Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos TV contains Lead - RoHS directive

• 08-02-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

While browsing through Argos online came across this list of TV features - TV contains lead. My understanding was that all comsumer products were supposed to comply with RoHS directive (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) to eliminate lead and other toxic products used in the manufacturing process. Am I missing something?

LG 37LK450 37 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview LCD TV.

529/8006

Additional features:
    • UHF/VHF tuner.
    • Sleep timer.
    • Child lock.
    • Picture and text.
    • Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included).
    • Size of TV H57.1, W91.3, D7.7cm.
    • Weight of TV 11.1kg (unpackaged).
    • Complete with tabletop stand.
    • Size of TV with stand H63.9, W91.3, D26.5cm.
    • Weight of TV with stand 12.8kg.
    • Suitable for wall mounting with a VESA 200 x 200mm bracket (bracket not included).
    • Energy efficiency rating: C.
    • On mode power consumption 108 watts.
    • Standby power consumption 0.9 watt.
    • Annual power consumption 158kWh.
    • This product contains lead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mp0k

TOMP wrote: »
    While browsing through Argos online came across this list of TV features - TV contains lead. My understanding was that all comsumer products were supposed to comply with RoHS directive (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) to eliminate lead and other toxic products used in the manufacturing process. Am I missing something?

LG 37LK450 37 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview LCD TV.

529/8006

Additional features:
    • UHF/VHF tuner.
    • Sleep timer.
    • Child lock.
    • Picture and text.
    • Remote control batteries required 2 x AAA (included).
    • Size of TV H57.1, W91.3, D7.7cm.
    • Weight of TV 11.1kg (unpackaged).
    • Complete with tabletop stand.
    • Size of TV with stand H63.9, W91.3, D26.5cm.
    • Weight of TV with stand 12.8kg.
    • Suitable for wall mounting with a VESA 200 x 200mm bracket (bracket not included).
    • Energy efficiency rating: C.
    • On mode power consumption 108 watts.
    • Standby power consumption 0.9 watt.
    • Annual power consumption 158kWh.
    • This product contains lead.

The only thing your missing is the Mains Lead to plug it in ............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TOMP wrote: »
    My understanding was that all comsumer products were supposed to comply with RoHS directive (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) to eliminate lead and other toxic products used in the manufacturing process. Am I missing something?

Yes you are. The RoHS directive is designed to restrict, not eliminate the use of certain substances. The 'R' stands for restriction, not reduction.

As long as the concentration of lead in the particular component where it is used is below 0.1% it is in compliance with RoHS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mp0k

I was making a joke. The advert is trying to tell the potential customer that the product comes with a mains lead (for plugging into the power supply) not that the product contains Lead (Pb). Containing Lead (Pb) is not an additional feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 maradonas

nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Old post I know but don't lick the screen...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement