Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower problem

Options
  • 08-02-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.
    Having a problem with my shower.
    It goes from roasting to freezing and i took the cover off and it looks like theres scorch marks?

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi lads.
    Having a problem with my shower.
    It goes from roasting to freezing and i took the cover off and it looks like theres scorch marks?

Any ideas

Try removing the shower head and cleaning it out. When they block it can cause this to happen as the water pressure is affected.

The blackness on the inside of the shower cover it just residue given off by the carbon motor brushes as they wear down. This is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes agree with sparcocars on both counts there.

The water getting too hot can only really be caused by one thing, not enough water flow. I assume its getting too hot to stand in, before it goes cold?

You will clearly hear the overheat stat clicking just before it starts to get cold if this is the cause, and again before it starts heating.

If you then leave it running, it will start heating again after a few minutes?

On a seperate note, this clicking is often heard shortly after the shower is turned off, as the elements are still very hot, and over heat the now stopped water in the element tank, and cause the overheat stat to trip. If people switch the shower to cold for 20 seconds before stopping it, i think it helps extend shower life, and reduces limescale build up.

Cleaning the shower head is the first thing to try. Also checking the filter for debris.

Does it have a good flow with the shower head removed, or is it poor?

It can also be caused by limescale build up in the showers internal heating tank, which both restricts the water flow, and insulates the elements from the cooling effect of the water, and so they overheat and cutout, and back in, in cycles as mentioned at the start of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Cheers lads the head generally seems ok with no blockage pressure seems ok on both counts with or without the head.
    Is the filter the white screw thing on the bottom left were u need a pliers for?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Cheers lads the head generally seems ok with no blockage pressure seems ok on both counts with or without the head.
    Is the filter the white screw thing on the bottom left were u need a pliers for?

Yes that is the filter. Take it out and check for limescale build up in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

With the temperature dial fully up at the cold end, is the shower still getting to hot to use, before it goes cold? Or is it just cutting in and out but does not get too hot?

There is a fair difference in causes for the above. Once it is getting too hot, then its a reduced water flow problem, due to filter, shower head, limescale in shower heating tank, water supply problem from attic tank etc.

If just cutting in and out but never gets too hot, then its usually an electrical problem to the elements within the shower unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well lads...

Sorted the problem.
    Cleaned the filter
    De scaled the head

Pressure has never been as good and no temperature changes.
    Thanks a lot

Advertisement