Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 10/70 Lights on feature

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there no option to swith any output from continious to pulse or timed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there no option to swith any output from continious to pulse or timed?

Smart doors output can be timed but you can not use this with the fob. When activated by a code or zone it will remain energized for the time set in seconds.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It looks like my idea eon't work with 10/70 so. A pity.

Only 2 options seem to be smart doors - use the keypad. Smart light use the keyfob to toggle the output open and close.
    Smart light might be the better of the 2 as when your in your car you can use the fob to open and close the gate after you.
    Another option is to get a gate controller with a fob.

altor wrote: »
    Another option is to get a gate controller with a fob.

I think thats what the OP wants to avoid.

• Advertisement

I think thats what the OP wants to avoid.

Yes, I understand that. At lease he has options now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Can smart lights not be timed?? I can set it so when the kitchen beam is tripped a relay is turned on switching on the kitchen lights . They then go off if no movement is detected.... May try with the fob and see what happens. Would be handy if it worked:D

Can smart lights not be timed?? I can set it so when the kitchen beam is tripped a relay is turned on switching on the kitchen lights . They then go off if no movement is detected.... May try with the fob and see what happens. Would be handy if it worked:D

That is because you are using a zone to activate it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i see :D

Maybe if he were to connect the smart lights with a relay into a zone???? :confused:

• Advertisement

Maybe if he were to connect the smart lights with a relay into a zone???? :confused:

How would he activate the zone?

I have to say , I'm really surprised that outputs can't be changed from continious to pulse or timed.

altor wrote: »
    How would he activate the zone?

By using the relay on the zone. Pressing 9 switches the relay opening the zone.
    I wouldnt say it would work depending on how far the gate is from the panel.

He could get one of those flash to open controllers... When you flash the car lights it activates ab RF remote www.gatesauto.ie

By using the relay on the zone. Pressing 9 switches the relay opening the zone.
    I wouldnt say it would work depending on how far the gate is from the panel.
    [/url]

Good idea brains :D

Il give it a go tomorrow when i get the fob off the neighbour ...... Could work!

I have to say , I'm really surprised that outputs can't be changed from continious to pulse or timed.

It could possibly be done! Dont give up hope! :D

It could possibly be done! Dont give up hope! :D

Theres always a way. Just wish they didn't make it so difficult.
    Here , does the 10/70 have the option to switch the strobe briefly on set.?

The internal bell can be set to arm squak. When armed with the keyfob the internal bell will sound briefly at the end of the exit time ....if you connect the strobe into the internal bell outputs then yup it would i think it works with the strobe out puts aswell :D

Could you then set up a second area with no active zones, set up a keyfob to arm/disarm this area, use the squalk or strobe output to start the gate?

Altor.... Feel free to help me!!! :p i have no clue about areas!:confused: So i couldnt say . Sorry :pac:

• Advertisement

Could you then set up a second area with no active zones, set up a keyfob to arm/disarm this area, use the squalk or strobe output to start the gate?

But then wouldnt the keyfob be assigned to that area? So then the keyfob wouldnt be able to disarm the main area????? It would only work for the gates?

Could the same keyfob not have permissions for both areas.?

Let me get my manual!! ;)

With this
    signet20control20panel1.jpg

and this

E113745217.jpg

This would be so easy..:D

Well im open to free donations ;) send as many as you like :p
    I accept all GE(simon xt , cough cough) HKC, ARITECH, SIGNET and SIEMENS panels
    It says
    There are 8 timers
    The lights can be triggered by a zone activating ,by user code or both.
    The interval in minutes indicates the amount of time the light (relay ) will remain illuminated

Its a lack of some basic options thats making this so arkward.
    Can the remote not even be set to open a zone?

Honestly i dont know.;) i may have a look tomorow :D Worse il have to buy a new panel to do my "Tests" on when i connect to monitoring! Its a drastic change i dont like . Dont know how il survive! But at least il still know the engineer code ! Hahahahaha

Its a quiet day if you don't learn something new..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 waratahcam

The internal bell can be set to arm squak.

Where can I find this option??:confused:

• Advertisement

waratahcam wrote: »
    Where can I find this option??:confused:

It is set up in the RF options, keyfob options. This will not be any good as it just activates a sounder for a second as an indication of the system setting.

The lights output will work but you just need to press the 9 on the keyfob to close the gate after you.

Advertisement