Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Ivy/Kiera, you are NOT helping matters here.

I'm horrendified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maple wrote: »

I'm horrendified.

How bad is it? Did they shave it all off his chest or bits here and there? Paint a picture for us….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I have a man hair phobia but I'm not going to get angry, I'm just going to breathe and calmly walk away from the man hair obsession thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I think it may be time to burn down the thread and start V5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Kiera wrote: »
    How bad is it? Did they shave it all off his chest or bits here and there? Paint a picture for us….
    There's no time! This is an emergency.

Just take a pic and show us, it's only the internet. What could possibly go wrong?

I think it may be time to burn down the thread and start V5.
    Bloody fun police :(

Bloody fun police :(
    I personally like a nice fluffy muff, we can talk about that if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

*breaks tension*

peacock6bf.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Babybuff wrote: »
    I personally like a nice fluffy muff, we can talk about that if you like

Off to the blokes forum with you :P

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Off to the blokes forum with you :P

don't think they'd let me talk about it there, would probably be deemed a bit sexist :pac:

awec wrote: »
    The blokes forum is far too clean for talk like that!

Compared to over there the ladies lounge is fecking eye opening! :pac:
    Babybuff wrote: »
    don't think they'd let me talk about it there, would probably be deemed a bit sexist :pac:

Slydice it is so....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I have some stupid referencing to do. :mad::mad::mad:

On the bright side, essay is otherwise done! :)

Also, I had a very nice day today. It involved a 2 hour nap.

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I'm horrendified.

It's.....it's......oh the horror...it's PATCHY.

As in lovely chest hair here, baldy stubbly mess there.

He's going to have to shave the lot.

Between my scabby kissed chin and the impending all over body rash I'm going to look like some leper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I know. I don't like going out and intentionally getting drunk so that's the reason why I hadn't seen it. I'd been drunk and been around people that were drunk but never experienced anyone vomiting from it. I have a weird fear of vomiting myself so that might explain it either. If I feel like I'm going to vomit I start to panic and shake, my heart starts racing really fast and I break out in a cold sweat.

Wow, that's pretty unusual that you've never seen anyone be sick from alcohol..you're lucky you've never been the one minding a trollied friend on a night out...or been that trollied friend :rolleyes: it's not fun

I think everyone might panic a bit when they feel like they might vomit, especially if they haven't done it in ages. Then again, I have heard of people really having an aversion to it. I hope you may never have food poisoning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I hate hairy men! But then I don't like them with no hair at all either. I'm the Goldilocks of men's body hair, it has to be juuuuuust right :p I hate chest hair sticking out of a shirt, but a bare chest looks like a teenage boy. Luckily my boyfriend is PERFECT, hehe.

For anyone half interested in my wedding dress saga, after the disaster that was the Chinese one, today I tried on a dress that I have had a photo of saved since about 2 weeks after we got engaged. It's perfect, looks great, sits great, is from a local shop so that's nice too...and it's €1000 :(:rolleyes: Which is better than the €2,200 one I tried on earlier today. My bestie assures me it would dye black very well, so I can wear it again, can't believe I'm leaning towards spending €300 over budget, but it's THE dress! Confuzzled so I am.

Edit: Jane myself and my mother have almost a fear of vomiting. She maintains I never puked as a baby purely because I knew how much she didn't want to clean it up. We rarely throw up, it's easily...17-20 years since my mother has? We will do anything not to. I shake, cry, panic, I hate it. When she was pregnant with me she threw up every day for months, still holds a grudge against me for that! :D

It's.....it's......oh the horror...it's PATCHY.

As in lovely chest hair here, baldy stubbly mess there.

He's going to have to shave the lot.

Between my scabby kissed chin and the impending all over body rash I'm going to look like some leper.

Eeeeewww!

On the plus side at least you will look like you belong together with your minging-ness :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

All very well until you've to use a stupid obscure referencing technique that Word has never heard of (Marian Lyons, I'm looking at you) and it keeps EATING MY FCUKING FOOTNOTES. Arrrgrgghhhhhhh!

*breathes*

I think it's time to step away from the computer for the day.

On the plus side at least you will look like you belong together with your minging-ness :P

You're such a romantic! :pac:

And we have to burn down the thread Kiera. Evidence.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:D:D:D Dermalogica half price at work. My credit card may be taking a bashing

Honey-ec wrote: »
    All very well until you've to use a stupid obscure referencing technique that Word has never heard of (Marian Lyons, I'm looking at you) and it keeps EATING MY FCUKING FOOTNOTES. Arrrgrgghhhhhhh!

*breathes*

I think it's time to step away from the computer for the day.
    Did you have your coffee date?
    You're such a romantic! :pac:

And we have to burn down the thread Kiera. Evidence.... ;)

It would probably be easier to burn me down :P

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

It would probably be easier to burn me down :P

Easier, but much less satisfying. :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla wrote: »
    For anyone half interested in my wedding dress saga, after the disaster that was the Chinese one, today I tried on a dress that I have had a photo of saved since about 2 weeks after we got engaged. It's perfect, looks great, sits great, is from a local shop so that's nice too...and it's €1000 :(:rolleyes: Which is better than the €2,200 one I tried on earlier today. My bestie assures me it would dye black very well, so I can wear it again, can't believe I'm leaning towards spending €300 over budget, but it's THE dress! Confuzzled so I am.

While the actual material might dye well, I've found that sometimes the stitching either resists the dye or it dyes it a lighter shade to the fabric. So bear in mind you may need to take apart the dress and re-stitch in a thread to match the dyed colour. Synthetic thread barely takes dye at all.

Congrats on the dress by the way. Its not a bad price and if it feels and looks great, why not? Its a special day after all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

awec wrote: »
    Desperately trying to get a night out to coppers organised for this weekend. :D

Desperately!

desperate is the right frame of mind to be in going there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty unusual that you've never seen anyone be sick from alcohol..you're lucky you've never been the one minding a trollied friend on a night out...or been that trollied friend :rolleyes: it's not fun

I think everyone might panic a bit when they feel like they might vomit, especially if they haven't done it in ages. Then again, I have heard of people really having an aversion to it. I hope you may never have food poisoning :)
    Edit: Jane myself and my mother have almost a fear of vomiting. She maintains I never puked as a baby purely because I knew how much she didn't want to clean it up. We rarely throw up, it's easily...17-20 years since my mother has? We will do anything not to. I shake, cry, panic, I hate it. When she was pregnant with me she threw up every day for months, still holds a grudge against me for that! :D

It's weird but thanks to Acoshla, I now know I'm not on my own. My bf thought it was weird. Last time I was with him I felt like I was going to vomit for some reason and I got all panicky and I really worried him.

Actually Acoshla, quick baking question if you don't mind.. :o I have a recipe for cupcakes that calls for self-raising flour AND baking powder. Is this unusual? The one I was using just uses the self-raising flour and I'm confuzzled.

Neyite wrote: »
    While the actual material might dye well, I've found that sometimes the stitching either resists the dye or it dyes it a lighter shade to the fabric. So bear in mind you may need to take apart the dress and re-stitch in a thread to match the dyed colour. Synthetic thread barely takes dye at all.

Congrats on the dress by the way. Its not a bad price and if it feels and looks great, why not? Its a special day after all :)

My best friend is a textile artist/designer etc and studied chemical dye in college, her mother is a dressmaker so between the two of them I trust them to hand me back a beautiful black lace dress, that's the deal! :) Haven't ordered it yet, have to think about it some more, so much money! But thanks :)

Neyite wrote: »

My best friend is a textile artist/designer etc and studied chemical dye in college, her mother is a dressmaker so between the two of them I trust them to hand me back a beautiful black lace dress, that's the deal! :) Haven't ordered it yet, have to think about it some more, so much money! But thanks :)
    Get it, get it, get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Had to teach an antenatal class this morning, and I think it went well, so happy its over :D Gonna relax for the evening and watch a Doctor Who box set :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

@Acoshla is there anything else you could cut back on to compensate for the dress? Or if you know the designer and style of dress you could ring around other shops in Ireland to see if they have it cheaper, or a sample going for a discount! If it's 'the one' and you feel great in it, it would be worth finding a way :)

• Advertisement

Get the dress

Dolorous wrote: »
    @Acoshla is there anything else you could cut back on to compensate for the dress? Or if you know the designer and style of dress you could ring around other shops in Ireland to see if they have it cheaper, or a sample going for a discount! If it's 'the one' and you feel great in it, it would be worth finding a way :)

We're being very cheap as it is! Video is only going to be a couple of hundred euro, free cars, free suits, free cake, free dj, cheap decorations, cheap and very few flowers...I cut back on everything Day 1 purely because I'm a cheap person! :D It's designed and sold only by the owner of this shop so nowhere else would be selling it cheaper in Ireland. Going to their other shop next week to hopefully try it in a 12 not a 10, bestie is hoping there'll be a damaged sample dress in a 12 and she can haggle for it :p:D

bluewolf wrote: »
    Get the dress

Gimme the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im feckin starvin!

my housemate has two people over in the sitting room.......i really really dont wanna cook or eat food around them!

im such a weirdo hahahaha

im feckin starvin!

my housemate has two people over in the sitting room.......i really really dont wanna cook or eat food around them!

That is weird, it's your house! :)

Gimme the money

I was about to post and ask if you wanted an early wedding present contribution :pac:

I do wish my music fees weren't 800 a term
    edit: that's totally unrelated, re enrolling here :pac:

That is weird, it's your house! :)

i know im just paranoid weirdo!! i also need a shower but ill wait til they leave! :p:o
    bluewolf wrote: »
    I do wish my music fees weren't 800 a term

how much??!! :eek:

Yeah just over half that for cello and just under half for singing

works out at about 40 a lesson on average, though the poor teachers don't even get most of it

i took a half day today, totally throwing off my time sense :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

went bed shopping and found on in harvey normans for 130 quid reduced, that'll do nicely, just need a mattress now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Holy jaysus. Is that actually what a wedding dress costs? Really? I'm in shock. My sister got hers for 70 pounds in a charity shop and I've never been close enough to another bride to find out their price of the dress. How do people bring themselves to do those whole wreck the dress photos then, after spending that much?
    Acoshla I'm not trying to steer you away from the dress or anything, i just never realised what they cost!

pampootie wrote: »
    Holy jaysus. Is that actually what a wedding dress costs? Really? I'm in shock. My sister got hers for 70 pounds in a charity shop and I've never been close enough to another bride to find out their price of the dress. How do people bring themselves to do those whole wreck the dress photos then, after spending that much?
    Acoshla I'm not trying to steer you away from the dress or anything, i just never realised what they cost!

That's quite average for a wedding dress really, it's a ridiculous amount for a dress IMO but there is a LOT of work in many of them, not all of them mind you, but with lace, beading, serious structure inside them, embroidery, and expensive fabrics I can see where a lot of the cost comes from. We saw one today that was €4,500, it totally didn't look worth it at all! I saw a load for €200 but they're all satin meringues, gah. The style I want isn't very common (I'm the first person to try on the one I love in the shop, nobody wants it!) so it's tough to find reduced cost sample dresses like it, which is annoying because the 12 fits me in every shop, a €200 size 12 would be awesome!

I'm going to a charity wedding dress shop on Monday but they're very luck-of-the-draw, might find the perfect dress, might not, and knowing my luck I won't, especially with this style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Yeah when I think about it logically I can see how they'd end up costing lots, there is a lot of work in them. I just never thought about it before, logically or otherwise. And I did know my sister's was a ridiculous bargain, if I ever end up heading for an aisle I'm totally popping over to that charity shop!

so i popped down to the kitchen grabbed what i could and went back to my room!! wehh!!!

9h5fz6.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone want to donate their lungs, heart, shoulders, neck and throat to me. Mine are broked. :(:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cold, hungry, tired, have a headache and I'm still a bit pissed off as my mother and granny.

All afternoon they were throwing insults and snide comments at me. I was nearly in tears when they scrutinising what I eat and don't eat.

The sole in my favourite black is shoes is wearing away. The spring has come through on one of the shoes. So until I can get a new pair of them I have to make do with cheap ones from Dunnes which really hurt my feet :( *Sigh*

Going over to my boyfriends soon, take away for dinner tonight. Would love a home made pasta dish though. Something with a spicy tomato sauce and come smokey bacon and pepperoni or something. Mmmm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My dress was €700, for me that was a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

im feckin starvin!

Oh I'm the exact same, I don't get on with my room mates really so I spend 90% of the time I'm here in my room. If they have friends over I don't go near the kitchen until I have to.

Like Acoshla says, it's stupid because it's my house too :pac:

I want a blue one if i have a wedding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That's quite average for a wedding dress really, it's a ridiculous amount for a dress IMO but there is a LOT of work in many of them, not all of them mind you, but with lace, beading, serious structure inside them, embroidery, and expensive fabrics I can see where a lot of the cost comes from. We saw one today that was €4,500, it totally didn't look worth it at all! I saw a load for €200 but they're all satin meringues, gah. The style I want isn't very common (I'm the first person to try on the one I love in the shop, nobody wants it!) so it's tough to find reduced cost sample dresses like it, which is annoying because the 12 fits me in every shop, a €200 size 12 would be awesome!

I'm going to a charity wedding dress shop on Monday but they're very luck-of-the-draw, might find the perfect dress, might not, and knowing my luck I won't, especially with this style.

My Mam used to work in a wedding dress shop that would import dresses from China for about 100 each and sell them for 2,500! :eek:
    That was before people could buy them from ebay and the likes though (granted, only 10 years ago).

She also told me yesterday that she'd hidden away some money that is intended for my wedding. I'd always assumed I'd have to pay for it myself. :D
    Though she was mortified when I suggested I use the money for a deposit on a house and just get married in a registry. She's wedding mad, planned out both my sisters for them and even got the job in a bridal shop to get them cheap dresses!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement