Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex Storage Heaters

Options
  • 08-02-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Apologies if this is already up in boards but I didn't see the exact topic. I've just moved into an apartment with a number of storage heaters and it's my first time using them. I think I have the concept but two of them are no working for me.

There is a Dimplex CLX N Storeage heater in the sitting room. I have set it with an input of 9 and a output (Boost) of 1 for the last two days and each evening it's cold. The convector bit works fine i.e. when I switch this on it heats up instantly.

Similarly there is also a dimplex XL N in the sitting room on another wall and I've set the input to 9 and output to 1 on this too with no luck. I have the switch on btw, read light on and all.

Now, in the hall there is another XL N that works fine. In fact I've had to reduce the input to 5 as it was too warm. The two in the bedrooms have timers on them so they are fine.

Any ideas? Am I missing something or should I contact the landlord if they are faulty?

Pictures attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Problem is probably the thermal fuse has tripped in both heaters - this often happens when people cover the heater with clothes. You probably best to get an electrician to callout and repair it

Advertisement