Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 24mb broadband?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Virtual87 wrote: »
    I have next generation broadband for 24 mb and when i was living in Kilkenny my router said i had 17 mb and now i moved to Clonmel and it says i have 11 mb and never gets higher than that. I think there is a problem with the line but i can't get a tech to come and check it out. What do you think I should do ?

Hi Virtual87,

Thanks for your post.

If you PM your broadband Phone or Account number, I will look into your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

I have next generation broadband for 24 mb and when i was living in Kilkenny my router said i had 17 mb and now i moved to Clonmel and it says i have 11 mb and never gets higher than that. I think there is a problem with the line but i can't get a tech to come and check it out. What do you think I should do ?

tell them you are moving to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

neiphin wrote: »

tell them you are moving to vodafone

That is my next move to be honest but Ant has been nice enough and said he will look into the problem so I trust him.
    And if the problem is with the line as I suspect won't I inherit the problem on Vodafone anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

First of all there is no such thing as 24Mb, it is upto 24Mb. What's the problem in your case? It's entirely possible that moving house had you move to a line that can only support lower speed ADSL than the one you came from. If that's the case then Vodafone or anyone else will make no difference to you.

If you posted your line stats then you would know straight away if your getting a reasonable speed for your attenuation. You said you think there is a problem on the line... why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi I am on eircom up to 24mb, I wonder if there can be any more speed got on this line.

following results,

1792284373.png

57530119.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement