Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free book offer

Options
  • 08-02-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I've written a bit of a novel, loosely based around running. I've woven in a bit of Irish interest as well. It may not be great literature but it's available to A/R/T-ists while stocks last for the p&p to ROI which is GBP3.75.

The link to go to is http://backontherock.com/barry-the-novel-2/ I'll pop one in the post upon receipt of payment. Any queries PM me.

(Cleared with the lovely mods)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

RoyMcC wrote: »
    I've written a bit of a novel, loosely based around running. I've woven in a bit of Irish interest as well. It may not be great literature but it's available to A/R/T-ists while stocks last for the p&p to ROI which is GBP3.75.

The link to go to is http://backontherock.com/barry-the-novel-2/ I'll pop one in the post upon receipt of payment. Any queries PM me.

Good stuff Roy, always good to see people getting a book to print. Since you're now a writer, you'll need to drink, so I added a little extra for a couple of pints of the cheapest Jersey beer. Looking forward to reading your book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

^ ditto - good luck with it - let's us know when you are back for the book reading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Fair play Roy, its something I have been threatening to do for a few years myself now so I am in as well - good luck with it!

Got mine in the post today - thanks Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Ok I'll bite, the virtual cheque is in the email so to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Me too.
    Edit. Better be good or I'll be getting my money back.

Boobs, twice-nightly's, French Tarts, rampant sex; and I'm only on chapter 6...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

Running and sex. Great stuff. I've ordered a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Hold on, don't believe every review you read :pac: It's strictly family entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congratulations on the book, I put in my order this morning.

With reviews like dpop's you'll be very busy posting out books over the next few weeks:D

• Advertisement

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congratulations on the book, I put in my order this morning.

With reviews like dpop's you'll be very busy posting out books over the next few weeks:D

Sure the protagonist is bed-hopping already. I'm telling you lads, this is Pure Muck of the highest quality, you wouldn't find the likes in a locked attic of a Parisian bordello. :D

Sure the protagonist is bed-hopping already. I'm telling you lads, this is Pure Muck of the highest quality, you wouldn't find the likes in a locked attic of a Parisian bordello. :D

Are you sure you haven't accidentally stumbled upon your old stash of X-rated magazines?

Marthastew wrote: »
    Are you sure you haven't accidentally stumbled upon your old stash of X-rated magazines?

Maybe I've overstated the rumpy-pumpy. But if you married the old XXX stash with the Garmin Megathread, they'd produce something similar to "Barry".:)

Anyway, I'm enjoying the read so far, Roy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Finished it today. Very good read Roy, well done. But the ending:eek: You'll have to write a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Ger was telling about this at the LSR on saturday, so money sent - cant wait to check it out - well done :)

Finished it Roy, well done, a very entertaining read.

So it was the robot butler all along?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just got back from a few days away and my copy was waiting for me when I got back.
    Thanks Roy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Just sent the virtual cheque,
    Looking forward to the read.

Thanks for the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Just sent the money there. Looking forward to the read.

Finished it Roy, well done, a very entertaining read.

So it was the robot butler all along?

Great read, congratulatins Roy.

Crafty robot butler....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looking forward to it also Roy. Planning to sandwich it between a couple of booker prize winners, so it'll be nice inject something a little more high-brow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just finished this on the plane ride back yesterday. Good read, thanks Roy.

Just got an email from my club this morning about what leg I'm running in a couple of weeks in Sutton Park, I'm now worried that the crafty robot butler is going be coming after me. :eek:

Have 23hrs of flight time coming up next week so have been saving it until then - the anticipation is killing me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just saw this thread now and have ordered a copy to go with my other 'Robot Butler' classics...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Thanks book arrived this morning, looking forward to reading it,

Now also available for free viewing/download at

http://www.scribd.com/doc/94391235/Barry-The-Novel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Now also available for free viewing/download at

http://www.scribd.com/doc/94391235/Barry-The-Novel :)

That great, would love to read it over the summer. Would it be possible to have a pdf without "Project 3 Roy's book Quark 7:Layout 1 8/1/12 11:26 Page 1" on the top of the pages so I can convert it into .mobi for me kindle. Thanks

Bump, sorry dear mods. No longer free but Barry (together with a couple of subsequent novels) is now available from Amazon if you have one of those new-fangled Kindles :)Click here

Apparently only available (for ROI) via http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGPA2FQ Thank you rom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
    Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com.

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »
    Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
    Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com.

Huh :confused: Thank you rom, above post being edited. The world has left me behind :(

Advertisement