Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i think aldi have the milka with daim in them from time to time. Dunnes do them too i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Whoops. Forgot it's my Dad's birthday. My Mom who has been separated from him for 15 years had to remind me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Acoshla wrote: »
    Sometimes people deserve to be made fun of, myself and my boyfriend shame the other person if they do something that stupid!

Oh of course! But did you not think that just goes beyond the poking fun into him kind of enjoying making her look bad? He put it up on youtube for all to see for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Apparently I'm going out for dinner in a few minutes. There goes the plans for a semi-productive evening.

On the plus side, yummy dinner! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just had warm chocolate brownie with lovely Ben & Jerry's white chocolate, raspberry & fudge icecream, divine! Boyfriend made the brownies two days ago, but I didn't know we had the icecream til now, it's so yum, think it's called Berry Bomb.
    I need to get this ice cream. It sounds awesome.
    Fishie wrote: »
    Annoying relatives will always be annoying and nosy, unfortunately - we all have them! Trust me, if you had a boyfriend you'd be getting "When will you be giving us all a day out?", if you were married you'd be getting "When will we hear the patter of tiny feet?" and if you had a baby you'd be getting "When will you be giving him/her a little brother/sister to play with?"
    Ugh, I am with my boyfriend eight months this month (I'm 21, he's 25, 26 in June) and already I am being asked about weddings etc.

A family member recently asked me "if I was married yet" and then told me "to pull the finger out and start having babies" :rolleyes:

I actually have no tolerance for it, it drives me nuts. Just cos you want marriage and babies and whatnot doesn't mean we all do FFS.

Boyfriend gone to a hurling match today, hope his teams wins :)

Had a nice day yesterday, boyfriend and I took my mother and granny out for dinner for mammies day, had such a nice evening, was very relaxing. :)

Pissed off with my 15yo cousin though, his older sister asked my boyfriend something about computers and just as my boyfriend started answering her the 15yo butts in and started answering for my boyfriend. :mad: Really hate it when you ask someone something and then someone else comes along and answers for them. Such bad manners.

Half thinking of walking into town, can't decide what to do, hmmm. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

This is going surprisingly well(ish) so far. Feeling extremely nervous about the oral advocacy element of it tomorrow night though. :o:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I know that Benedict Cumberbatch is a divisive issue here in tLL... So this post on 'Otters who look like Benedict Cumberbatch' made me :D

Otters-Who-Look-Like-Benedict-Cumberbatch1.jpg

I'm glad to hear that they have Milka with Daim in Ireland too... Amazing stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I FREAKING LOVE OTTERS!!! I don't know who the other buck is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Just made these decided last minute to put in two scoops of mint choc protein, I didn't think it would make the entire thing so minty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What.The.Fuck?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

What.The.Fuck?

To be fair there's alot of people that use their children for sh*tty reasons.

I was working somewhere came in, in the evening to find one of the jewellery counters empty and broken. Earlier that day there was a guy with a baby in a buggy that managed to rob thousands of euro worth of jewellery because he used is child as cover and a way to hide all that jewellery without getting caught. Also seen grown 'adults' making there children shoplift. I wouldn't put it past anyone to use there children to smuggle stuff.

Orla K wrote: »
    Just made these decided last minute to put in two scoops of mint choc protein, I didn't think it would make the entire thing so minty!

my plain choc arrived - glad to be back to it, the choc nut was too sweet in the end

eyeing up some brownie recipies, though i dont know will i make it to the shops for any other required ingredients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dear June 8th, hurry. the. fcuk. up.

Orla K wrote: »
    To be fair there's alot of people that use their children for sh*tty reasons.

I was working somewhere came in, in the evening to find one of the jewellery counters empty and broken. Earlier that day there was a guy with a baby in a buggy that managed to rob thousands of euro worth of jewellery because he used is child as cover and a way to hide all that jewellery without getting caught. Also seen grown 'adults' making there children shoplift. I wouldn't put it past anyone to use there children to smuggle stuff.

