Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MetEireann 'RAW' definition

Options
  • 08-02-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

MetEireann seem more interested in fashion than REAL weather conditions. In the US, they have clear definitions such as 'wind chill' or 'humidity'.
    Looking at tonights RTE weather, Evelyn Cusack gave a forecast for Leinster of 4c 'BUT WILL FEEL RAW' !!!! FFS,:mad: I can go onto Wunderground and see '4c, feels like 0c' (as in wind chill / humidity in the air ). In the summer time it can say '18c, feels like 13c' (if theres a NW wind) or 'feels like 25c' (if theres high humidity / Southerly breeze ).
    Maybe in 10years time MetEireann will learn how to give accurate forecasts ?:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Maybe Evelyn was told to promote the RTE series "RAW" :D

I thought Evelyn looked a bit "off" this evening. She made a few mistakes and seemed to lose her way a bit during the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Geez lads/gals, would yea ever get a grip! Local Irish terminology/slang/sayings are as such - raw, bitter, biting etc... these are our own vocabulary - what do yea want? UK/US style forecasts? Why diss everything Irish? Eveyln delivered another fine and factual forecast - her quality and style of presentation is very easy to understand and I would personally rate her as one of the best forecasters that Irish people can view on TV, and count that across all TV stations, BBC, UTV, TV3, SKY, CNN etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

When does Raw become very Raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Capri wrote: »
    In the summer time it can say '18c, feels like 13c' (if theres a NW wind) or 'feels like 25c' (if theres high humidity / Southerly breeze :P

Ah yeah, but does it state what type of 13c it would feel like? like, would it feel like 13c in high humidity, low wind conditions, or would it feel like a 13c on windy, low humidity type of day. I ask therefore, what does 13c feel like.. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im locking this one , stuff like this can go in the general chat thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement