Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropbox Integration

Options
  • 08-02-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I use dropbox all the time with my mac, and many of my system folders (documents, pictures...) are actually aliases to the real ones in my dropbox folder. It was only whan I shared my folder with my friend that I realised that he could have deleted everything if he wanted to.

Is there any way of stopping dropbox from deleting files from the macine automatically?

More importantly, is there a way of having a folder somewhere on my mac (not shared) that is an exact duplicate of my dropbox folder and updates automatically, incase something goes wrong?

Any tips greatly appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Only share certain folders with in your Dropbox, not the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Dropbox.com let's you recover files deleted if you're quick, think its the past few weeks worth that can be restored

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Not only can others who have access to your Dropbox delete files but if you give a virtual machine access to a folder and you rm -rf that folder then Dropbox deletes all files off of your host.

(Virtualbox did not link properly to my Dropbox folder on my host so I thought I was just removing the link not all my files)

You can always download files from the web interface even after they are deleted.

Advertisement