Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD Brows

• 08-02-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Has anyone gotten this done? It seems to be very popular but pricsisters fiend told me drogheda and Dundalk are booked out til 17th February! Anyway I have myself booked into brown sugar for
    Monday and it is 30€. Is it really all what it's cracked up to be? Or could I get just a good job done threading ? Plus brown sugar told me it will take 1 hour, whereas threading I am in and out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I've never had "HD" brows done, but I heard that it is shaping your eyebrows with threading/plucking/trimming and a tint if required to make them look the best shape.

This is exactly what I get when I go to Natalie in Boutique for eyebrow threading in Dub2. It is not called "HD" brows but IMO she is the best out there if you want a great eyebrows job.

1 hour sounds very long for just an eyebrows shape - if you end up going do tell what they do for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I had these done to review in Up To My Eyes in Greystones and it really made a big difference, I was sceptical at first and thought it may be a gimmicky thing but it really made a difference to the shape and, importantly, they don't try to give you skinny brows, they actually tell you where to need to grow them in to achieve the desired look.

The made up look with the eyebrow make up when you get it done is quite strong and wouldn't be to everyone's taste but once you wash that off you're left with a lovely tint and shape, made a big difference to me and I'm going to head out in a few weeks when I've grown them in a little more to get them done again.:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I noticed a lot of girls going around with these done today in the Blanch Centre.. Am thinking of having them done too..

I think they're very Kim Kardashian.. They really shape your face..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Got the hd brows done today took 50 mins! First they drew a shape on your brows, then waxed, tinted, threaded, trimmed and filled in with pencil. The girl literally did them hair by hair, My eyebrows look about 3 times thicker than I went in and have great shape! Absolutely delighted with the results! I should of taken before and after pics! I am converted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Would this be useful if you already had fairly think eyebrows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

I have them done regularly for almost a year now. Started having them done to grow the brows back and have them"megan-fox-shape-like" :D. It's e25 for mine and I love the effect. If you already have thick eyebrows, the process will make them oh-so-glamorous looking. worth every penny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Presumably once you have a shower a lot of the effect is gone as they use eyebrow pencil with this?

hd brow is not about putting the pencil on your brows. It's about threading, waxing and tinting, and eventually overtime have your brows naturally bushy:) well groomed,shaped and Kardashian-like.

Every time I leave the salon I need the very minimum of make up to make my brows pop out. Overtime, the more they need to be groomed, the more I have to spend in front of the mirror drawing them in.

But initial idea after the treatment is to have natural eye brows.

Pythia wrote: »
    Presumably once you have a shower a lot of the effect is gone as they use eyebrow pencil with this?

No the effect won't be gone she only filled in a tiny bit! She tinted them aswell. She told me they should last 4-6 weeks!

Would this be useful if you already had fairly think eyebrows?

I reckon the thicker they are the better as you would get an amazing shape on them as they have more to work with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Millem wrote: »
    No the effect won't be gone she only filled in a tiny bit! She tinted them aswell. She told me they should last 4-6 weeks!

Can you please take a pic of them and find any old pic as a before shot?? :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

PlayGirl wrote: »

+1 for this....pleeeease :)

PlayGirl wrote: »

+1 for this....pleeeease :)

No prob will do tomorow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

If they're quite thin they'll show you where you need to concentrate on growing them, the owner at Up to My Eyes often recommends a course of HD Brow treatments to grow and shape the brows until you get the desired shape:)

Here's the before and after pics from my review, not the best pics but you get an idea

before.jpg

after-1.jpg

ok here are my before and afters, the before was actually after getting by brows threaded and tinted elsewhere (it is taken off a photo, was only pic i could find!) In reality I went in with untidy brows! The after is taken on my iphone last night after i had taken off my make up but you will get the idea.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They look awesome, very defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Also loving my HD brows! As the previous posters have said if you want results you HAVE to grow them before you go, to give the beauticians something to work with and so they can see your natural brow shape.

An angle brush and some brown eyeshadow can work wonders with brows during the inbetween process. I recently bought M.A.C. Spiked, It's great.

