Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doing some upgrades finally

Options
  • 08-02-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hi lads, i am finally upgrading my i7 930 gtx 460 rig, i figure the 930 will be grand for another while yet, i am going to get a proper cooler for it though was thinking the NOCTUA NH-D14 would do, any advice? i have a coolermaster haf 922 case so plenty of room.

On the gpu side of things im looking at getting a 580 (7970 is too pricey :() wheres the best place to buy one at?

any help would be great

just saw this 7970 in the bargains thread, is that a decent site to buy from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

hi lads, i am finally upgrading my i7 930 gtx 460 rig, i figure the 930 will be grand for another while yet, i am going to get a proper cooler for it though was thinking the NOCTUA NH-D14 would do, any advice? i have a coolermaster haf 922 case so plenty of room.

On the gpu side of things im looking at getting a 580 (7970 is too pricey :() wheres the best place to buy one at?

any help would be great

get a 7950 instead, so much better than a 580 and great for overclocking, uses less power than a gtx 560 ti! €432 delivered. Cheaper than a 580 as well!

power_peak.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

+1 on the 7950. If you can find someone to split the shipping with you can get a sapphire one for €410 from HWVS:
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=55251&agid=1942

@deconduo I was trying to find some reviews on the that model, but they were all on the OC version, is that cooler any good. It's only the one fan and it looks quite cheapy, the XFX is the same price as it on dabs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Eboggles wrote: »
    @deconduo I was trying to find some reviews on the that model, but they were all on the OC version, is that cooler any good. It's only the one fan and it looks quite cheapy, the XFX is the same price as it on dabs.

Its pretty good for a single fan card, runs reasonably cool and quiet. I wouldn't order from dabs, but thats because I've heard of a lot of people having bad experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any opinions on the 7970 i linked up above? and more importantly the site

• Advertisement

any opinions on the 7970 i linked up above? and more importantly the site

It's a good bit dearer when you factor in the shipping, it also won't be in stock for more than 10 days, I'd say you're better off getting the 7950 and overclocking it.

Advertisement