Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you consider to be cheating?

• 08-02-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

So as a kind of companion to this thread I thought I'd pop this one up.

So, pretty straight forward, what exactly would you consider cheating on a partner to be? (The minimum thing that would be considered cheating).

Poll incoming. (If your selection isn't covered by the poll then please feel free to explain in thread.)

What is the minimum you would consider cheating? 81 votes

Sexual intercourse.
    0%
    A sexual act stopping short of sexual intercourse.
    6%
    phill106YouTookMyNameQuiet youTo Alcohollividduck 5 votes
    'French' Kissing.
    3%
    KashmissrandomerLemonPledge 3 votes
    A kiss of any kind (peck on the lips etc).
    61%
    Dr_TeethGummy PandaShaneggggstrobeZebra3pm.Bodhidharmadotsmanxtal191h3000gaz15Niall09Thordf1985Hazysyupyup7upTiGeR KiNgScandy-gal1we'llallhavetea_oldPeetrik 50 votes
    It can be something non-physical.
    28%
    Spearfearcruachfrank9901Jen Pigs FlyAodan83Elba101Cian92IvefoundgodstupidusernameLiamarioDoodooIdjittonycascarinoEathrinflanders1979TheEscapistMillicentmossyc12313spannerPlease Kill Me 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Second family with kids and stuff. It would have to be meaningful, otherwise its not really cheating is it.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Putting one foot in the vagina and the other is either nostril while a midget watches from a darkened corner slowly smoking a johnny blue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Picking Oddjob in multiplayer Goldeneye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I picked kissing, though I could see a close relationship with someone else being an issue possibly. I just didn't pick that because I think that kind of cheating is probably less likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

A sexual act stopping short of sexual intercourse.
    3sum with her sister and her ma in a hotel in bankok while she is in hospital pregnant on your 22nd set of twins, otherwise it isnt cheating, not really:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Putting one foot in the vagina and the other is either nostril while a midget watches from a darkened corner slowly smoking a johnny blue

:D

Blast! I always forget to include an obvious one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

My opinion is that if it’s something you would absolutely not be comfortable with your partner knowing, you’ve crossed some sort of line, and its not a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

AH answer: It's only cheating if ya dont use a condom

What i consider cheating? Your genitals dont have to come into it. Only you know when you have crossed the line, no keyboard warrior can tell ya where that line lies for you, or more importantly for your partner ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

strobe wrote: »

Poll incoming. (If your selection isn't covered by the poll then please feel free to explain in thread.)

Definitely cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

Anything outside the agreed rules of your relationship, emotional or physical makes no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Personally I think (and hope to never find out) Id be far more upset and hurt if I felt he had gotten super close and emotionally bonded with another girl. Sure, they might not have kissed or had sex, but I think that cheating is the worst.

I'd also be pretty upset finding out he rode someone else, tbh, but I don't think it would be as bad. It's physical, it doesn't nessessarily have to mean anything, but I think we would work through it if it was just sex.

Cheating by form of a "one night stand" or an "affair".

One is fúck and forget, and the other well, isint. Does it make it more forgivable as a wife / husband though?

As a once upon a time wife, i'd have to say i'd have some chance, maybe (after i'd cut the bollix off ya) of forgiving the one night stand but i could never forgive and affair.

That's the difference for me, the emotional connection. Fúcking is a physical act, the emotional part is far worse in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What's with all the cheating and genitalia threads the last couple of days, tis like everyone is trying to speed date on here to find a partner for Valentines.

Next threads will be:
    "What hobbies do you have?"
    "Describe yourself in 3 words!"
    "What's your opinion of sex before marriage?"
    "How far should you go on the first date?"

Christ tis like a bigger version of Blind Date round here the past 2 days

Btw I'm free on the 14th* :cool:

*I'm not really :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cheating to me would either be my husband French kissing someone or having a deep personal relationship over the internet or in person.