Yep the shop I used to work in was robbed once, they took €1000 worth of stuff, "they" being the 7 and 9 year old girls while their parents asked me about products. Lovely. But that's different to a family headed for Disneyland and a scared looking kid being searched and searched even when they have swabbed HIM and the chair already.

stench did you have a brownie recipe and cookie recipe with this powder

bluewolf wrote: »
    my plain choc arrived - glad to be back to it, the choc nut was too sweet in the end

eyeing up some brownie recipies, though i dont know will i make it to the shops for any other required ingredients

Love looking through this site protein pow(d)er

just noticed there's protein cheesecake! (lemon cheesecake is meh too! baileys ftw!)

Yep the shop I used to work in was robbed once, they took €1000 worth of stuff, "they" being the 7 and 9 year old girls while their parents asked me about products. Lovely. But that's different to a family headed for Disneyland and a scared looking kid being searched and searched even when they have swabbed HIM and the chair already.

True but I think people should remember that the people working there meet/check out countless people that they know nothing about. They're going to look at anything that's out of the ordinary and as well as that there are some people that will use an innocent looking child in a cast and a wheelchair and the people working know this. There just doing their jobs, can be ****ty at times but they have to do it.

Getting hungry now, going to get chippers for dinner tonight I think. Haven't had chippers since last summer if not longer. :eek:

Cheese burger, chicken nuggets, chips. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

well done Pixie....you just left an important Witness Statement for your thesis at home!!

you are a genius :rolleyes::mad:

I should do something more productive but reading boards, watching pride and prejudice(one with Colin Firth) with a blanket over me(freezing) and the cat on my lap purring.

Food's in the oven and going to have one of transforms bars after, think I'll make a smoothie too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Against my better judgement, I have ordered a wedding dress from China! Fcuk it, if it's rubbish the charity shop can have it...

awec wrote: »
    Made corn beef stew here. And having cheese cake for desert!
    Is that a stew with home cooked corned beef in it? Stupid question probably, but I've never herd of corn beef stew.

Lemon cheese cake?! Bleurgh. Baileys cheesecake FTW. I'd murder a slice or two of Baileys cheesecake now. It's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

not a very productive day. :(

Got a really bad breakout of spots on my face - haven't done anything differently so I've no idea what caused it. It's really sore....people keep asking if they're insect bites..

Funny you guys should mention adults using their kids - my friend saw a couple pushing a buggie and the guy quickly pulled one of those lock cutters out of the back of the buggie and cut the locks on two bikes that were locked up. They walked on and two people following them took the bikes. Really frustrating to hear stuff like that!

Dolorous wrote: »
    Against my better judgement, I have ordered a wedding dress from China! Fcuk it, if it's rubbish the charity shop can have it...

That's 3 of us tLL brides who are ordering from China :p Hope yours goes well! :) I'm going dress shopping this Wednesday and then Monday too, looking forward to it now after finding some beautiful dresses that are stocked pretty near me.
    Lemon cheese cake?! Bleurgh. Baileys cheesecake FTW. I'd murder a slice or two of Baileys cheesecake now. It's awesome.

Yeah Baileys one is so yum, now I want cheesecake, luckily I don't have the makings of it. Still have brownies and icecream though :)

That's 3 of us tLL brides who are ordering from China :p Hope yours goes well! :) I'm going dress shopping this Wednesday and then Monday too, looking forward to it now after finding some beautiful dresses that are stocked pretty near me.

Yeah Baileys one is so yum, now I want cheesecake, luckily I don't have the makings of it. Still have brownies and icecream though :)
    Good luck dress shopping, hope you find something :)

Send some of those brownies and that ice cream my way? Please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Howdy doody loungers, hope you all had a lovely relaxing Bank Holiday Monday! :D
    Novella wrote: »
    Get to see my best friend today :) Haven't seen her for so long 'cause I was on my 2 weeks of placement and then she was on a week of nights. Yay for friend reunion! :)

I had a friend reunion too! Met my 2 friends in Dublin and I hadn't seen them since before I started going out with my bf and I'm with him 15 months! It was great to catch up and we had a yummy lunch too. :D
    Ugh, I am with my boyfriend eight months this month (I'm 21, he's 25, 26 in June) and already I am being asked about weddings etc.

A family member recently asked me "if I was married yet" and then told me "to pull the finger out and start having babies" :rolleyes:

I'm getting stuff like that too Muffin, don't worry. I just giggle and try to pass it off secretly hoping that it will actually happen soon. :o

• Advertisement

Good luck dress shopping, hope you find something :)

Send some of those brownies and that ice cream my way? Please and thank you.

I hope I do too! :) The brownies got baked with no butter in them but still taste awesome, boyfriend defies baking logic!

Baileys cheesecake yuck no thanks

Baileys anything YUM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I love cheese cake but Baileys cheesecake is just wrong.

Vanbis wrote: »
    I love cheese cake but Baileys cheesecake is just wrong.

Why??? It's so yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

+1 to the 'Bailey's cheesecake? Yuck!' camp. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Why??? It's so yummy.

My sisterlaw knows i love cheesecake and when i was visiting one weekend she made it but with Bailey's.

Lets just saw she hasn't made another since ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Wish people would leave me the f**k alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Being very productive wedding wise - sorted dress, Cake and car :)

Did sum total of nothing at work today ....... roll on the weekend ha ha

Baked loads of stuff yesterday .. love my new kitchen !

Landline has gone down, and our internet keeps going down FFS.

Keep at mam to switch to UPC and all she says is "I haven't had a chance to look at their packages/bundles yet", she's been saying that for months........

I am fed up of this crap internet we're getting from Perlico, course mother won't do anything about it, instead she moans about it to me constantly, wtf does she want me to do? :rolleyes:

Pissed off as well as I can't go into the chippers now, I'm the only one with credit in my mobile phone and if anyone rings the house and can't get through, it's my mobile they'll ring instead of mam's.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Was in my mum's yesterday and my 'interesting' brother came too. He's a conspiracy theorist and he went on at length about how the US government were bringing in a bill about flesh-eating zombies.

Looked it up when I got home, yeah, The Onion.

LOL

He's the kind of guy you can't correct though because he takes it so badly. He once broke a window because I told him there was no such thing as a bank holiday Tuesday (he thought the bus schedule would be different on a random Tuesday after a bank holiday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Was in my mum's yesterday and my 'interesting' brother came too. He's a conspiracy theorist and he went on at length about how the US government were bringing in a bill about flesh-eating zombies.

Looked it up when I got home, yeah, The Onion.

LOL

He's the kind of guy you can't correct though because he takes it so badly. He once broke a window because I told him there was no such thing as a bank holiday Tuesday (he thought the bus schedule would be different on a random Tuesday after a bank holiday).
    How old is he? Tell us more funny stories please :)

Sounds delicious but also very sickening?

Sickening how? That's like the lemon one being bitter if there isn't enough sugar, just enough Baileys and it's fab, too much and it might be sweet but with the right amount it's fab. Although I'd put in a whole bottle except it mightn't set well then :p

Time to move out! :P
    I wish I could afford to move out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

random question, anyone know how much a double bed would cost? nothing big and fancy to sleep in for years just...a bed lol am moving and the place I'm moving to has two single beds in what will be my room, and well the hell with that lol

Being very productive wedding wise - sorted dress, Cake and car :)

Ooh that's good going, we've cars sorted only because we're using boyfriend's car and family and friend cars (vintage ones, woohoo!), I'm doing cake, need dress!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Landline has gone down, and our internet keeps going down FFS.

Keep at mam to switch to UPC and all she says is "I haven't had a chance to look at their packages/bundles yet", she's been saying that for months........

I am fed up of this crap internet we're getting from Perlico, course mother won't do anything about it, instead she moans about it to me constantly, wtf does she want me to do? :rolleyes:

Pissed off as well as I can't go into the chippers now, I'm the only one with credit in my mobile phone and if anyone rings the house and can't get through, it's my mobile they'll ring instead of mam's.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so sure about how great UPC are... Been having serious problems with the internet in my apartment and yet the eircom at home is working perfectly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Doing a rotation in emergency medicine at the moment so don't unspoil if you're easily squeamish.

I think the tiredness has finally begun to get to me a bit, my stomach's not as strong as it usually is. But only in a weird way,
    removing a nail that's gone all the way through a man's foot
    , and I'm fine. Likewise for
    kid attacked by dog or guy who caught his finger in a motorbike wheel and has had the nail and tip ripped to shreds

But eat a spoonful of yoghurt with a lumpy bit in it and I feel that if I don't spit it out, I'm going to get sick. :(

Sense, this makes very little. :/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement