Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

33x Bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

could you use the travel 90 ticket from Balbriggan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

cathy01 wrote: »
    could you use the travel 90 ticket from Balbriggan?

Only on Dublin Bus routes 33 and 33a:
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33/
    http://dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33a/

It is not valid on Bus Eireann services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Peckham

Haven't gotten the 33X as much recently, but the days I have gotten it suggest that the 6.35 from Skerries isn't as packed as it was this time last month. Wonder have some people given up on the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I gave up on the 33x a few weeks back and just get it out to the train station in Rush & Lusk if it comes before the regular 33, get into town/work 9 on the dot each morning. Sick of waiting to see if it turns up at the time its meant to. Very unreliable services compared to the rest of Dublin and I'm just sick of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 sanny82

thinking to move to Lusk even the transport seems a nightmare but until we get a car afraid I wouldn't have a choice.

Did anyone ever walked to the dart station? Are they footpath and does it really take 30mins?

Can I use my Dublin Bus monthly bus ticket? Was reading a thread in the past that its not valid for 33x

Also if you use the bus going to the train station how much is it (lets say from Kelly's garage)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

sanny82 wrote: »
    thinking to move to Lusk even the transport seems a nightmare but until we get a car afraid I wouldn't have a choice.

Did anyone ever walked to the dart station? Are they footpath and does it really take 30mins?

Can I use my Dublin Bus monthly bus ticket? Was reading a thread in the past that its not valid for 33x

Also if you use the bus going to the train station how much is it (lets say from Kelly's garage)?
    Be a long walk to a DART station. Nearest one is malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 sanny82

:rolleyes: of course I mean the train station Rush and Lusk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

sanny82 wrote: »

It's a ~2km walk from Kelly's garage to the train station, how fast do you walk?

The 33x only goes from Skerries to town in the morning

The 33x should be fine with your monthly as the 33x is an Xpresso (so the Travel 90 should be valid too?)

The 33/a from Kelly's Garage to the Train station should cost €1.80 (€1.45 with LEAP)

All information from Dublin Bus website or Google maps

All prepaid passes are valid on the 33X.

lxflyer wrote: »
    All prepaid passes are valid on the 33X.

Yep even the kids one;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

I'll be looking at houses in Rush this week. Would anyone be able to advise me if I'd be able to get on to the 33x at either the Skerries road or Old Road stops in the morning time?

Similarly I work around St. Stephen's Green, what is it like in the evenings.

Thanks for any and all help.

There is no issue getting onto the 33x in Rush - the problems are in Lusk.

The return services operate from Custom House Quay and not St Stephen's Green (despite what the timetable heading would have you believe).

The return services operate from Custom House Quay and not St Stephen's Green (despite what the timetable heading would have you believe).

That makes perfect sense :)

Thanks for the info though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cbreeze

in the bad old days there used to be just one 33x a day - one leaving Skerries at 0635 and one leaving St Stephen's green at 1735 - then the railway bridge collapsed at the estuary and 33x's became more frequent and as they proved popular they kept a small number on.

cbreeze wrote: »
    in the bad old days there used to be just one 33x a day - one leaving Skerries at 0635 and one leaving St Stephen's green at 1735 - then the railway bridge collapsed at the estuary and 33x's became more frequent and as they proved popular they kept a small number on.

Yes - I know that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

In fairness, it is ludicrous that DB are still lying about their route for the 33x north.
    It's a criminal offence to mislead customers, stating the 33x serves d'Olier st in the evenings is clearly misleading....

Hi folks,

Can anyone let me know how long on average it takes the 33x to get into town in the morning and home in the evenings (to / from Lusk / Rush)?

Thanks,

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Rael wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can anyone let me know how long on average it takes the 33x to get into town in the morning and home in the evenings (to / from Lusk / Rush)?

Thanks,

Ken

around 40mins in the morning from Lusk to Tara St, usually around the same in the evening from the Custom house

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NCD

I heard a rumour a new private bus service to the City like the one in Swords is starting
    from Lusk, This would be great its badly needed.

NCD wrote: »
    I heard a rumour a new private bus service to the City like the one in Swords is starting

Noooo my cie staff ticket wont work on that:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

They need a licence to operate the route first, don't they ?

Indeed they do and I would be surprised if a commercial service would be allowed to operate alongside a subsidised service - there would have to be differences in the routes, as otherwise EU competition law would come into play.

I was told some company has applied for some sort of permit.

There is no Lusk Bus service only the skerries bus which passes tru Lusk, Most mornings it so full if you manage to get on
    you have to stand all the way to town, Same again in the evening, My friends use the one in Swords and think its great,
    The people in lusk deserve the same, I hope what i heard is more than a rumor,

There is no Lusk Bus service only the skerries bus which passes tru Lusk, Most mornings it so full if you manage to get on
    you have to stand all the way to town, Same again in the evening, My friends use the one in Swords and think its great,
    The people in lusk deserve the same, I hope what i heard is more than a rumor,

You cannot have directly competing subsidised and commercial bus services - irrespective of where the terminus is, the route has to be different. Otherwise, as I mentioned above, the NTA would be leaving themselves open to an action under EU competition law.

That's why the 41X and the Swords Express take different routes through Swords to get onto the M1.

How would they be competing CIE, will not or do not want to commit the resources necessary in order to give the commuters living in lusk what they want and deserve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd love to know what fare they'd charge - it's bound to be a lot more than the Dublin Bus fare.

I have no idea, However the people from Balbriggan and Swords seem happy to pay for the service they want.

How would they be competing CIE, will not or do not want to commit the resources necessary in order to give the commuters living in lusk what they want and deserve.

It is the NTA that decide on what level of service that subsidised services are provided at - read back over this thread.

Their opinion is that between the train and the 33X a sufficient service is provided - I'm certainly not saying that is right, but that's their view.

At present there is a direct express service that is subsidised - the 33X. Any new service will have to have a different route, otherwise there would be the potential for a legal action under EU competition rules.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Has it calmed down slightly in the mornings now, or is that simply the Easter school break lull?

Thank you for your effort in trying to explain the intricacies involved,
    However I have never met this NTA quango who ever they are standing on a Bus all the way to town and back again, Provided they managed to get on the Bus, Beside the gross over crowding on some of these Buses regardless of safety and welfare of the people trying to get too/from work. Within the last 12 months on four different occasions the poor bus just gave up, Resulting in everybody left sitting on the side of the road.

NTA = National Transport Authority

Follow exhaustive enquiries I am now sure a
    permit has been applied for by a private company

to operate a new Express Bus too/from lusk to city.

This permit was applied for months ago....

lusks own Swords Express luxury and comfort it will

be brilliant.

The Licence has been refused I am led to believe the NTA believe the service provide is more than adequate .

Should be a cash in hand job anyway

• Advertisement

A new service has been launched by Laverty Coaches linking Skerries, Rush and Lusk with the city and UCD.

Full details here - http://www.fingallink.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

For a few weeks, Dublin Bus are trialing running two 33X buses at the 06:35 slot from Skerries. Today was only the second day, but it makes such a difference. It means there are seats for everyone and the buses get into town 10-15 minutes earlier than they had been.
    Lets hope they keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Very important that Dublin bus are made aware of how much better the service is to its customers.

Perhaps a few words from politicians encouraging Dublin bus to keep 2 buses at this time might help.

pigtail33 wrote: »
    For a few weeks, Dublin Bus are trialing running two 33X buses at the 06:35 slot from Skerries. Today was only the second day, but it makes such a difference. It means there are seats for everyone and the buses get into town 10-15 minutes earlier than they had been.
    Lets hope they keep it up!
    what time is tgat in lusk at?

Well if it is 06:35 from Skerries, then I'd expect it in Rush around 06:50 and Lusk around 07:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

micraX wrote: »
    what time is tgat in lusk at?

Yep, it's now in Lusk around 7. Was a different story before they started running the two buses though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The driver mentioned this yesterday. Is it to relieve current demand or some sort of Christmas rush thing (hardly)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RightNow10

Can anyone tell me how long the 33X takes from Lusk (Murrays) to IFSC in the morning and also from Lusk (Murrays) to Stephens Green?

Is the service reliable? Are there many buses in the morning / evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It really depends which time bus you get. It varies so much depending in traffic on the quays! IFSC would be 30-40 minutes, Stephens green would be 40-60. That's just in my experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

pigtail33 wrote: »
    For a few weeks, Dublin Bus are trialing running two 33X buses at the 06:35 slot from Skerries.

While this is a welcome development, what's the logic behind running them at the same time? Surely they could space them by at least 10 min apart or so.

I would expect the first one to get full and the following one only get the overspill?

Kumsheen wrote: »
    While this is a welcome development, what's the logic behind running them at the same time? Surely they could space them by at least 10 min apart or so.

I would expect the first one to get full and the following one only get the overspill?

The Reason for running two simultaneously is in order to continue to block the private operator who attempted start a Lusk Direct express service, The Licence was refused as both the NTA and Dublin Bus believed the service at present provided was adequate.

The Reason for running two simultaneously is in order to continue to block the private operator who attempted start a Lusk Direct express service, The Licence was refused as both the NTA and Dublin Bus believed the service at present provided was adequate.

Laverty Coaches are already licensed to operate a service (Fingal Link) from Skerries to UCD and are doing so.

http://www.fingallink.ie/

Laverty Coaches operate from Skerries Via Lusk, The private operator intended a Lusk dedicated service, with direct service every 30mins in each direction with a journey time of approx 35mins. This was blocked by the NTA on the basis that there was already a adequate service provided by Dublin Bus .

Laverty Coaches operate from Skerries Via Lusk, The private operator intended a Lusk dedicated service, with direct service every 30mins in each direction with a journey time of approx 35mins. This was blocked by the NTA on the basis that there was already a adequate service provided by Dublin Bus .

That sounds like it would be a commercial service operating exactly the same route as a PSO service (Laverty is different as it continues to UCD).

The basic premise is that any private operator has to come up with a different route to any PSO service as otherwise the state could be accused of unfair competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Can anyone tell me if the 33x is running today and tomorrow?

• Advertisement
Advertisement