Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Depository 10% Discount [until 29th Feb 2012]

• 08-02-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

.co.uk website
    bookdepository.co.uk

.com website
    bookdepository.com

Simply enter the e-mail addresses of up to five friends in the boxes to the right and we will send our love (in the form of a 10% off voucher) to each of them.
    If your friends use their voucher then you'll get a 10% off too - one for each person that makes a purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

elaicah wrote: »
    .co.uk website
    bookdepository.co.uk

.com website
    bookdepository.com

Do I only get 10% off if they use their voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

vicwatson wrote: »
    Do I only get 10% off if they use their voucher?
    well you enter an email address and a code is sent to that email address (nobody knows if it really is your friend or not so it could be your 2nd email address)

or enter a real friends email address and just ask them for the code

if you have a gmail address its very easy

your email:

first.last@gmail.com

your friends:
    first.las.t@gmail.com
    first.la.st@gmail.com
    first.l.ast@gmail.com

(note with gmail all 4 address above actually go to the same account as "."'s in gmail addresses are ignored)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

if you have a gmail address its very easy

your email:

first.last@gmail.com

your friends:
    first.las.t@gmail.com
    first.la.st@gmail.com
    first.l.ast@gmail.com

(note with gmail all 4 address above actually go to the same account as "."'s in gmail addresses are ignored)

Interesting never new that about the "."'s in gmail being ignored, could come in useful sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Used to be a big fan of the book depository, but this time:
    - Ordered a book on 21st Jan (I think they said it would normally ship within 48h, but I'm far from sure)
    - Shipped 26th Jan
    - Arrived today!

How on earth did it take 2 weeks for a book to travel from the UK? Most things I order from the UK are here well within a week. Not good enough, and I'm really fed up with them.

Grrr, mumble, mumble...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Shouldn't really take two weeks but just check that it didn't come from Switzerland as a lot of their stuff comes from there, still shouldn't take two weeks I agree.

They were much faster when they weren't owned by Amazon in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

So your friends don't need to actually buy a book, they get a code and you use that to get a 10% discount?

shangri la wrote: »
    So your friends don't need to actually buy a book, they get a code and you use that to get a 10% discount?

easiest way is get your friend (or family member) to enter your email address and you will receive a discount code in an email with no purchase necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

There is a little quirk in the pricing as well. There is less than a 10% difference in the £/€ pricing i.e £14.94 becomes €16.29 in one book I was looking at so buy in €'s where you are over 10% quids in compared to £ prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Username_Taken

kn wrote: »
    A little quirk in the pricing as well. There is less than a 10% difference in the £/€ pricing i.e £14.94 becomes €16.29 in one book I was looking at so buy in €'s where you over 10% quids in compared to £ prices.

Well spotted, thank you.

• Advertisement

Well spotted, thank you.

With that little quirk in the pricing and the 10% code I sent myself (yeah, it worked) I am getting the book that originally popped up as priced £14.94 for €14.66. Not bad at the exchange rates. :D

With that little quirk in the pricing and the 10% code I sent myself (yeah, it worked) I am getting the book that originally popped up as priced £14.94 for €14.66. Not bad at the exchange rates. :D
    very good, never noticed that before you mentioned it

seems to be a 20% difference between between the £ and € prices now, can you check the price of the book which was £14.94, just wondering did the Euro price increase?

seems to be a 20% difference between between the £ and € prices now, can you check the price of the book which was £14.94, just wondering did the Euro price increase?

Just checked there now and it is still €16.29 and I checked another page of them and still under 10% difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sepaktakraw

.co.uk website
    bookdepository.co.uk

.com website
    bookdepository.com

I have 3 x 10% discount codes (one-time use) which I didn't use, if anyone wants one of them send a private message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

PM'd! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

.co.uk website
    bookdepository.co.uk

.com website
    bookdepository.com

I have 3 x 10% discount codes (one-time use) which I didn't use, if anyone wants one of them send a private message

Yes please !! Pmd!!

Advertisement