Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc and ssh issue

Options
  • 08-02-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi there, i have a unix server when i've found recently that whenever i connect to my machine from outside i loose connection after certain time of inactivity which actually is less than 3-4 minutes when i am already logged in.i could do something then stop and always cuts me out. naturally i use putty from windows and terminal from mac but it still drops no matter what. however when i connect to the box from my LAN all is fine. stays solid for hours! anyone experienced similar behavior?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

You might be connecting through a NAT firewall which has a very short timeout, so that your session is being dropped after a few minutes.
    If you are using Putty, try using the keepalive option.

See this for example.

Advertisement