Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was going to practice typing for a bit and work on my piano sightreading for an hour or so but somehow I've found myself at the busstop on my way to the beach. Ooops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I hate essays and I hate myself for not starting them sooner! :mad::mad::(

+1 except I'm working on a project, stuck inside all day! Only good thing is that I've decided to use my new printer to print off the stuff - all shiny and new :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Barbecue time!

Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Re-arranged my entire room last night and it looks great now. Which tired me out and I slept in this morning.

Woke up and lay in bed listening to all the happenings outside and the bbq smells while cuddling with boyfriend and the kitties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I almost broke it! Playing football every day and it's intense! Injuries happen but it was really pick on Mars this week.

And this is why I don't do sport! :P

(Just kidding! I like sport these days but I was a serial PE avoider when I was young..convinced that is why I have never even broken a nail!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

What a lovely day! Did a huge kitchen clean out, took the fridge apart and washed everything, the whole shebang. In work now for the night, boo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

musical.x wrote: »
    i'm jumping on the essay train. it's so complicated :(

All aboard!!!!!!!..............I've one to hand in tomorrow and then another two to face into:(

HELP..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Feeling tearful and glum today despite the sun shining, haven't pOsted here in a bit, but bloody glad I looked at the caca milis pics on the page! Yum x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Trying to read my book in the back garden. Puppy is furious at this blatant attention-giving to something that is not him and trying to eat the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Have fallen in to a black hole of time today since I got access to the R&R thread. I spent a good portion of the day literally reading two of the threads. It's nice to have a section of boards to go when you're rightly pissed off, have your rant and be done with it!

For the portion of the day that I wasn't on R&R, I was looking at cars to buy online. Looks like even if my car isn't a complete write off, which I'm of the opinion it is, and one of the lads in work had a look at it yesterday and said it looks like the chassis is damaged, I'm getting a new/new to me anyway car. Having been in an accident in my current car, I don't think I'd feel safe in it again even if it was fixable, and for the damage done and the worth of the car, I'm thinking it'd be cheaper to write it off. I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

So all that time spent on being unproductive, when really I should have been working on a literature review that's due in on Friday. At least I have the whole week off to do it, in between I'd say being dragged around a few car dealerships by my dad, and going to a crash repairs crowd in the morning to get quotations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Daylight savings always throws me. I keep looking at the clock and going "wtf? how is it this late?!" - it's only an hour but jaysus it makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The phrase daylight savings time reminded me of this...

I'm not a lunatic, that phrase is part of the lyrics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Think I drunk texted half the people on my fone last nite :o was worth it though :D

Feel really blessed, I walked into café bar yesterday pondering what I was going to do with my unemployment and bumped into manager there and thought I'd chance my arm asking her was there anything going, turns out one of the girls in the kitchen handed in her notice five minutes previously so when she asked did I have any experience working in a kitchen I was like hells yeah. Dropped in CV and she pretty much said it was just a matter of hanging on a couple of weeks. Met some of the regular staff out last night and they told me she only wanted my cv because she couldn't remember my name but that it was pretty much a sure thing. (apparently manager said loads of nice things about me too which helps)

Reason I left my last job was because I was being fupped over by guy I was working with, wouldn't mind but I gave him the job in the first place. I did it because I had been out of work for three years and knew how difficult it was to be there and I really didn't want to see him in the same situation when he lost his job. We bent over backwards to accommodate him and I thought I was doing him a favour. Turns out when it comes down to it he would be only to eager to see me in that boat. So I really feel like the god's looked kindly on me this weekend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

mariebeth wrote: »
    Have fallen in to a black hole of time today since I got access to the R&R thread. I spent a good portion of the day literally reading two of the threads. It's nice to have a section of boards to go when you're rightly pissed off, have your rant and be done with it!

For the portion of the day that I wasn't on R&R, I was looking at cars to buy online. Looks like even if my car isn't a complete write off, which I'm of the opinion it is, and one of the lads in work had a look at it yesterday and said it looks like the chassis is damaged, I'm getting a new/new to me anyway car. Having been in an accident in my current car, I don't think I'd feel safe in it again even if it was fixable, and for the damage done and the worth of the car, I'm thinking it'd be cheaper to write it off. I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

So all that time spent on being unproductive, when really I should have been working on a literature review that's due in on Friday. At least I have the whole week off to do it, in between I'd say being dragged around a few car dealerships by my dad, and going to a crash repairs crowd in the morning to get quotations.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be choosing either. I've had a few friends have minor accidents in their Yaris and each one crumpled up into a little ball, I'd hate to see one after a serious accident. The Auris is the same, by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Had an awesome day in the park with my friends. Loving the good weather :)

Daylight savings always throws me. I keep looking at the clock and going "wtf? how is it this late?!" - it's only an hour but jaysus it makes a huge difference.
    I was just going to post this! I'm always confused the day after the clocks go forward.. I'm thrown by the missing hour. It's bright when it shouldn't be and my body clock gets mightily perplexed. :o

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

mariebeth wrote: »
    I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

A relative has an Auris which I have to drive from time to time and I hate it. The whole gearstick area is attached to the front and dash and feels very restrictive. If you dropped something in the footwell of the passenger side or it slid off the seat you have to not only stop the car, but have to get out, go around to the passenger side and get it. There are loads of little cubby holes but to be honest, they end up getting filled up with crap,even reaching over to the glove box is a pain because of the centre console and you still cant easily reach for things like CD's while driving safely because they are too awkward to get to.

When you have your lights on, the dash backlight darkens - I like to have my dipped lights on during the day for oncoming cars driving into the sun, but then I cant see (without taking my eyes off the road and peering at the dash) what speed I'm doing! kinda important I think!

It guzzled petrol too, compared to the deisal passat and deisal ford focus I used on the same journey.

Seriously test drive one fully before buying. If I was given a brand new one for free I'd sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Really wish I hadn't been working today while the weather was so nice. Also, patience was not a virtue for many of our customers today :(

Essays, essays, essays....rabble rabble

Hope everyone who was off got to enjoy the sunshine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the sheer ignorance of people is beyond me these days, had this fella earlier start a conversation like this

"yeah my phones not working, whats wrong with it?"
    "ok whats the issue with it?"
    "its not working!"
    "I mean specifically, calls, texts, internet?"
    "calls! sure its a phone isnt it!"
    "o...k...and is it with making or recieving?"
    "ah here look just fix it! *hangs up*
    "..well my work here is done"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FFS, ink is gone in my new printer - I've printed out about 40 pages in colour, and the colour cartridge is gone already - hope I can figure out how to refill it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Was working today so missed the sun. I don't mind, I burn up like a vampire when I come into contact with the tiniest bit of sunlight.

Ive a dodgy farmers tan going on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kiera wrote: »

Welcome to summer! :p

Go out with arm-warmers (or elbow-length ballgown gloves) and a tube top tomorrow to even it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ha ha......................oh dear :/
    krudler wrote: »
    the sheer ignorance of people is beyond me these days, had this fella earlier start a conversation like this

"yeah my phones not working, whats wrong with it?"
    "ok whats the issue with it?"
    "its not working!"
    "I mean specifically, calls, texts, internet?"
    "calls! sure its a phone isnt it!"
    "o...k...and is it with making or recieving?"
    "ah here look just fix it! *hangs up*
    "..well my work here is done"

some people *facepalm*

Words cannot explain how beautiful the night's sky is tonight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Home made burgers and a bottle of ale.

Life is good.

Words cannot explain how beautiful the night's sky is tonight.
    I was just out in my garden and saw a beautiful crescent moon beside one really bright star and had to marvel at how wonderful the sky looked. :)
    I love the moon. I love the rhythm of it, new moon, crescent moon, half moon, full moon... new moon, crescent moon and so on forever... I find the moon very comforting. :o

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    This seems like a disguised way of saying "it's that time of year when I can go outside in skimpy clothes". :pac:
    Not skimpy enough if they've left a farmer's tan!! ;)

Posy wrote: »
    I was just out in my garden and saw a beautiful crescent moon beside one really bright star and had to marvel at how wonderful the sky looked. :)
    I love the moon. I love the rhythm of it, new moon, crescent moon, half moon, full moon... new moon, crescent moon and so on forever... I find the moon very comforting. :o

The stars are what comforts me, hence why I got some tattooed on me. The crescent moon is phenomenal, but there's no clouds here and little light pollution at my family home, so ... wow.

