Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kiera wrote: »
    How do you feel about a hairy chest? Not pillow like thickness but yummy manly hair?

VOM!

It's all about the treasure trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why do I never win anything? Why do I do well in competitions until the home stretch and then someone else beats me? Story of my life, only thing I've ever won is $180 on a $5 bet on my lucky number in roulette in Vegas, used up all of my luck with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Acoshla wrote: »
    Why do I never win anything? Why do I do well in competitions until the home stretch and then someone else beats me? Story of my life, only thing I've ever won is $180 on a $5 bet on my lucky number in roulette in Vegas, used up all of my luck with that one.

The only thing I ever won was a lucky 7 lollypop and maybe a few £2s on the odd scratch card, hopefully we'll be lucky with other things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I have some stupid referencing to do. :mad::mad::mad:

On the bright side, essay is otherwise done! :)

Also, I had a very nice day today. It involved a 2 hour nap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Jesus, I go off to work for a few hours and it's all arses and ballsacks here when I get back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jesus, I go off to work for a few hours and it's all arses and ballsacks here when I get back! :D
    Relax there, sparky. We've only got as far as back dimples. Ballsacks aren't till tomorrow at lunchtime :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Nmph! Bums!

Love a good arse.

I approve of the route the thread has taken this afternoon!
    How do you feel about a hairy chest? Not pillow like thickness but yummy manly hair?
    Love it!

I approve of this topic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Relax there, sparky. We've only got as far as back dimples. Ballsacks aren't till tomorrow at lunchtime :p

*subscribes to thread*

krudler wrote: »
    *subscribes to thread*

You want to hear about ballsacks? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

No no no.

I'm all in favour of some man-scaping but not a full deforestation. S'awful itchy and scratchy when it starts to grow back, friction burns ahoy.

Maple wrote: »
    No no no.

I'm all in favour of some man-scaping but not a full deforestation. S'awful itchy and scratchy when it starts to grow back, friction burns ahoy.
    Like a plucked dunnes turkey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Yay for manly chest hair! Hate waxed chests on men, leave it be dammit!

In other news, anybody else here sick of house sharing?! Want to kill someone this eve, just sick of not having my own space, especially when I am the house owner! I'm SO done with the lodger business. She's actually a lovely girl and always pays up on time etc, but just lots of little things are REALLY starting to get to me to the point where I don't even like being in my own home anymore cos it doesn't really feel like mine :( I've decided that I'm going to fly solo from the summer on, even if it means less money. I can't wait, have loads of plans of what I'd like to do with the place to really make it mine :)

Sorry for the rant! Bring on the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Caraville wrote: »
    In other news, anybody else here sick of house sharing?! Want to kill someone this eve, just sick of not having my own space, especially when I am the house owner! I'm SO done with the lodger business. She's actually a lovely girl and always pays up on time etc, but just lots of little things are REALLY starting to get to me to the point where I don't even like being in my own home anymore cos it doesn't really feel like mine :( I've decided that I'm going to fly solo from the summer on, even if it means less money. I can't wait, have loads of plans of what I'd like to do with the place to really make it mine :)
    Have been in my own 1-bed apartment since July of last year. One of the best decisions I've ever made, love having my own space. :)

I HATE house sharing, it is hell on earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah lads you are gas about your body stories :)

What is it about don't tell the bride that has me crying happy tears everytime? That, a cuppa and some choc is just bliss :)

its a lot less money, do be aware of that, I've been living alone for about 7 months now and I'm broke all the time, am moving soon though in with friends. if you can afford then its great but right now its stupid money for me to be spending on rent when I can spend a third of it moving in with friends. I like my space and you tend to invite people over more as it gets a bit lonely sometimes, but if you can afford it and enjoy your own company its brilliant living alone, I will again once I can afford it.

I know I shouldn't be eating a dessert at 11.30pm but it's my boyfriend's fault for making yummy rhubarb and candied nut semifreddo...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know I shouldn't be eating a dessert at 11.30pm but it's my boyfriend's fault for making yummy rhubarb and candied nut semifreddo...

Did he start making it at 2pm?

Did he start making it at 2pm?

Huh? He made it last night, we had a friend over who we stuffed with some earlier but it's just been sitting there in the freezer calling to me....there's still loads left, eep, I'm gonna be a fatty because of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Huh? He made it last night, we had a friend over who we stuffed with some earlier but it's just been sitting there in the freezer calling to me....there's still loads left, eep, I'm gonna be a fatty because of him.

You said before it takes him an age to cook anything. Ignore me, I'm pretty sure I didn't wake up this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yay, new monitor is on the way! :)

Also, this might be TMI, but holy crap are my breasts getting crazy sore in the morning these days. It's insane, they really hurt. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

My hamster has gone to the great wheel in the sky. Boo.

You said before it takes him an age to cook anything. Ignore me, I'm pretty sure I didn't wake up this morning.

Ah, yes, it took him quite a while last night!
    Links234 wrote: »
    Yay, new monitor is on the way! :)

Also, this might be TMI, but holy crap are my breasts getting crazy sore in the morning these days. It's insane, they really hurt. :o

The joys of being a girl! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

its a lot less money, do be aware of that, I've been living alone for about 7 months now and I'm broke all the time, am moving soon though in with friends. if you can afford then its great but right now its stupid money for me to be spending on rent when I can spend a third of it moving in with friends. I like my space and you tend to invite people over more as it gets a bit lonely sometimes, but if you can afford it and enjoy your own company its brilliant living alone, I will again once I can afford it.

I've done my sums and I can just about afford it alright, plus it'll force me to be more careful with my money anyway. I suppose I can always get someone else if it doesn't work out on my own although I would have to be seriously broke I think to go back once I've taken the plunge of going it alone. Actually the bit that worries me most is telling my housemate at the end of next month that I want her to move out by June, I'm going to feel so mean doing it but I just really want to have my house to myself now. I've owned it for nearly 3 years and I haven't really done anything with it since buying it cos I felt like it wasn't really mine so I'm ready to make it all pretty and cosy! I love my own company but I'm lucky to have friends and family living fairly nearby so I'll have the best of both worlds- fingers crossed anyway!

I've done my sums and I can just about afford it alright, plus it'll force me to be more careful with my money anyway. I suppose I can always get someone else if it doesn't work out on my own although I would have to be seriously broke I think to go back once I've taken the plunge of going it alone. Actually the bit that worries me most is telling my housemate at the end of next month that I want her to move out by June, I'm going to feel so mean doing it but I just really want to have my house to myself now. I've owned it for nearly 3 years and I haven't really done anything with it since buying it cos I felt like it wasn't really mine so I'm ready to make it all pretty and cosy! I love my own company but I'm lucky to have friends and family living fairly nearby so I'll have the best of both worlds- fingers crossed anyway!

Yeah, I figured I'd just about afford it, but once stuff like holidays and birthdays and christmas and other expense roll around I was super broke, so just be wary, I found myself working a sh1tload of overtime and weekends just to have an extra few quid after rent and bills and other stuff. its all compromise though, its really nice arriving home having the house in the exact state you left it, nothing to be cleaned only what you left yourself, nobody bringing people home.

and naked tuesdays :pac:

pampootie wrote: »

poor hammie, worst thing about hamsters is they dont live long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ah lads you are gas about your body stories :)

What is it about don't tell the bride that has me crying happy tears everytime? That, a cuppa and some choc is just bliss :)
    watched a few episodes back to back with the mam on mothers day, I'm not much of a tv watcher but it hit the spot. It's one of those programs where I find myself talking out loud at the tv.."OG she'll kill him...nooo don't dooo thaaaaaaat?//?" :D

The joys of being a girl! :p
    Wouldn't trade it for anything :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No sympathy :p the pain when you take off your bra and they drop when they're sore for those few days every month is unreal and you ALWAYS forget to take it off sloooowwwly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Just broke into a cold sweat frantically de-tagging myself in Facebook photos. It did NOT look see-through in normal light...

Damn you, flash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Been feeling quite down today - loneliness really set in over the weekend. I feel like I am surrounded by people, and I cannot seem to talk to them or communicate with them. Starting to really play on my feelings atm, when I really need someone to have a chat with - I don't have a best friend who I can pick up the phone and talk to, and it seems like the walls are closing in, what with work and study, assignments due in, not preparing properly for work, and I feel that the high standards that I set myself earlier in the year are very much dropping. I feel like I'm juggling too many balls atm, and one is going to fall soon.
    hey, just read back through the day's postings and caught yours hiding amongst the toe/man hair/butt posts :) and just wanted to say hey. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

He was just past 2, kinda knew he was about to go, he'd been sleeping loads and not really eating, and the puppy had stopped barking at him for the past two weeks and started sleeping beside and whining at the cage which I took as a bad sign. Just wish I'd mentioned any or all of this to my poor friend who was dropping by to feed him for the past few days while I've been away,poor girl had to drink half a bottle of wine before ringing me earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Have been in my own 1-bed apartment since July of last year. One of the best decisions I've ever made, love having my own space. :)

I could never live alone. I would go absolutely mad. Don't know how people do it! But that's just me.

That said in regards to taking out the rubbish and doing any sorta cleaning I seem to be the only one living here :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

This girl is amazing. Nicest music I've heard in a long time. And she's Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh I'm really sorry. RIP hamster. xx

He was just past 2, kinda knew he was about to go, he'd been sleeping loads and not really eating, and the puppy had stopped barking at him for the past two weeks and started sleeping beside and whining at the cage which I took as a bad sign. Just wish I'd mentioned any or all of this to my poor friend who was dropping by to feed him for the past few days while I've been away,poor girl had to drink half a bottle of wine before ringing me earlier.

my sister has a tiny dwarf hamster thats over 2 years old and seems to be unkillable, its been lost, the neighbours cat attacked it, its like the chuck norris of hamsters.

No sympathy :p the pain when you take off your bra and they drop when they're sore for those few days every month is unreal and you ALWAYS forget to take it off sloooowwwly. :(
    I haven't had that experience yet, though at this rate I'm sure I probably will. They're growing like crazy fast these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear about your hamster, Pampootie.
    I would love to get a hamster but this is why I won't. I don't like the thoughts of inevitably losing a pet so soon. I had one of my goldfish over 7 years and my kitty will be 16 this year.
    Hamsters are little cuties though.
    RIP Pampootie's hamster. :(

looking forward to this, despite Kristen "I only have one expression" Stewarts presence in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cant wait till silly teenage hormones are outta my system!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

One of the most life affirming moments I've experienced thus far: being told by two Supreme Court judges that I have a lot of potential and would do very well if I went to the Bar. :)

Tonight was awesome! Don't know why I was so nervous, it was fine once we got up there. And the free dinner afterwards wasn't shabby either :P

Now to get some sleep before tomorrow. Another free dinner although that's going to be even more enjoyable, if considerably more emotional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah. I'm happy.

As for all the man talk, shoulders <3 And nice arms. And body hair is good, just not loads and loads. But mainly shoulders, mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

One of the most life affirming moments I've experienced thus far: being told by two Supreme Court judges that I have a lot of potential and would do very well if I went to the Bar. :)

That's really really cool. :D

So behind in work atm. Deadline is this Friday but there's pretty much just too much to do before then. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmella2012

looking forward to this, despite Kristen "I only have one expression" Stewarts presence in it.

cant wait for this either :)
    does anyone know when the irish cinema release date for twilight breaking dawn: part 2 is ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cant wait for this either :)
    does anyone know when the irish cinema release date for twilight breaking dawn: part 2 is ??
    Probably the end of november

only got 3hrs sleep last.nite,very very sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

only got 3hrs sleep last.nite,very very sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    How come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

On the subject of male hairiness, I have to be into hairiness, my fella is very hairy! It must be in the genes too, even the baby has hairy shoulders! :P

On the subject of male hairiness, I have to be into hairiness, my fella is very hairy! It must be in the genes too, even the baby has hairy shoulders! :P

I dont like hair on my pancakes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I found out a few weeks ago that my school is closing due to the city hall (who have leased us their building) being dicks.

I just had a meeting with the coordinator there who said that they are gonna facilitate a move to another branch of our school further down the country. I was preparing to try and find myself another job here I am so shocked that they are gonna facilitate my move down to moving my stuff from here to my potential new home! :eek:

I was never treated as well as this in Ireland!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement