Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed merging of Kilkenny City and County forums

Options
  • 08-02-2012 8:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

An idea that has been floated around is the proposed merging of the Kilkenny City and the Kilkenny County forums. My own personal view is that we don't need the two. Other than one or two posters who post in the county forum every day there's not a lot happening in there. I also believe that the city forum, whilst not inactive, could benefit from an increase in activity and posters from an increased audience. Some people have also posted the same question in both forums to try get the knowledge that they want. My own proposed name for the forum would be simply "Kilkenny".

Sully and myself have contacted the category mods and we are in agreement that this should be taken for consideration and that we would like to know what you guys think.

I have attached a poll and we will leave it open until Sunday 19th of February. We would also welcome feedback from you.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Are you in favor of merging the Kilkenny City and Kilkenny County threads? 49 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    95% 47 votes
    World's End
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The "World's End" poll option was very tempting, but I was able to restrain myself in the interest of getting a good count. Plus, I was out of rum.

Seems like a good idea to merge. We have already done this for another City-County and it helped both forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Why not, it makes sense, and in any case where is the demarkation between the two, especially from the Callan side.
    It also takes arguement's, suggestions to a wider audience.
    Seeing you are a wise old owl, perhaps not old but oldish I would not disagree with you.
    Kind regards Foxy:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Worlds end ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yes. I was actually thinking of this a while back and was going to suggest it on here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think merging is good idea, HOWEVER, the name should be Kilkenny City & County....not Kilkenny. Otherwise we'll never hear the end of it from some Waterford people that appear to have nothing better to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea why not, and I agree dont just call it Kilkenny ;) Kilkenny City and County is beautiful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

No problem with the merging but please call is Kilkenny City & County. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Go with the merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Merge away, but it has to be called Kilkenny City & County.

ft9 wrote: »
    Merge away, but it has to be called Kilkenny City & County.
    Call it the worlds end, would be a great name:p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

How about a ban on the whole "Worlds End" and "Dunnes" thing while we're at it, beyond played out at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thanks for voting on this, as most of you are in favor of the merge it makes it a lot easier for us to get them upstairs to merge them. Is the wanting to call it Kilkenny City and County a strong thing or does anyone really care about that?
    14884116.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

14883308.jpg

14883694.jpg

14883800.jpg

14883946.jpg

Very uncomfortable undertones in this post.
    Do you consider your post appropriate given your position as moderator?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Thanks for voting on this, as most of you are in favor of the merge it makes it a lot easier for us to get them upstairs to merge them. Is the wanting to call it Kilkenny City and County a strong thing or does anyone really care about that?

Yes we do care. It must be called Kilkenny City and County.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

t63m wrote: »

I do, if that's any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

On Topic, I think calling it City and County is a very important point for a lot of people, if the poll suggested just having a forum called Kilkenny, some might change their vote.

Off topic on the Worlds End thing, I actually got a bit bored of people trying to persuade naive out of towners :eek: to sample its delights. Now though, I think its gone past that and is just a harmless quirk of the Kilkenny City and County Forum.

Besides I saw something quite moving there before Christmas. Frost and ice on the road, in the doorway of the Worlds End lay, asleep, 2 T-shirted men surrounded by their own vomit. A truly touching reminder of our beautiful humanity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

46 "yes" and only 2 "no." Grand support for merger of City and County. I respect and agree with what several posters have been saying about the name for the newly merged forum; i.e., that it should include both City and County in its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

If ye change it to Kilkenny city and county, that will be abbreviated to KCC and people will think they sell chicken.

Today Mr Magnolia and I have requested that the forums be merged and the new forum be called: "Kilkenny City&County."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    If ye change it to Kilkenny city and county, that will be abbreviated to KCC and people will think they sell chicken.

Isn't that KFC you're thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Black Swan wrote: »
    Today Mr Magnolia and I have requested that the forums be merged and the new forum be called: "Kilkenny City&County."
    Sponsored by Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

I agree with the City & County thing, prob a bit late though!

Mr Magnolia and I have proposed the merger to the Administration. Please be patient, as we are all volunteers, and the merger, if approved, will take a bit of time to properly sort out.

t63m wrote: »
    Very uncomfortable undertones in this post.

Banned for visiting me at work and threatening to show my employers posts that I made in the past but fair play for going through 6,000 posts, you're determined, I'll give you that . Anybody who makes reference to t63m in this forum will be dealt with accordingly. If anyone has any issues with a mod decision they should take it up in the Dispute Resolution Forum and not approach him in real-life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hey guy's what is that all about, who is banned and why?
    Is there some reason that is not apparent or am I just a little niave?
    I have been very happy and was under the impression was everyone else, be honest no one want's to do things under duress especially when it is for free.
    Please elucidate for me and please do nothing to upset the equilibrium, I thought you done a really brill job. Regards Foxy:eek::eek:

Banned for visiting me at work and threatening to show my employers posts that I made in the past but fair play for going through 6,000 posts, you're determined, I'll give you that . Anybody who makes reference to t63m in this forum will be dealt with accordingly. If anyone has any issues with a mod decision they should take it up in the Dispute Resolution Forum and not approach him in real-life.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Havoc, either you change your username to Orwell or you start spinning some sense, boy.

I implore you, reveal all!

If you don't reveal all I will reveal all about that time you revealed all in TWE.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Havoc, either you change your username to Orwell or you start spinning some sense, boy.

I implore you, reveal all!

If you don't reveal all I will reveal all about that time you revealed all in TWE.

It's not up for discussion, you'll just have to tell them about the world's end incident, I don't bend to threats.

Just to keep ye up to date, I've been told that it's gotten the green light but them upstairs have a bit of work to do in order to make it happen. I don't know how long this is going to take.

• Advertisement

Just to keep ye up to date, I've been told that it's gotten the green light but them upstairs have a bit of work to do in order to make it happen. I don't know how long this is going to take.
    The Captain is correct. We were informed by Admin that the merger had been approved, but boards has been buried in site programme development, etc. It's on their list of things to do. Thanks for your patience.

Advertisement