Many if our friends kiss and hug when we meet up so that's no biggie, neither is banter or mild flirting. I'm not a jealous freak. He got sent half naked pics on his google chat at work only his home account was open and I clicked on the link... Spanish ladies. I then sent a message to the guy who posted them asking why he was sending half naked pictures to my husband.... He was mortified, I thought it was funny.... The guy was trying to prove Spanish girls were babes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

As long as you're not in a county which shares a border with the county your partner is, you're fine.

Cheating to me would either be my husband French kissing someone or having a deep personal relationship over the internet or in person.

So as long as he doesn't kiss anyone French it's not cheating.....gotcha :P

I'm curious about why so many picked french kissing. I mean, I assume all of you kiss your friends on the lips when you meet, and that's the reason? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If there was more options or the poll was boxes rather than radio check boxes then I would select all of them in particular the none physical one but yes french kissing be considered cheating but any kind of thing as mentioned in the poll I consider cheating. I think sex is considered cheating but I be more hurt if it be none physical or secret texts and so on and secret meet ups. Someone connecting with someone else that could lead to something, that they seem to have a better relationship with each other.

The thing with sex can be a connection loving in a way with emotional connection or can be no attachment at all so sex is meaningless, I could be ok with that if it we a once of kind of thing and that there was nothing else but sex but if the person was having a relationship behind my back then that be most definitely be cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm curious about why so many picked french kissing. I mean, I assume all of you kiss your friends on the lips when you meet, and that's the reason? :confused:

You can accidentally kiss someone on the lips, you go to kiss their cheek and they turn. You can't accidentally shove your tongue down their throat.

You can accidentally kiss someone on the lips, you go to kiss their cheek and they turn. You can't accidentally shove your tongue down their throat.

well yeah, but an accident is an accident too.

• Advertisement

well yeah, but an accident is an accident too.

Tell me about it, I shit the bed this morning :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

What is the minimum act of physical cheating and of emotional cheating.

You can have both or one without the other, but I wouldn't consider a peck kind of kiss to be cheating unless it was coupled with emotional cheating other wise its probably a split second of straying and hopefully with an abrupt oh my god what am I doing, I wouldn't be thrilled but its a lot of easier to get over than a snog that is where the indulgence of feelings and the more serious kind of betrayal really starts imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Whatever it is you would consider cheating on you

kfallon wrote: »
    What's with all the cheating and genitalia threads the last couple of days, tis like everyone is trying to speed date on here to find a partner for Valentines.

Next threads will be:

teehee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

kfallon wrote: »

Next threads will be:

Christ tis like a bigger version of Blind Date round here the past 2 days

Btw I'm free on the 14th* :cool:

*I'm not really :P

"What's your opinion of sex before marriage?" I started this thread on Ah before! ;)

All been covered before I think!? Yes I have noticed this, talk of valentines day wrecking my head. No 14th on my calender i am afraid....sorry to disappoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

Every relationship is different. Cheating is anything beyond your agreed rules or values, so could be anything. The poll is a bit unfair as it only allows a choice for physical or emotional.
    The physical cheating is easier to draw a line for, but also a lot easier to forgive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

themadchef wrote: »
    What i consider cheating? Your genitals dont have to come into it..

So... whippin it out to spray on her jabs is still cheating?

:confused:

Sky King wrote: »
    So... whippin it out to spray on her jabs is still cheating?

:confused:

:D PMSL

Errmmm no.

Ya can batter her around the place with yer micky and it wont count any more or less than exchanging 100 texts a day with some one. Does that help? :p

If you reach a point where youre hiding stuff and exchanging physical desires and emotional dreams with somone, things that are clearly meant to be with only your partner in life then you are CHEATING, no flesh need ever actually touch for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Cheating with your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Its usually cheating if you feel you cant tell your other half about it.
    Alot depends on the type of relationship. Different boundaries etc.
    I cheated and was cheated on while in college, but I have never cheated on my wife.
    Its no big deal to be riding all around you in your early twenties as long as you are not passing diseases on to some unsuspecting fool. It just gets messy when there are children involved later in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

DVDA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

If my wife even talks to another male I would consider that cheating.

I have to cover her eyes when those guys from tallafornia come on TV as they are walking around flashing their pecks and that's unacceptable.

I don't want her frothing at the gash.

Advertisement