Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capello has resigned.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Top 3 Creators for England under Fabio Capello - Rooney 8, Gerrard 7, Glen Johnson 6

SlickRic wrote: »
    what xenophobia in England?

what racism?

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Barry Fry never managed a club bigger than Birmingham, so lets not take him too seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

SlickRic wrote: »
    what xenophobia in England?

what racism?

***barry fry rant***

Someone should explain to Barry Fry that missing your sons wedding for a friendly is the definition of commitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Barry Fry never managed a club bigger than Birmingham, so lets not take him too seriously.

Woah! Easy! He managed my beloved Southend United who are by far the greatest team the World has ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

amiable wrote: »
    I can't see the FA going for O'Neill again but you never know.

a mick as manager of england :eek: no way old boy

fryup wrote: »

Apparently they discussed it at the time McClaren got the job

fryup wrote: »

According to some guy on off the ball, he was interviewed before and couldn't pick out a "power play" on some football tactic computer program so he was ruled out.
    I know

Paparazzo wrote: »
    According to some guy on off the ball, he was interviewed before and couldn't pick out a "power play" on some football tactic computer program so he was ruled out.
    I know

Which guy on Off the Ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I know

This is really intriguing, anybody know anything about it? I would love to see what the FA program says are good and bad tactics. I bet it's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

'arry has to take the position or else the English media will make it out that he turned his back on England. I saw the Barry Fry on SSN; priceless, and he claimed that all the Boro and Sunderland could not play proper football for 40 minutes because they were thinking about Capello leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

'arry has to take the position or else the English media will make it out that he turned his back on England. I saw the Barry Fry on SSN; priceless, and he claimed that all the Boro and Sunderland could not play proper football for 40 minutes because they were thinking about Capello leaving.

The guy is a moron but you have misread that one I think. He was probably referring to himself not being able to concentrate on the match because of the big news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I think all footballers should be banned from using twitter.The comments from certain players last night after the news broke about capello resigning were disgraceful.The man wasnt even gone 5 mins and to hear rooney saying he was a great manager and will be missed but now its time for harry Redknapp to takeover in the hotseat.Usual english arrogance and ignorance,only thinking of themselves!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sergio wrote: »
    I think all footballers should be banned from using twitter.The comments from certain players last night after the news broke about capello resigning were disgraceful.The man wasnt even gone 5 mins and to hear rooney saying he was a great manager and will be missed but now its time for harry Redknapp to takeover in the hotseat.Usual english arrogance and ignorance,only thinking of themselves!!!!!
    Nice generalisation there.

You realise Capello resigned? He didn't fúcking die!! I don't see anything wrong with players expressing an opinion, even on twitter, so long as they're not acting like a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Has there been any backlash to Frys comments

Nice generalisation there.

You realise Capello resigned? He didn't fúcking die!! I don't see anything wrong with players expressing an opinion, even on twitter, so long as they're not acting like a tool.

Bottom line he was the manager and should of been consulted on this very important issue of taking the captaincy from JT.plain and simple.
    A lot of these players need to keep their mouths shut and concentrate on playing football especially the likes of rooney who is the perfect role model :rolleyes:

I just dont agree about how quick there were to say get harry redknapp in as manager when capello was only after leaving.

Bottom line he was the manager and should of been consulted on this very important issue of taking the captaincy from JT.plain and simple.

And?
    A lot of these players need to keep their mouths shut and concentrate on playing football especially the likes of rooney who is the perfect role model :rolleyes:

Why?
    I just dont agree about how quick there were to say get harry redknapp in as manager when capello was only after leaving.

What's the official time a player should wait before expressing an opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

And?

Why?

I don't think players should express an opinion EVER.

It's the likes of twitter and newspaper interviews that are leading to players becoming so influential with their opinions that they're having a direct effect on managers' jobs and therefore the club overall.

That shouldn't happen. I can't understand why managers don't ban players from using social networking sites. I reckon a time will come soon whereby it will be included in players' contracts.

And?

Why?

:rolleyes:

kraggy wrote: »
    I don't think players should express an opinion EVER.

It's the likes of twitter and newspaper interviews that are leading to players becoming so influential with their opinions that they're having a direct effect on managers' jobs and therefore the club overall.

That shouldn't happen. I can't understand why managers don't ban players from using social networking sites. I reckon a time will come soon whereby it will be included in players' contracts.

couldnt agree more great point.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    *slow clap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

*slow clap*

He happens to be spot on here though. Rooney's tweet was extremely unprofessional to say the least.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He happens to be spot on here though. Rooney's tweet was extremely unprofessional to say the least.
    Because?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Because?

Because if Rednapp doesn't get or take the job, the new manager is undermined from the outset because people know he wasn't some of the players' first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Because?

Hypothetical scenario:

Your employer enters into an intent to purchase agreement with another (unknown) entity. You go onto social media sites or boards and post in your capacity as an employee of the company that you hope the new owner of the company is X. Professional or unprofessional behaviour?

amiable wrote: »
    Which guy on Off the Ball?
    Pro. F wrote: »
    This is really intriguing, anybody know anything about it? I would love to see what the FA program says are good and bad tactics. I bet it's hilarious.

Steve Claridge said it, was about 40 minutes into the second hour. Only interesting he said mind you.
    He said Brian Barwick did the interview (chief executive of the fa at the time), and dismissed Martin O'Neill because he couldn't make a power play on a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Steve Claridge said it, was about 40 minutes into the second hour. Only interesting he said mind you.
    He said Brian Barwick did the interview (chief executive of the fa at the time), and dismissed Martin O'Neill because he couldn't make a power play on a computer.

If this is true, it explains a lot.

It often amazes me that this is the type of clown that makes it to the top of an organisation that controls football in a country. When have they ever actually played the game? The priority should be to fill organisations like this with ex players, ex coaches, and ex managers so that they have some clue about what to do.

Someone should ask him if that computer was put in charge of Sunderland, would it have them on the run they're currently on?

If this is true, it explains a lot.

It often amazes me that this is the type of clown that makes it to the top of an organisation that controls football in a country. When have they ever actually played the game? The priority should be to fill organisations like this with ex players, ex coaches, and ex managers so that they have some clue about what to do.

Someone should ask him if that computer was put in charge of Sunderland, would it have them on the run they're currently on?

These are the type of clowns that make footballing decisions like strip Terry of his captaincy without conferring with the manager. And give managers contract extensions before major tournaments.

*slow clap*

Oh sorry i didnt realise you had a very limited choice of words in your vocabulary like 'why' 'because' and 'slow clap' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The German 'Sport Bild' newspaper announced, that Juergen Klinsmann will take over from Harry Redknapp, who in the summer will take over from Capello :rolleyes:

Advertisement