Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing up with O2, what do I do?

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

My contract with O2 ends this week. I am going to move provider. Do I need to tell them I'm not renewing my contract, ie give them notice? And what do I need to do to 'unlock' my phone so I can switch providers?

Incidentally, any great deals out there right now with Vodafone, Three, Meteor etc? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

if you're out of contract then there's no need to with o2 unless you're on the 30 day sim plan. port once your contract is over but ir always causes a little less hassle by porting a few days before your bill issue date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

cookie1977 wrote: »
    if you're out of contract then there's no need to with o2 unless you're on the 30 day sim plan. port once your contract is over but ir always causes a little less hassle by porting a few days before your bill issue date

Thanks to to both of you, but can you explain what you mean by 'port', please and thank you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Thanks to to both of you, but can you explain what you mean by 'port', please and thank you?

Porting is changing networks while keeping your existing mobile phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Also ring O2 and get the unlock code for your handset from them as sometimes it can take up to ten days for the unlocking code to come through. Have your phone model number and serial number to hand when you ring them up to ask for the unlocking code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    My contract with O2 ends this week. I am going to move provider. Do I need to tell them I'm not renewing my contract, ie give them notice? And what do I need to do to 'unlock' my phone so I can switch providers?

Incidentally, any great deals out there right now with Vodafone, Three, Meteor etc? Thanks...

Switched over to this offer from Meteor when my 02 contract ran out.

http://meteor.ie/bill-pay/#bill_pay_plan_wow

It's a 30 day bill offer. 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB of data for €15.25 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mezcita wrote: »
    Switched over to this offer from Meteor when my 02 contract ran out.

http://meteor.ie/bill-pay/#bill_pay_plan_wow

It's a 30 day bill offer. 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB of data for €15.25 a month.

Are you working for Meteor?:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Are you working for Meteor?:D:D

:D Nope. Honestly! Just think it's a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Just got off the phone with the automated unlocked number sender... thing!

It said it can take up to 14 days to get the code, I have two days left on my contract so wud I be better off getting it unlocked "elsewhere"?

Advertisement