Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB options

Options
  • 08-02-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

hi i just got offered to change over to esbs new price plan of 14% off on elec and 6% off on gas. im currently with airtricity, dont hav any deals with em, but the bills arent high. i do like the way u can submit readings online, cant do that with esb i dont think. i used to be an esb customer then switched with the good deal i got off airtricty. so should i switch back or stay, is it even worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Go with whoever is offering you the better price at the end of the day. Theres no loyalty when it comes to utility bills; its the same service regardless so go with whichever one benefits your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

hadepsx wrote: »
    hi i just got offered to change over to esbs new price plan of 14% off on elec and 6% off on gas. im currently with airtricity, dont hav any deals with em, but the bills arent high. i do like the way u can submit readings online, cant do that with esb i dont think. i used to be an esb customer then switched with the good deal i got off airtricty. so should i switch back or stay, is it even worth it.

You can submit meter readings to ESB online when your logged into your account. You can even submit a reading via an Android app. I would assume theres also an app for iphone,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

thats great thanks guys, prob will change over, do you know whats the esb customer care like, airtricities isnt the best

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

ESB customer care is absolutely fantastic; easily the best Ive dealt with in a long time. Its actually one of the main reasons I stick with them; having dealt with companies like UPC with disgraceful customer care I actually consider it a major plus point if a company has nice helpful people at the end of the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I had to deal with their customer service a fair bit last oct/nov due to moving house, and they were absolutely faultless. I just wish other companies in Ireland, particularly in the communications sector, would follow Electric Irelands lead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement