Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I tried that and I was told I couldn't take a joke. Ah I do need to toughen up, I let people get to me too easily and they know so they keep at it.

I was very like you Jane when I lived at home. My parents did my head in and were always at me to go back to college/get a better job/do x y and z. Did my head in, as soon as I started making enough money I was out of there, even if it meant I was living on a shoestring budget. And with the distance between us we get on a hell of a lot better
    However bad things are, they'll get better in time x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Orla K wrote: »
    And butter is healthy!

You know what I mean, recipes FULL of things that shouldn't be eaten in large amounts, I just said butter because I remember one cookie recipe she did that was about a month's worth of butter, sugar and chocolate in one cookie, but she's like "Oh they're so good at 2am, sneak down and have one".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah the only thing stopping me moving out on my own is money. I'd just love my own space. Thanks for your reply bubblefett. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    I just hate that she perpetuates this "Go on, treat yourself" approach while struggling with her own weight. Like the Hairy Bikers, incredibly overweight men telling you to make really buttery, cheesy, calorific foods!

I get what you're saying. It's kind of nice though to watch her show sometimes because so many of the others are all about the healthy versions of stuff. There's ones that tell you to use the likes of cooking spray and Flora(!) instead of actual butter. I can't take those people seriously.

edit - mind you, there was one episode where Nigella made honeycomb for someone and supposedly ate the whole thing in the taxi on the way there. That kind of sh*te is so contrived and annoys me. But some of her stuff is lush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Orla K wrote: »

And butter is healthy!

really? thought it was bad for you, why are we eating all that flora sh1te then?! back to real butter I go so

butter is better

krudler wrote: »
    really? thought it was bad for you, why are we eating all that flora sh1te then?! back to real butter I go so

If you've high cholesterol and jazz it's better for you.

Oh God Kian Egan is on Celebrity Juice, my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Fake manufactured pseudo-healthy crap = bad
    Real natural food that your grandparents probably ate = grand

:)

Oh God Kian Egan is on Celebrity Juice, my brain.

butter is better or flora? theres heart disease in my family alright so I try to keep mine in check, I have enough wrong with me lol

the eleventh doctor action theme is great if you want to feel motivated and get up and go :o

• Advertisement

butter is better or flora? theres heart disease in my family alright so I try to keep mine in check, I have enough wrong with me lol

Sorry Flora is better if trying to keep cholesterol in check, and plant sterols etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    the eleventh doctor action theme is great if you want to feel motivated and get up and go :o

No better way to feel like an awesome superhero while washing the dishes. <protip>You have to be careful not to get too vigorous scrubbing the pots though or you'll end up soaked. </protip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Booking my first holiday with the OH half today. So fricking excited! This is going to be so much fun! :)

Sorry Flora is better if trying to keep cholesterol in check, and plant sterols etc.

ah, thats ok then, I only really use butter/spread on toast, and even then its only a small bit, turns my stomach when theres big thick lumps of it on sandwiches, shudder. its one of the few things I dont like with food. last week I got a sausage sandwich in a deli, told her about 4 times NO BUTTER, just a bit of ketchup, she fcuking drowned the bread in butter, was actually soaking through it when I unwrapped it, vile! I think she thought I was saying MOAR BUTTER.

ah, thats ok then, I only really use butter/spread on toast, and even then its only a small bit, turns my stomach when theres big thick lumps of it on sandwiches, shudder. its one of the few things I dont like with food. last week I got a sausage sandwich in a deli, told her about 4 times NO BUTTER, just a bit of ketchup, she fcuking drowned the bread in butter, was actually soaking through it when I unwrapped it, vile! I think she thought I was saying MOAR BUTTER.

did you give it back

bluewolf wrote: »
    did you give it back

I was on my way to work so didnt realise till i got there, boourns

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I really like Rachel Allen, never thought her accent was irritating.

My first proper cookbook was by Rachel Allen (I was 9) and it was really easy to follow and everything I made would work first time. She's explains all the basics really well.

I'm going to make the lemon cake she made on the show tonight for my mum (she *loves* anything with lemon in it). Those scones looked really nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

You know what I mean, recipes FULL of things that shouldn't be eaten in large amounts, I just said butter because I remember one cookie recipe she did that was about a month's worth of butter, sugar and chocolate in one cookie, but she's like "Oh they're so good at 2am, sneak down and have one".

Butter, in moderation! you must be mad!

The stupid lipid hypothesis just accepted without any proper evidence showing it was true and everyone just excepted it and now we can see lots of evidence to see it's not true but places that support it are having trouble admitting they are wrong and are all tricking people into eating shíte like flora. You'll notice that no where on any flora product it will say that it will reduce your rick of heart disease.

Butter is still better!

Butter!!!!

Ye know the think I don't even like the taste of butter:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Screw butter. Give me some coconut oil instead!

• Advertisement

No, butter and fat is far better for your cholesterol and if you do have high cholesterol well then you'd be better off finding out what is wrong with your body that you do have high cholesterol and look at all the numbers in your lipid profile. I should add that cholesterol is what heals your body so you could be reducing the bodies abilities to heal itself

i keep meaning to buy it and never get around to it

Ghee!!!

Still haven't made it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

hey hey heyheyheyhey! does "dibs" mean nothing anymore? its almost as sacred as "shotgun"
    Dibs? :o

Boyfriend gone home now :(

Had a nice dinner today, rib eye steak, mashed spuds, fried mushrooms and onion, brussel sprouts and gravy.

Going to see the Titanic 3D tomorrow with my boyfriend, his friend and his friends girlfriend, should be fun :)

My cousin, his girlfriend and their three kids are coming home tomorrow too, for two weeks :) Will be nice to see them, gonna be a busy week ahead I think :)

Really want to make some bread, but I can't. I've a burst blister on the middle finger of my left hand from when I burned it last weekend :( Hope it goes soon, it's a horrid looking thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dibs? :o

Bagsy!

I feel better now. :o

• Advertisement

Just got an email back about my refund and they're going to give it to me. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Some of you will think I'm ungrateful for saying this. But you think in my 32 yrs on this planet my family would know me by now. I've just been given a very large butlers Easter egg from my Mam and a large galaxy one from my sister. Wtf am I meant to do with these now? I despise chocolate!

Give them to your husband who is from cork of course,duhhhh :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres only one person I can watch on cookery shows

bio-nigella-lawson_al.jpg

at 52 still smoking hot

52 eh :eek:

*wolf whistles*

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today...this time last year, I was struggling to find any clothes to fit me... after dropping 6 dress sizes I'm so much happier and confident:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.. and I think I actually should have bought a 10, the 12 keep slipping down around the waist. I've already taken the tags off, but I'll go back over the weekend and try the 10, if they fit I won't care that I wasted money on jeans that were worn for 2 days :p

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today...this time last year, I was struggling to find any clothes to fit me... after dropping 6 dress sizes I'm so much happier and confident:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.. and I think I actually should have bought a 10, the 12 keep slipping down around the waist. I've already taken the tags off, but I'll go back over the weekend and try the 10, if they fit I won't care that I wasted money on jeans that were worn for 2 days :p

That's inspirational. Well done. :D x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just watched tonight's episode of The Zoo... I want a baby marmoset! Sooo cute!

How did Billy Joel just break my heart?

That can't be right.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

My dress is in the sorting office in Portlaoise :D
    But 'cos of the Easter Holidays I probably won't get it til next week, boo-urns!

awec wrote: »
    Hands up if you're working tomorrow! :(

*raises hand* and Saturday :(

Yup I'm in tomorrow.

Yay?

Haven't worked on a saturday or a sunday in at least 3 or 4 years and don't plan on ever doing so again.

Ouch for you! :(

We don't open on Easter Sunday so at least that's a guaranteed day off! Back in on Monday though :(

Hands up if you're working tomorrow! :(

I am, doesnt bother me though, its not a bank holiday, but it should be quiet, and I get an extra days holidays for working it, thanks jesus!

once you've worked a few christmas days the concept of having a day off just because other people do is lost forever.

Sometimes I hate Xboxes.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I hate Xboxes.

xbox widow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Bittersweet last day of lectures. Didn't get a chance to see any of my fourth year friends which made me really sad, must meet up with them for coffee and chats during the exams. Feels a bit like life is moving too fast, but there's not much I can do about it.

Going to have a lie in tomorrow before I study. I'm very much looking forward to it, can't remember the last time I got a decent night's sleep and hopefully it'll clear my head so I can get stuff done!

I still haven't got over this notion of closing the pubs on a friday. Does not compute.

This strangeness is alien to me.

well I'd be of the thinking that religion has no place in law these days, but if you look at it as the one day aside from christmas day where pub workers, who work every crappy big drinking day, match day, friday and saturday, bank holiday sundays, all over xmas and new years etc etc, get a day off.

Im not sure why people make such a big deal about not being able to go to the pub tbh, if it was a normal friday most people wouldnt be arsed about going out anyway, you've still got saturday and sunday to go out and can drink at home tomorrow.

xbox widow?

Yep. I kinda need to text him tonight coz I feel a bit low but he's either playing COD or Resident Evil. Basically he's shooting things. He gets completely lost it it and kinda forgets about me..

Yep. I kinda need to text him tonight coz I feel a bit low but he's either playing COD or Resident Evil. Basically he's shooting things. He gets completely lost it it and kinda forgets about me..

Maybe you could try to get some sleep and talk to him in the morning? It is late after all, I've been known to fall asleep before texting someone back! :)

Dolorous wrote: »
    Maybe you could try to get some sleep and talk to him in the morning? It is late after all, I've been known to fall asleep before texting someone back! :)

Yeah I probably should. I know he's not asleep though. I dunno what's up with me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Working tomorrow, first of 11 days straight. *thinks of the money*

Sometimes I hate Xboxes.
    +1

If I'm honest, they bore me to hell.

Just had a message from dad on Facebook, telling me that my siblings arrived there today, how they wish I was there and what they've been doing the past few days.

I honestly think that they couldn't give a flying sh!te whether or not I was there.

It's put me into a bad mood again.

I'm the only one of my dad's family who wasn't invited. I was meant to ring him last weekend, but couldn't because he was busy, so he said I could ring him on Monday night and he'd text me a time to ring him at, no text. Got a few half arsed texts from him, but that was it.

Honestly how can it get to me this much? It's pathetic.

• Advertisement

Yeah I probably should. I know he's not asleep though. I dunno what's up with me tonight.
    *hugs* Jane, if you want to PM me you can. I'll be up for a while anyway :)

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement