Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

33x Bus

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Csalem

Ah I'd missed that, that's a pity would have been perfect if it jmhad started from there. Any idea on how hard it is to get on in the mornings?

I am afraid I don't as I live in Balbriggan and get the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ah I'd missed that, that's a pity would have been perfect if it jmhad started from there. Any idea on how hard it is to get on in the mornings?

You’ll get on at Tesco no problem, it usually only fills up around Lusk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Am I right in saying that if you finish work at 6 in town there's no express bus? The last one is at 6?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Am I right in saying that if you finish work at 6 in town there's no express bus? The last one is at 6?

Yep, the last 33x leaves Custom House Quay at 18:00. After that, it's the train, regular 33, or the Fingal Express (only as far as Lusk), leaving Pearse Street at 19:00.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Busy, busy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Absolute pain in the hoop recently . The 33X is mostly standing only and the Fingal Express is full long before it gets to the village of Lusk.

I don't know what all of the new residents of the new Lusk village quarter are going to do to get to work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Of the two that reach the Orylnn Park stop after 7am, sometimes they both stop there, or the rear one goes straight onto Murrays. Depends on the driver. Wonder if those at the Skinny Batch even got on at all.

iirc, there was an article in the free Lusk magazine saying it was one of the most complained about DB services.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

So I've been commuting a few weeks now and have tried all options.

33X is fine, but slower than Fingal Xpress. I got it a few days after 7.30 at Rush Garda Station. Seeemd to usually be seats but it would be full around Lusk with people standing.

Fingal Xpress I've leaned towards, at 7.30 at the same stop. There are usually seats, but this morning there was maybe only 5 seats free and it was completely full by the time it got to Lusk. Lusk has it's own service I guess, dunno how regular it is. But either way those guys were stuck this morning.

I emailed Fingal Xpress and mentioned the fact that 127 houses are curenlty being filled in Rush, meaning more demand for a further evening service, maybe after 6. I got back a very terse 'there are no plans to change our timetable.'

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

iirc, there was an article in the free Lusk magazine saying it was one of the most complained about DB services.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2017_to_2019_Dublin_Bus_Customer_Complaints_Report.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1jBCZEKoWNhYuTZrCsIFApqZALlIBOJolFlHL4fNluatAjKn8kUswF1yA

Second most complained about bus last quarter, and it's up near the top for a good few other quarters too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It’s a slightly misleading statistic as lower frequency routes such as the 33X will always stand out in terms of complaints - people are less likely to complain about a missing bus on higher frequency services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

If you have any of the 33's bar the 33b at least they go past Swords.

Pity the people moving or planning to move into Donabate.

33b Bus service to Swords, yay but that's all.

33X Bus full by Rush/Lusk

Nightlinks, I suppose we should be grateful that the 2.00 from Dublin goes to Portrane.

Trains, standing room only in rush hours and you'll still need to force yourself on by digging with your elbows and standing on feet.

DART expansion, promised years and years ago, still being promised in years and years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

33x dropping one service in the morning and two in the evening from the end of the month

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33x-1/

and the 42D gone completely

jwwb wrote: »
    33x dropping one service in the morning and two in the evening from the end of the month

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33x-1/

and the 42D gone completely

The current timetable that has been in operation since June is just continuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

anyone know what the 33x from Lusk is like in the morning time? I haven't been on the bus in months

I have to return to work this week and was wondering can you reliably get on with the limited numbers on the bus these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Custom House Quay to Rush in the evening on the 33x and also how long the opposite journey takes in the morning?

Not been on it in a few years.

Service Adjustment Monday 30 May 2022

https://www.dublinbus.ie/News-Centre/General-News/Central-Control-1261/

Published on Friday, June 03, 2022

The National Transport Authority and Dublin Bus have undertaken a review of customer loadings on bus services across the Dublin Bus network.

As a result certain trips were identified as having very low demand and a decision was taken to withdraw these services. The withdrawn services were at peak times and demand at these times have significantly declined compared to pre-pandemic levels.

The Authority and Dublin Bus will continue to monitor demand and adjust service levels accordingly.

Service adjustment

H9 service withdrawn

68x service withdrawn

Revised 27x 

Revised 32x 

Revised 33x

Revised 51d 

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Horse Quack

Going to look at a house between Lusk and Donabate nearest stop would be the Newhaggard one just before Blakes Cross.

I have seen lots of discussions here about overcrowding beyond Lusk from a few years back, can anyone share what the current state of the 33x service is like?

Would I have any issues trying to get a seat at around 7:30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

You won't get a seat but you'll get on

• Advertisement

How has it been this summer?

An additional departure will operate in each direction on the 33x from Monday 11 September:

07:15 ex-Skerries

17:00 ex-Custom House Quay

Advertisement