Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness needed

Options
  • 08-02-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

I'm planning on trying to conceive this summer. I'm a normal weight but not particularly fit. I suppose I am wondering if you really do need to be fit to maintain energy levels and eventually keep up with a child? Did other people cope with low fitness levels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

People of all fitness levels have and raise children perfectly fine. My partner smoked until she got pregnant. She wasn't fit at all. I smoked a lot heavier than her and panted up the stairs but we managed to raise two girls.

By all means get fit. Energy spent is energy gained as I learned after I quit smoking and started running. But don't let it put you off having a child :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Getting fitter and stronger will definitely help you through the pregnancy .. particularly back and core strength!

Advertisement