Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 10/70 Lights on feature

Options
  • 08-02-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys

I looking at using the 'lights on' feature on the 10/70 panel to operate a gate

Is it possible to turn this output from a latch into a momentary output

If not what options do I have

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

waratahcam wrote: »
    Hi guys

I looking at using the 'lights on' feature on the 10/70 panel to operate a gate

Is it possible to turn this output from a latch into a momentary output

If not what options do I have

Thanks in advance

The smart light output would not suit.
    If you had a GSM then this has an output for gates which would suit.
    Another option would be to install a standalone controller on the gate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it not possible to set a time for an output on the 10/70?:confused:

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is it not possible to set a time for an output on the 10/70?:confused:

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 waratahcam

Hi Altor

thanks for the reply

Theres already a controller on the gate, I just want to have one remote for all, otherwise im carrying a bunch of remotes with me

I was going to use this output to signal a relay which would give a volt free signal to operate the gate, the only problem is that I would have to give the remote a second push in order to cancel the power to the relay

Is there another output that I can use and maybe configure to another one of the buttons on the remote

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The gate would only need a N O pair to close briefly.
    Will a timed output not not work this via a relay?

• Advertisement

Hi Altor

thanks for the reply

Theres already a controller on the gate, I just want to have one remote for all, otherwise im carrying a bunch of remotes with me

I was going to use this output to signal a relay which would give a volt free signal to operate the gate, the only problem is that I would have to give the remote a second push in order to cancel the power to the relay

Is there another output that I can use and maybe configure to another one of the buttons on the remote

thanks

A smart doors output would work. It can be set in seconds to the time you want the door open. It can be activated by a user code.

Will a timed output not not work this via a relay?

Hi

Yes, thats what im looking for, can this feature be timed, if so where can this be configured

altor wrote: »
    A smart doors output would work. It can be set in seconds to the time you want the door open. It can be activated by a user code.

I was looking at that, can this be set with the fob

I was looking at that, can this be set with the fob

I am not sure to be honest waratahcam.
    I know each fob is set up for one user so it might if the smart door is set up for that user. I will find out for you though.

It should be possible via outputs. Ill send you over the Installation Manual to look over.

• Advertisement

I am not sure to be honest waratahcam.
    I know each fob is set up for one user so it might if the smart door is set up for that user. I will find out for you though.

I think it may say in the manual that the smart door can only be set by a user code - i think this may be a fire saftey feature

I will find out for you though.

Thanks a million

I think it may say in the manual that the smart door can only be set by a user code - i think this may be a fire saftey feature

You cant have access control on a fire door so dont think this would relate to that.

I will find out off HKC or if Steven is on he will let us know if it is possible.

thanks Altor

thanks Altor

Your welcome, I let you know if it can or not be done tomorrow.

Hi waratahcam,

I was on to HKC today and they said the 9 button on the keyfob will only control the light output. If you do set it up using this output then you will need to press the 9 to open the gate and press the 9 to close it too.

Is there no option to get this to open a zone?

Dont think so, think it works the other way around.

I have a mad roundabout way that might work.
    Does the 10/70 have areas?

Hi guys

Thanks for your help

Is there a way of configuring button 5/6 , - instead of it going into part arm, it would operate a mapped output which could time out after a predetermined period

• Advertisement

Does the 10/70 have areas?

What do you mean?

I was hoping for an answer from Altor. Does the panel have areas , this is where you could have 2 seperate areas that can be armed/disarmed seperatly.
    If this is possible I have an idea.

Hi guys

Thanks for your help

Is there a way of configuring button 5/6 , - instead of it going into part arm, it would operate a mapped output which could time out after a predetermined period

No 5/6 are for part set only.

I was hoping for an answer from Altor. Does the panel have areas , this is where you could have 2 seperate areas that can be armed/disarmed seperatly.
    If this is possible I have an idea.

Yes it does.
    It would work with a prox fob but that means swapping out the keypad.

Can you programme the keyfob to arm area 2?
    Then have an arm/disarm out put for area 2?

Can you programme the keyfob to arm area 2?
    Then have an arm/disarm out put for area 2?

Yes.

And can an arm/disarm output be timed?

And can an arm/disarm output be timed?

No, The arm/disarm output is on when the system is unset and off when the system is armed.

It could be used with the fob set up as a different user for a different area.

Quite a few limitations re outputs here.
    What outputs can be timed?

• Advertisement

Quite a few limitations re outputs here.
    What outputs can be timed?

Internal and external bell as far as I know.

Advertisement