This seems like a disguised way of saying "it's that time of year when I can go outside in skimpy clothes". :pac:
    Ha the public would not like to see me in skimpy clothes :p

My top had cap sleeves so that's where the dodgy tan comes from.

Cap sleeves?

Are they just normal sleeves that every t-shirt has?

Can't beat a bit of skimp! :p
    They're shotter than a normal tshirt sleeve. Bearly there...

They're shotter than a normal tshirt sleeve. Bearly there...
    Ohhh.

They're all the in thing these days. Good few of my tees have those too.
    Do you shop in girls shops?

:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What a fabulous day. I honestly think there is nowhere in the world quite like Galway on a sunny day. Walking down Quay St with my sunglasses to have a few cans at the Spanish Arch. Sitting by the water with people playing the guitar and spontaneous sing songs, everyone in a good mood. I do love Ireland :D

Galway was in great form today, Daisies. I was thinking the same myself earlier. Really nice atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Galway was in great form today, Daisies. I was thinking the same myself earlier. Really nice atmosphere.

Fab, had a permanent smile on my face. Me and my friend were actually saying that there was nowhere in the world we would rather have been today. So relaxed, sun shining, as we said "That's what living is about".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Must remember not to bake when I'm bored. Have just eaten 3/4 of a pineapple upside down cake. Whoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Babybuff wrote: »
    last night I posted about quitting my job, today I went for coffee and found a new one. So I did the right thing and got drunk with my new workmates.
    Congratulations on your new job, fair play to you for getting one so quickly.
    I've spent my Sunday so far cleaning! :(

Kitchen mopped, hoovered, cleaned. On the upside it's now spotless!

I need a cleaner....
    Myself and my boyfriend cleaned his house yesterday, he started cleaning the cooker and I finished it, it was actually like a brand new cooker, so shiny.
    Posy wrote: »
    I was going to practice typing for a bit and work on my piano sightreading for an hour or so but somehow I've found myself at the busstop on my way to the beach. Ooops.
    Jealous! What beach did you go to?

Myself and my boyfriend went to Dollymount Strand last year on one of our first dates, was an awesome day, lying by the beach on a hot day, ahh bliss.
    Feeling tearful and glum today despite the sun shining, haven't pOsted here in a bit, but bloody glad I looked at the caca milis pics on the page! Yum x
    *hugs* hope you feel better soon :)

Had a great day today, myself and my boyfriend and my boyfriend sister went into town for some lunch, then walked by the river and spent some time at my house, then came over to my boyfriends house and getting Chinese now.

Love those relaxing days, where you plan them the day before, expect a normal-ish day, but turn out to be better than expected :D

Hope everyone here had a nice day :)

Lunar eclipse, I think. Or else someone stole the moon.

This makes me think of that jaffa cake advert. :D

Full moon,
    Half moon,
    TOTAL eclpise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dtmRmOHK78

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Galway was gorgeous today. I even went for this thing called a "walk" :p T'was lovely.

In other news.. we had this fox in our estate, we see her from our balcony at night every once in a while, and over the winter we have been leaving food out for her. She had babies !!! :D:D

We couldnt see them but could hear them wailing when she left the den. Bawwww!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just booked me some flights. 6 weeks until I go to Lanzarote. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh, feel like crap since I got home, stupid air conditioning in work was blasting all day, was nice earlier when it was warm out, not so much after you've been sitting under it for over 8hrs, we cant turn it off either its centrally controlled, fcuk sake. have a pounding headache and am all shivery now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ugh, my heart is in my mouth. Why do I always have to take risks right before I go to bed!? I won't know how it turns out until the morning but I won't be able to sleep easy until I know. Grumble grumble.

Today was SUCH a delightfully sunny day. Sandwiches and ice cream in Stephen's Green tomorrow for lunch if this keeps up! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement