Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Hello Ladies hope you have all have a nice weekend.

Well I talked to my dad on the phone for half an hour last night, so I was able to get more details about mum and all. It's pretty serious what's wrong with her BUT it's treatable. They are keeping her in for at least another week til they find the ideal treatment for her. She is comfortable and the clinic is very nice. So while I'm worried, I'm more reassured than yesterday.

Sorry to hear it's serious but I suppose it has to be easier knowing what it is and now you all know where your working towards?
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    five minutes ago he was demanding a hug then hitting me in the throat telling me to "go 'way".

Ah the joys.

It's funny how they seem to be born with knowing where to hit/poke that hurts.

Baked porridge for breakfast, nyom

nuts :( are things ominously cold?

yes :( no hot water either

woke up at 6 this morning thinking i have to get up soon i have to get up soon
    then had to talk myself into calming down because i dont :rolleyes:
    sounds amusing but sign of overstress grr

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ivy, it's great that your mam had been diagnosed and is getting treated somewhere good. Now your can all just concentrate on getting her better. xx

Yay, in eight short hours I'll be finished work. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    yes :( no hot water either

woke up at 6 this morning thinking i have to get up soon i have to get up soon
    then had to talk myself into calming down because i dont :rolleyes:
    sounds amusing but sign of overstress grr

I was the same but not just once, three times. 3am the first time, then I forgot to cancel my alarm at 6.20 so I was waking up getting ready to go into the shower before I realised. Then about half 7, I decided to stay awake then.

Don't think I'm stressed though, maybe I am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My bf and I are 14 months together today. :D<3
    Congrats Jane, I'm with my boyfriend seven months this month, isn't it mad how time flies?
    Hello Ladies hope you have all have a nice weekend.

Well I talked to my dad on the phone for half an hour last night, so I was able to get more details about mum and all. It's pretty serious what's wrong with her BUT it's treatable. They are keeping her in for at least another week til they find the ideal treatment for her. She is comfortable and the clinic is very nice. So while I'm worried, I'm more reassured than yesterday.
    Sorry to hear this Ivy, at least your mum can be treated, best of luck with the recovery.

Had a great night last night, Mr. Muffin's family (dad & two sisters) called into my house last night for an impromptu visit.

Heh they were only meant to collect my boyfriends keys for his house, but ended up staying in mine for around an hour, maybe more. Had such a laugh <3

Boyfriend loved the buns I made and so did my granny, hehe she ate 14 of them :pac:

Going to make more today or tomorrow, thinking 3-in-1 lemon, lime and orange. Going to make some chocolate ones too :D

Also got my phone fixed too, well the guy gave me a replacement, delighted :D

Now for some breakfast, rashers, waffles, poached eggs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Off to see the special lady in my life later on. :D I can't wait to see her again. :)

Got a small little something for her on tuesday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congrats Jane, I'm with my boyfriend seven months this month, isn't it mad how time flies?

Had a great night last night, Mr. Muffin's family (dad & two sisters) called into my house last night for an impromptu visit.

It is mad how time flies, seems like only the other day that he came to see me in Portlaoise and it's exactly 14 months ago today (it will be at around 2pm :D). I was meant to meet him the week before but we had to take a rain check, or a snow check if you will, because the road into Portlaoise was closed and I couldn't get in to see him.

The bit in bold made my head go "Do you know the Muffin Man?" :D:o
    Links234 wrote: »
    Off to see the special lady in my life later on. :D I can't wait to see her again. :)

Got a small little something for her on tuesday :D

Have a great time Links! Your posts about her always make me smile. :)

I could only get my bf a card, having no job sucks. :( But he also said if I attempted to get him anything he would kill me.. I may ignore that and get him something tiny.. Or maybe I'll attempt to knit him something in a couple of hours, I have no idea what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I've a tiny chest so much so that I even rang up and organised an appointment for breast surgery!!:eek:

I changed my mind tho' about a week later. It's now 12 years since I rang and I'm very happy I didn't have the surgery...

At 25 the size of my breasts bothered me but now heading towards 40 I've learnt to live with them and even like them a little...

