyone know has there been an update since the alpha released? Some weird issues with cpu usage i was getting, seemed a few others had it aswell. Want to let that get patched before I play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Great game alright, just bought it today after my Son had been talking about it non stop since he saw some gameplay vids on youtube.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This game gets better and better the more i play, it has literally endless potential.
    Anyone running a server? or play on a good server?
    Ive been playing 100% solo just testing the classes, id love to hook up with folks for some multiplayer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement