Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

heard its breaking news now on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

looks like he`s gone alright. sky sports have it now

yep. "harry redknapp to leave tottenham'

Sounds like it was mutual consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Harry gone, the beginning of a new era. COYS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Unless Levy has a big name lined up already, this is going to be a disaster of a summer.

Moyes installed as bookies odds on fav

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Unless Levy has a big name lined up already, this is going to be a disaster of a summer.

He has something lined up Im sure of it.

I'd say he has had someone lined up since Capello resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kiith wrote: »

This is key. If Harry goes, the new guy has to have terms agreed already as too many bad things could happen if this hasn't been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

"This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."
    Good old 'Arry!

... i still think the English FA are as much to blame. I wish harry had of taken some respondsability for it and just knuckled down.

Statistically we will make the wrong decision on the next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

... i still think the English FA are as much to blame. I wish harry had of taken some respondsability for it and just knuckled down.

Statistically we will make the wrong decision on the next manager.[/QUOTE]

Haha how true!

• Advertisement

Klinsmann 10/1

Un-named sky sports source says 2-3 players are gutted.

At the end of the day he is our most succrssful manager in 15 years not to mention the style of football we played recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Some unnamed players at Spurs are gutted. Moyes is the favourite, wouldn't like him personally.

I could be a mile off here but i wonder if chelsea's deision to appoint Di Matteo is related. Maybe another manager was waiting for the chelsea job, didnt get it and now has agreed to spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

If Moyes is the replacement, its a shiiiite bit of business. 4th, 5th, 4th and then then give the manager the chop, fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

In fairness, count yourselves lucky that he has gone....look what he has done (financially) to the last 3 clubs he managed. Can't see what he has done to warrant his current reputation other than the fact that journos love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Get in there , delighted he's gone. Start of a new era for us.

Harry burned his bridges with his England bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

flyswatter wrote: »
    Some unnamed players at Spurs are gutted. Moyes is the favourite, wouldn't like him personally.

Moyes is a step back.

Wouldnt worry much about players for every 2/3 that are unhappy 2/3 more will be delighted.

BERBA wrote: »
    Get in there , delighted he's gone. Start of a new era for us.

Harry burned his bridges with his England bull****.

And possibly a less successful one.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Moyes is a step back.

Wouldnt worry much about players for every 2/3 that are unhappy 2/3 more will be delighted.

Agree on Moyes, not convinced, but there is always someone suspended in the betting straight away. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Martinez.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Moyes is a step back.

So if two thirds are unhappy and two thirds are delighted, does that mean one third are both unhappy and delighted? :confused:

• Advertisement

So if two thirds are unhappy and two thirds are delighted, does that mean one third are both unhappy and delighted? :confused:

:rolleyes: read it again mate and try understand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Apparently he gave in a hand written letter of resignation last Wednesday but it took the board a week to work out what the fcuk it said.......

I'm here all week :-)

I don't think he was talking about fractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Look at the collapse after the England rumours, it cost us CL football next season, Happy that they took decisive action.
    Moyes is a great manager, he has worked wonders on a very limited budget at Everton.
    Players will be happy once they get paid and are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

I think a deal was done with someone back when Cappello walked and Levy thought Harry was a sure thing to replace him.

I have mixed feelings about him leaving... No doubt he has done very well with us but not sure if he can bring us to the next step.

As for replacements....

Moyes would be a good appointment in my opinion. I think he would bring the club on not back as some of you are suggesting!

Martinez!.... Please god no!

Benitez... Hmmm

Whoever it is I hope it's done quickly and not the usual sagas that surround all Tottenham business!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: read it again mate and try understand it
    I was kidding, perhaps i should have used one of these :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The next step is going to be very tough for a club of Spurs' resources unless you get a sugar daddy or ffp comes in and other clubs are no longer allowed to use theirs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Let me just say thanks to Redknapp. Doesn't matter if you like him or not, as he has done a fantastic job for us. From the low's of where we were when Ramos left, to the utter heights of the Champions League, we've had a few great seasons with him. We are also one of the most enjoyable football clubs to watch, and long may it continue.

So...thanks to Harry, and i hope things go well wherever he goes next.

I have to say i'd be delighted with Moyes. He's a great manager, who has done with with limited resources at Everton. Doesn't take any ****, and seems to get the most out of his players.

• Advertisement

Compensation already agreed earlier with everton for Moyes ..... if my sources are correct.

Advertisement