For the first time ever I actually get complimented on my eyebrows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hmmm I wonder is it worth me getting this done. I've wanted to get my eyebrows sorted out for ages. They're naturally thin enough and very fair, and also quite straight so I really have to manipulate an arch into them with plucking and filling in! I like dark eyebrows so always have brown eyeshadow on them and always try and make them look slightly thicker than they really are. I haven't got them shaped professionally in about 5 years :o They're very low maintenance in fairness, I just have to pluck a few strays every week but I'd really like to get them properly done.

happypants wrote: »
    Also loving my HD brows! As the previous posters have said if you want results you HAVE to grow them before you go, to give the beauticians something to work with and so they can see your natural brow shape.

An angle brush and some brown eyeshadow can work wonders with brows during the inbetween process. I recently bought M.A.C. Spiked, It's great.

For the first time ever I actually get complimented on my eyebrows :)

I wouldn't necessarily agree, it is very very useful and helpful to have them grown and natural, however I had mine slightly over-plucked and, although it took roughly ten months and some 8 to 10 visits, the difference is huge. I am still planning to keep on attending as she does such a good job.

I'd say it's going to take more time to see the effect on over-plucked ones, but you will love it :)

Hmmm I wonder is it worth me getting this done. I've wanted to get my eyebrows sorted out for ages. They're naturally thin enough and very fair, and also quite straight so I really have to manipulate an arch into them with plucking and filling in! I like dark eyebrows so always have brown eyeshadow on them and always try and make them look slightly thicker than they really are. I haven't got them shaped professionally in about 5 years :o They're very low maintenance in fairness, I just have to pluck a few strays every week but I'd really like to get them properly done.

You won't be disappointed with HD brows! Granted if your eyebrows were thicker you would probably get better results but even with thinner eyebrows they would still be amazing! My eyebrows were thin before I got them done and I honestly think they look way way thicker! I am definately converted to HD brows! I would shop around tho I only paid €30 but some places are charging €50 which I would not pay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

thinking of getting this done as I have very fair eyebrows due to being ginger, can anyone recommend anywhere in Dublin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TracyCa

I have them done regularly for almost a year now. Started having them done to grow the brows back and have them"megan-fox-shape-like" :D. It's e25 for mine and I love the effect. If you already have thick eyebrows, the process will make them oh-so-glamorous looking. worth every penny :)

Hiya,
    Where do you get yours done?? €25 is very reasonable!:)

thinking of getting this done as I have very fair eyebrows due to being ginger, can anyone recommend anywhere in Dublin please?

I got mine down in by Shauna in
    Brown Sugar for 30€ and was very happy with the service! There are different coloured tints they can use so they won't be too dark :)

TracyCa wrote: »

Hiya,

I know there is a place in clondalkin called Beautiholic Salon and threading bar that is charging €25 until the end of march. I have no experience with them but I saw there offer when I was first looking into HD brows!

TracyCa wrote: »
    Hiya,

Carlow Harmony Beauty Salon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Getting them and MYscara or whatever its called when I get paid. Cant wait, I need a new foundation and powder aswell, the day cant come fast enough! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Beauty therapists always tell me an eyebrow tint will last 4 weeks,but in reality i find i get under a week with an eyebrow tint.After 5 days I have to get the tweezers uot as well. My eyebrows grow so quickly,there is no wau I get 4-6 weeks from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

Has anybody had their HD brows done in The Brow Boutique in Jervis Centre? Really interested in getting this done but scared that my eyebrows will look really black and drawn in afterwards. I also think my two eyebrows have different shapes whether it's from over plucking or just naturally so would be hoping the HD brows would fix this as well.

panda100 wrote: »
    Beauty therapists always tell me an eyebrow tint will last 4 weeks,but in reality i find i get under a week with an eyebrow tint.After 5 days I have to get the tweezers uot as well. My eyebrows grow so quickly,there is no wau I get 4-6 weeks from it

I am always told a tint lasts 10 days as we wash our face so much! But the HD Brow tint is meant to be a very strong tint as it dyes the baby hairs that's how the brows look thicker! I usually get a 4-6 weeks on the shape of my brows and never pluck them! Time will tell on how long the HD brows will last but I think the immediate results speak for themselves!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Any recommendations for Dublin city centre?

Misticles wrote: »

The girl who did mine in brown sugar Blackrock (Shauna) also works in brown sugar in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tina235

I havent had the HD Brows done, but have had the ILAH Brows and WOW!! LOVE IT:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tatyana

Are HD brows the same as 3D Browz? If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be interested to know! I got the latter done yesterday and I am so pleased. I never realised how bad my eyebrows were until I saw the finished result. They had no shape whatsoever and they were quite sparse. Now they look lush and healthy. The procedure the beautician followed for 3D Browz sounds similar to that of HD Brows. She began by marking the beginning, middle and end points of where my eyebrows should be, she then drew a template and tinted within it. She removed most of the tint but left a residue of dye behind. After that she waxed to get a shape.On first glance they looked very dark, almost dirty due to the residue of dye still lying amongst the hairs but I could immediately see the shape. The beautician said the dye stimulates the baby hairs to grow and over time if I continue to get the treatment done I will have thick shapely brows. That night after I washed my face I couldn't believe the shape and fullness of them. I never knew I had so many eyebrow hairs after all! I am delighted with them after one session, I can't wait to see what they are like after a few more treatments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Misticles wrote: »

I got mine done three times in Brown Sugar in the city centre. They looked fab. I think the name of the girl is Shauna, but am not 100%. There is two that do it there, and both are very good imo.

I moved down to Limerick a montha ago, and got mine done in a beauty salon down here last week, and now they look crap again :( They are two thin little lines, like two skinny floating tadpoles on my face. Am going to head back up to brown sugar and get them sorted when they grow out.

Tatyana, I can't see how an eyebrow dye would stimulate eyebrow growth? She probably just dyed your skin in areas where your eyebrow hair is sparse, so it looks like you have more hair there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Im really curious about this treatment now! I've gotten my brows threaded and loved the shape however my brows were always naturally thin and i prefer now to just pluck them myself to ensure they are not overdone (a few times I've asked for just a tidy up and been left looking shocked!) and i fill in with eyeshadow. Would this be worth trying for very thin sparse eyebrows? I guess what im asking is if this will actually make them look thicker or is it the same as just getting a tint and filling in with a pencil which i do myself at home anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tatyana

Panda100, the beautician said that the ingredients in the dye conditioned and stimulated follicles, particularly the finer baby hairs....I guess time will tell!

Tasden, I was very sceptical and thought how could anyone possibly work with my skinny brows, but as the beautician explained even though I am dark haired I had quite alot of fine, fair hairs through my eyebrows. The dye coloured even these small hairs and so they appeared instantly fuller. I was shown at the end of the treatment the sparse areas that I need to grow in a bit more. The beautician filled these areas in with brow powder for effect but warned me NO plucking at them myself in between times, rather keep up to a few of these treatments to achieve the desired fullness and shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 teacher3003

Has anyone used the hd brow grow baby grow? And does it work? Should I try it for a few weeks before I get the hd brows done?

Just to update the thread. I am over HD brows. I have discovered DYELASH. €10 in boots, you get loads and loads of goes. I bought the tint in black. And did my lashes and brows. In the pic below I actually have the dye on my eyelashes and haven't touched my brows for 4 weeks! I will still pay to get them waxed or threaded but found an amazing girl who only costs €5! Needless to say I won't be wasting €30 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Just to update the thread. I am over HD brows. I have discovered DYELASH. €10 in boots, you get loads and loads of goes. I bought the tint in black. And did my lashes and brows. In the pic below I actually have the dye on my eyelashes and haven't touched my brows for 4 weeks! I will still pay to get them waxed or threaded but found an amazing girl who only costs €5! Needless to say I won't be wasting €30 again.

That looks fab! Where on earth do you get threading done for a fiver?

murphf wrote: »
    That looks fab! Where on earth do you get threading done for a fiver?

There is girl in mornington co Meath who is brill she runs the beauty salon in a hairdressers there but is on maternity leave at the mo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

I've been to The Farrelly sisters (The Brow Artist) three times now to have my brows done. Even though they don't technically do HD Brows, they do all the steps bar the waxing. They are extremely anti-waxing for brows!

Although I haven't been in over a year, this is my before and after, just after having them done;

eh3l.jpg
    IMG1363912211048.jpg.html

And this is the shape I have these days;

kcwb.png

Really happy with them... Although I will say the tint doesn't last very well on me, a week MAX. I fill mine in every day though (I filled mine in in the second pic - MAC's Charcoal Brown)

brownsmokeyeye.png.html?sort=3&o=0
    brownsmokeyeye.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Advertisement