Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keratherapy

• 08-02-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    It is time for the 12 week blowdry again! I have had the keratin complex one once and the global one twice, I was thrilled with the results. Anyway I think both have been taken off the market and I have noticed some hairdressers offering keratherapy, It seems to be a cheaper product then the other two, has anyone had any experience with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Panda Lover

Millem wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    It is time for the 12 week blowdry again! I have had the keratin complex one once and the global one twice, I was thrilled with the results. Anyway I think both have been taken off the market and I have noticed some hairdressers offering keratherapy, It seems to be a cheaper product then the other two, has anyone had any experience with it?
    Hey - got this done a few days ago. Just about to give my hair a washing now so ill report back how it goes :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hey - got this done a few days ago. Just about to give my hair a washing now so ill report back how it goes :-)

Can't wait:) Was in Toni and Guy this week and told them I wanted to get it done and they said they had heard bad reports back from clients saying their hair is now weak and snapping and advised me not to get it done! However they don't do any 12 week blow dry anymore so maybe they are just being a bit weird! I tried to tell them its good for your hair and it is a conditioning treatment but they wouldn't listen and said that to seal it you need so much heat etc! Now I am in too minds as I have highlighted hair so obviously it is not in best condition!

Okey doke, here goes. First a little bit of my "hair history". It had been in very bad condition for a long long time due to dying it a plethora of colours, it having turning green and having it stripped twice.. I'm also a serial GHD'er. I've had a couple of fractures around my left shoulder area and my hair is thick so I haven't got the strength in my left arm to be able to blow dry it straight...

I've never had anything like this done before so I've nothing to compare it to. However I must say I'm fairly impressed. Now my hair is wavy and without the treatment its frizz, frizz, frizzy. I've just blow dried it by running my hair dryer over it this morning (no brushes) and its still got a definite wave to it but absolutely no frizz. I'm happy enough with it to be honest. I wasn't expecting it to be perfectly straight. Without the frizz it's definitely wearable with the slight wave to it. My aim in getting this done was to cut down on using the GHD so I could grow my hair some. I think now I'll be able to wear my hair as is unless I'm going out which I'll continue to run the GHD over it.

I don't buy all that business about having to use so much heat to seal it. I mean the straightener they seal it with is 200degrees. I have a feeling my GHD goes to 210, I use this twice a week. Now I know my GHD is bad for my hair but I still use it.. This treatment will probably make me use it even less.
    Hopefully the shampoo and conditioner will last quite a while as they're 20 quid a pop each!

Hope that helps

Okey doke, here goes. First a little bit of my "hair history". It had been in very bad condition for a long long time due to dying it a plethora of colours, it having turning green and having it stripped twice.. I'm also a serial GHD'er. I've had a couple of fractures around my left shoulder area and my hair is thick so I haven't got the strength in my left arm to be able to blow dry it straight...

I've never had anything like this done before so I've nothing to compare it to. However I must say I'm fairly impressed. Now my hair is wavy and without the treatment its frizz, frizz, frizzy. I've just blow dried it by running my hair dryer over it this morning (no brushes) and its still got a definite wave to it but absolutely no frizz. I'm happy enough with it to be honest. I wasn't expecting it to be perfectly straight. Without the frizz it's definitely wearable with the slight wave to it. My aim in getting this done was to cut down on using the GHD so I could grow my hair some. I think now I'll be able to wear my hair as is unless I'm going out which I'll continue to run the GHD over it.

I don't buy all that business about having to use so much heat to seal it. I mean the straightener they seal it with is 200degrees. I have a feeling my GHD goes to 210, I use this twice a week. Now I know my GHD is bad for my hair but I still use it.. This treatment will probably make me use it even less.
    Hopefully the shampoo and conditioner will last quite a while as they're 20 quid a pop each!

Hope that helps

That sounds good panda lover, but did they not straighten each piece of hair 6 or 7 times when it was being sealed? Where did u get it done? Are you using keratherapy products or just sulfate and sodium free?

Hope that helps

That sounds good panda lover, but did they not straighten each piece of hair 6 or 7 times when it was being sealed? Where did u get it done? Are you using keratherapy products or just sulfate and sodium free?

Yup they did straighten each piece but told me beforehand it might not be perfectly straight. I guess it depends what youre looking for from it. I mean Im.happy enough having banished the frizz and giving the ghd a miss every so.often. Im using the shampoo and conditioner they gave me in.the salon. I got it done in.the art team in Dublin city centre.

• Advertisement

Hope that helps

Yup they did straighten each piece but told me beforehand it might not be perfectly straight. I guess it depends what youre looking for from it. I mean Im.happy enough having banished the frizz and giving the ghd a miss every so.often. Im using the shampoo and conditioner they gave me in.the salon. I got it done in.the art team in Dublin city centre.

Panda lover was it keratherapy or QOD?

Advertisement