On a different note my daughter is 12 and is already to move out of a 34B bra into a bigger one:eek:

I'd always wished she wouldn't be cursed with tiny ones like me but I don't want her huge either!!:(

Hoping she stops at a nice C or a small D cup but not sure how likely that is:confused:

ooo fringe is awesome

i duno should i turn on the fan heater and try to study or see if we have anything good for baking with that doesnt require me to go anywhere :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I was a 32B up until I was 18, and weirdly, the boobie fairy came aknockin when you'd be thinking I was done with all that, up two cup sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On a different note my daughter is 12 and is already to move out of a 34B bra into a bigger one:eek:
    That was pretty much the same as me when I was that age... :eek:

i dont remember what i was then but it wasnt an A thats for sure

she can join the ranks of us E people

i know, ill go buy eggs and make some protein muffins!!
    needed to get up to buy lemsip or something anyway
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76979578&postcount=9847

Has anyone here ever been to Stockholm, Olso or Vienna?

Mr. Muffin is taking me away for a weekend for my 21st and we're trying to decide where to go, we'd both like somewhere in Europe.

Somewhere that's not too expensive, there's things to do (sightseeing, shopping etc).

Just looking for ideas really, those three places look gorgeous from the photos on Google Images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Morning everyone!

My brother is 21 today, so weird!! Really looking forward to the festivities and giving him his present!

There's a new Primark opening in Madrid and I'm thinking about applying to go and help set it up. It'd mean being over there for 6 weeks but I love Madrid and I'd love a chance like this to use my Spanish. The boy was a bit weird when I first mentioned it but I think he's on board now :)

Has anyone here ever been to Stockholm, Olso or Vienna?

Mr. Muffin is taking me away for a weekend for my 21st and we're trying to decide where to go, we'd both like somewhere in Europe.

Somewhere that's not too expensive, there's things to do (sightseeing, shopping etc).

Just looking for ideas really, those three places look gorgeous from the photos on Google Images.
    i've been to stockholm and it was lovely but i would pick oslo or vienna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy wrote: »
    That used to happen the front door in my old house all the time. The amount of times I was practically hanging out of my door in the morning trying to get it open so I wouldn't miss my bus was unreal!
    That wouldn't have been good if there had been a fire our anything come to think of it.. :eek:

I want to go out and play :(

Instead I'm making marshmellow rice krispie cake (which is just a giant rice krispie bun cause I lack cake making talent). It's a test for something I want to make for my parents joint birthday- going to do our family tree but in cake form (each tier is a tier of our family). Will draw and stick in cartoons of all the kids and grandkids on each level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was a 32B up until I was 18, and weirdly, the boobie fairy came aknockin when you'd be thinking I was done with all that, up two cup sizes.

I was a 30AA until I was around 19. Hated it. Then I woke up one morning and I was a 34EE. :o (OK it was a little more gradual than that, but it did happen fairly quickly!)

No one ever believes me though! Every time I get measured, they tell me I'm that size, and bras that size fit me comfortably. They just don't look that big, and I don't have back problems or anything like some people do.

I was a 30AA until I was around 19. Hated it. Then I woke up one morning and I was a 34EE. :o (OK it was a little more gradual than that, but it did happen fairly quickly!)

No one ever believes me though! Every time I get measured, they tell me I'm that size, and bras that size fit me comfortably. They just don't look that big, and I don't have back problems or anything like some people do.

Yikes! I thought mine were big at 38DD. :eek: :rolleyes:

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yikes! I thought mine were big at 38DD. :eek: :rolleyes:

They really don't look massive though! And they don't feel that way either, I mean I can still get away with the odd top or dress without a bra if I have to, they're not droopy or heavy or anything.

Most of my friends think that 34EE sounds massive, they wear B and C cups, but have never actually been properly measured, whereas I always always get measured.

I think that most girls are just wearing the wrong bra sizes! I actually worked in a shop for a while where I was fitting bras, and it was amazing to see the difference between the size of the bra the women were wearing, and the size that they actually were when they were measured!

In the shop I was working in, it was mostly older ladies, and I reckon they were just still wearing the same bra size from when they were much younger and hadn't had babies etc. It's mad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was very small too until about 18/19, now I'm average sized at 34B/C (depends on the brand of bra). Strangely, with pregnancy, my boobs have not changed AT ALL (I'm still wearing the same bras I wore before). I was hoping the titfairy would have paid me a wee visit but unfortunately not! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Bubblefet, that cake idea sounds brilliant...real personal touch. I was trying to thing of gluten free ideas for you without using GF flour and all I could think of was flan.

I've a tiny chest so much so that I even rang up and organised an appointment for breast surgery

I went to see a surgeon when I was 18 about getting implants had saved the money and was fairly determind. I think I was very lucky in that he suggested that I wait for a couple of years as I may develop more. He told me I would have a better shape in couple of years which would make for better implants...obvioulsy fobbing me but I didn't cop that at the time.

DEVELOP I did and for free too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Haha Ivy, the tit fairy.... Love it:D

My bra size is all over the shop.

D at the moment, but they're still only about a handful. Having lost weight they're closer to being the same size as one another which is good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm so busy and hungry that my hands are shaking, so annoying! Just had a sugar hit so waiting for it to kick in. Think I possibly took on more work than I should have for today, oopsies.

And in case anyone thinks why the hell is she on boards if she's that busy, it's breakfast/stop shaking/am-paused-and-waiting-for-stuff time! :)

Also, has anyone seen Beyonce and Jay-Z's baby? She's absolutely gorgeous and looks like him all at the same time, some achievement!

Thanks for this, was Stockholm expensive?

Will say it to the boy and see what he thinks. He'd love to go Skiing, but it is damn expensive.
    +1.

I'm a 30B, fricking tiny, though I'm used to it now, kinda had to get used to it :pac: I don't mind though, I like not having massive boobs though I wouldn't mind being a wee bit bigger than I am now.

chatterpillar you're probably right about a lot of people wearing the wrong size. I was wearing the wrong size for ages until I got measured. The difference the right size makes is unreal. I must get measured again soon, that was about 2 or 3 years ago I'd say.

Haha Ivy, the tit fairy - I love it! The tit fairy was fairly generous to me! All the women in my family on both sides had big boobs so there was always a big chance of me having them as well. :P

Boyfriend just presented me with 7, SEVEN, new small tubs of pink Vaseline, he said that should last me til Wednesday :o I'm guessing he's sick of hearing me call out to my Vaseline every night in the hopes that one will appear.

I'm a 34D, my ideal size was probably 34C when I was a teenager, the ol' stone of extra weight sits mainly on my stupid stomach but on them too. I like them but it means size 12 rarely zips/buttons all the way up, which means I have to get a 14 that is too big everywhere else. I could just lose the extra stone, shhh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ahhh! Just remembered Valentine's Day on Tuesday... wtf am I going to do? At this stage it'll have to be something bought online.... any pointers? eeek!

• Advertisement

i was a teen with my grandparents so i dont remember :)
    Ahhh! Just remember Valentine's Day on Tuesday... wtf am I going to do? At this stage it'll have to be something bought online.... any pointers? eeek!

just make him a card or something :confused:

these muffins are in the oven
    hope they are nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Gonna have a nice day ! I have to work at two but meh!!

Thinking to raise some extra cash I'm going to have to sell some of my stuff. I hopefully will get stuff cleared out of my wardrobe as well as pay towards my new phone!!

I know my boyfriend is giving me something towards it instead of a valentines day. :)

Have a nice day ladies, hoping the tit fairy comes to you all! :D

I heard my granny singing this last night for the first time and I just thought the chorus was so lovely. It's funny how she can remember a song from 1934 and yet most of the time can't remember that her children are her children or where things are in her own house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

i was a teen with my grandparents so i dont remember :)

just make him a card or something :confused:

these muffins are in the oven
    hope they are nice

Just bought him a couple of t-shirts on hairybaby, he loves the Irish ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dara O'Briain was brillant last night!!!

I'm feeling a bit nervous as I have a pre-test later. I wish I had my own car so that I could get more practice in and not wait for lessons. Dreading reversing around a corner as I haven't done it in months and I am not confident when it comes to parking between cars!

Dara O'Briain was brillant last night!!!

I'm feeling a bit nervous as I have a pre-test later. I wish I had my own car so that I could get more practice in and not wait for lessons. Dreading reversing around a corner as I haven't done it in months and I am not confident when it comes to parking between cars!

after a few lessons i was told to get a car for progress
    you can pass without one though good luck

i dont think the muffins turned out right and they sank a bit but they tasted nice

im thoroughly sick of the choc nut flavour though, id prefer plain choc or strawberry now
    i'll see what deals they have on

oil is arriving on monday :rolleyes:
    fire is on and back boiler is on so maybe hot water later :rolleyes:
    im so broke, i couldnt afford that oil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Morning, or should I say good afternoon! :o

Was able to roll over in bed this morning, great feeling!! Heading to Cork in a while to go dress shopping - have one for the ball on Wednesday, but not too sure is it dressy enough for it, so gonna go and have a look, but if I don't get one, I'll be happy enough wearing that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm not really an animal person but babies make me squeeeeeee. even though I see and work with them every day :o

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was very small too until about 18/19, now I'm average sized at 34B/C (depends on the brand of bra). Strangely, with pregnancy, my boobs have not changed AT ALL (I'm still wearing the same bras I wore before). I was hoping the titfairy would have paid me a wee visit but unfortunately not! :)

Same here - still wearing the pre-pregnancy bras since Titfairy passed by this house.:( I'm looking at em wondering if my kid is gonna starve.

But on the plus side, my ribs are sore cos I'm running out of tummy space and I think they are stretching or something so being able to go braless for the evening is pure bliss.

According to babyapp, I'm 27 weeks today and baby is approx 2lbs and size of a cauliflour! :D

Neyite wrote: »
    According to babyapp, I'm 27 weeks today and baby is approx 2lbs and size of a cauliflour! :D

Awwwwhhh that is so CUTE!!! :D

Truley wrote: »
    I'm not really an animal person but babies make me squeeeeeee. even though I see and work with them every day :o

Oh my God I love that clip, so nice to see babies playing on the ground and with animals and not instantly dying from infections/diseases as Western society would like for us to believe. Love the guy blowing dust in his own face mid tantrum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Will say it to the boy and see what he thinks. He'd love to go Skiing, but it is damn expensive.
    +1.

I'm a 30B, fricking tiny, though I'm used to it now, kinda had to get used to it :pac: I don't mind though, I like not having massive boobs though I wouldn't mind being a wee bit bigger than I am now.

My parents went to Stockholm and I know that they found it quite expensive

Husband is shouting angrily at the telly. Raised voices give me the willies, still can't get used to the football red-mist! I keep hopping out of my skin here.

*searches for earphones*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Husband is shouting angrily at the telly. Raised voices give me the willies, still can't get used to the football red-mist! I keep hopping out of my skin here.

*searches for earphones*

Tell him to stop shouting!

Tell him to stop shouting!

Nah, I love that he cares so much about it. I just come from a house where shouting meant that someone was going to get a lash and I still flinch.

Seriously, even if I hear people on the telly shouting I flinch.

Off to the bf's now.. Might be back on. But if not, have a good weekend loungers and I'll catch up soon. :D xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

*searches for earphones*
    I also hate raised voices.....I always feel like running to a cupboard and hiding. Think it comes from hating confrontation or something, but whatever, it gets me every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Woke up this morning feeling lovely and alert and at ease with life. So nice to know I don't have any more public transport this week...
    Work is quiet, but nice, able to chat properly (and catch up on boards...), and I had such a nice lunch with my collegebestie... No word from boybestie, kinda confused there... May have accidentally asked another guy to go for a coffee date on Tuesday and he said yes, then I realised it was Valentines day...should be interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm wondering if I'll ever have the guts to tell him how I feel before he leaves. Thing is, he isn't leaving until January (and maybe not even until next June if he decides to push it back further, which he is seriously considering so he can travel a bit) but once college is over he's going travelling so I basically have until April/May.
    But I know pretty much for a fact that he isn't interested in me in that way and it's hopeless. And yet I still want him to know, just in case. And there's something weird about this whole thing, I just want to tell him how fantastic he is even if it's pointless in a sense, because he deserves to hear it and I'd love to have the experience of telling him. Gah, I'm not explaining this well. It makes slightly more sense in my head.

Really wish I could hug him right now, too. Feeling crampy and generally miserable, tomorrow-Tuesday or so will be hell. :(

Boyfriend has gone to Tesco for me 4 times today. He's the bestest unpaid assistant ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

:D Fruit scones! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement