Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I want something to eat but can't figure out what....and it is driving me crazy!!!!!

Toast is always the answer in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Lola92 wrote: »
    Sounds like the weight loss is having an effect Links! Congrats, it must be really exciting to see the results coming on over time :)

yeah, I think the weight loss was probably a factor, but there's definitely other changes, my chest has definitely gotten smaller from the hormone treatment and I think that's still happening. one thing I was really worried about was the possibility that my boobs would get smaller when I was losing weight, but that's not happened at all. :)

it's kinda weird sometimes though, changes are happening that I didn't really expect, like I've been looking at my toes lately and they just look so different, like not chunky any more and more slender if that makes sense? hormones are magic sometimes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Golf can be exciting when you're chasing golf balls.

theball.gif

oh, as far as weight loss goes, I'm afraid I might have put a little bit on again after this week, had quite a bit of chocolate over the past few days :p kill me though, I'm gonna go crazy on the exercise bike during the week though :D

still, my Firefly T-shirt that I shrunk in the wash a while back isn't feeling so small any more, so yay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dolorous wrote: »
    Honestly Jane, you need to apply for these things in the hundreds, not tens. Don't be disouraged, it's really competitive out there!

Yeah you're probably right. It's easy to get discouraged after this long though.

oh, and please tell me that someone else here is a fan of the venture bros. ? :) pretty please :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lola92 wrote: »
    I can compensate with chocolate and a comfy couch in case you pass out of the tiredness :pac:

Sounds like the weight loss is having an effect Links! Congrats, it must be really exciting to see the results coming on over time :)

done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

done!

I still want my omlette first... I can offer you chocolate, tea and a spare bed :D

( i really want that omlette)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yeah you're probably right. It's easy to get discouraged after this long though.

Yeah I can imagine. It's crazy how scarce jobs are now.

My lovely mam has offered to get our wedding photographer as a present :) We also booked the band this weekend, result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I've been gone for a week and there's a billionty pages to catch up on:eek:

Any kind person care to summarise for me?? Pwetty pwease??:D

someone else here must like the venture brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lucyfur wrote: »

Yup!
    Some peeps are happy,
    Some peeps are sad.
    Some peeps are angry,
    Some peeps are glad.
    But at the end of the day folks,
    Life ain't all that bad!!

(awesum rhyming off the cuff brought to you by panthro!)

Panthro wrote: »
    Yup!
    Some peeps are happy,
    Some peeps are sad.
    Some peeps are angry,
    Some peeps are glad.
    But at the end of the day folks,
    Life ain't all that bad!!

(awesum rhyming off the cuff brought to you by panthro!)

But but but WHICH peeps are happy and which peeps are sad and which peeps are angry and which peeps are glad:confused::confused:

Us wimmins be hard work:D:D

Basically, Sephiroth_dude is making us all omlettes, delivering them to us via bike in exchange for lindt chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

good God Padraic Delaney and Cillian Murphy are absolute beauts! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Basically, Sephiroth_dude is making us all omlettes, delivering them to us via bike in exchange for lindt chocolates.

I am :-|?

Any chance he'd accept an omelette for some chocolate??

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I just kicked the door and my toe hurts so badly :mad:

Sweet jebus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

just had a soak in the bath, got this new shower cream, it was on offer http://www.originalsource.co.uk/skin-care-products/vanilla-milk-and-raspberry

its the nicest smell ever, so good i wanted to taste it, so i gave my arm a lick, doesnt taste as nice as it smells :( i came downstairs and my husband could smell me a mile off, said i smell good enough to eat :O, he had to fight the urge to bite me.

I've got a feeling his going to be dreaming his cuddling a giant starwberry and cream (thats what i smell like) and will start taking chunks out of me :O

Gutted boots don't sell this :( really want to try this one now!! plus it's vegan and all good for you.

Damn you grindelwald :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

musical.x wrote: »
    Gutted boots don't sell this :( really want to try this one now!! plus it's vegan and all good for you.

Damn you grindelwald :P

I have the handwash that I got in Dunnes but I'm pretty sure I saw some Original Source stuff in Boots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Daisies wrote: »
    I have the handwash that I got in Dunnes but I'm pretty sure I saw some Original Source stuff in Boots!

oh they have some stuff but not the particular smell that grindelwald is talking about :D i might just try the shea butter one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I still want my omlette first... I can offer you chocolate, tea and a spare bed :D

( i really want that omlette)
    *coughlovesmemorecough*
    Any chance he'd accept an omelette for some chocolate??

That's just not the way it works Lucyfur! Hope you and the little man had a nice Easter!
    I am :-|?
    I got fed up waiting so I made my own. Cooked Ham, mushrooms, onions and red cheddar. I got fed up waiting for it to cook like an omelette though so it ended up more scrambled looking :P Tasty though!
    musical.x wrote: »
    oh they have some stuff but not the particular smell that grindelwald is talking about i might just try the shea butter one.

It might just be in your local one that they don't have it? I love their stuff. My bf got me one before, I think it was cranberry? It was amazing anyway :)

stupid fcukin film making me weep like a baby!!! :(

I measured myself, and my chest has definetly gotten smaller, I will need to get another bra fitting sometime soon. It's crazy how much my chest has shrunk, I'll probably be down to a 36. I used to wear a 46" jacket would you believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Links234 wrote: »
    I measured myself, and my chest has definetly gotten smaller, I will need to get another bra fitting sometime soon. It's crazy how much my chest has shrunk, I'll probably be down to a 36. I used to wear a 46" jacket would you believe?

When I started to read this I thought, oh no your boobs are getting smaller, thats terrible:(. I was quite relieved that you meant your actual chest:). Jaypers thats some difference, you must be delighted. Well, ok, Im assuming its a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

bluewolf wrote: »
    i've forgotten most of what i learned i would say, but if you need a hand with physics or maths then yell

I might take you up on that! I remember reading in one of the other volumes of this thread that you're like a genius. Lectures say the first years stuff is really basic and that we shouldn't have problems (yet I do)...then again I suppose they would say that...what with their phds and all :D

I didn't get an easter egg...but I did get dark chocolate covered gojiberries :cool: (if there was ever a healthy chocolate snack - this is it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Sorry, I didn't see your post on the last page. Thats great re the weight loss and boobs getting bigger.

yeah tigger, I really am delighted ;)

it's not just the weight loss though, it's all my upper body muscle changing. my shoulders are like way smaller than they used to be too, it's really quite a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Had a horrible moment with a housemate tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

SarahBeep! wrote: »

You ok?

• Advertisement

kate.m wrote: »
    I might take you up on that! I remember reading in one of the other volumes of this thread that you're like a genius. Lectures say the first years stuff is really basic and that we shouldn't have problems (yet I do)...then again I suppose they would say that...what with their phds and all :D

I didn't get an easter egg...but I did get dark chocolate covered gojiberries :cool: (if there was ever a healthy chocolate snack - this is it)

Sometimes I feel clueless on the stuff im studying right now, then I look at the LC maths stuff and feel much better :pac:
    most of what i remember from first year college is that we did applied maths-type stuff in mathsphys and skipping all the lectures for everything else but um yeah, i might be able to help :D

don't worry, lecturers always say that
    even in final year one would be doing a proof, skip from one bit to another with "it is trivial to show that..." and we'd be there going "eh no it isn't!!"
    we joked that we'd do the same in the exam if we were stuck and couldn't remember something :pac:

speaking of studying, time to get cracking soon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I must have had some nightmares or something last night that I can't remember, woke up crying a bit and still feel quite sad :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Same as, so mu h so that I'm wondering how to avoid him for the next few days

i really need to stop coming home to the family for long periods of time

i seem to gain about 50 stone everytime i come home! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I got a Lily O'Brien's rocky road Easter egg.. yep the actual egg shell has bits of biscuit and marshmallow in it! :D I didn't realise until I cracked it, it just looked like a normal egg in the box. The knowledge that such a thing exists has made my day infinitely better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Im only climbing out of bed now :O i never sleep in late NEVER! must have been because i stayed up to watch 'the wind that shakes the barley'

Just had a cream egg for breakfast... :D

I got my original source in Dunnes, not a bad offer on it either.... I dont need it on offer to buy it again.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Great day yesterday, made a lamb dinner for my mother's birthday. Then some folks came over for boardgames. Went to bed jacked and woke up two hours later for an insomnia-fest.

Which one of you did I catch it from? Own up!

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Golf can be exciting when you're chasing golf balls.

theball.gif

I'm still laughing at it after watching it 10 times last night!!!

Good Easter, very relaxing Sunday watching the golf, load of chocolate around the house - challenge accepted :P

Happy Easter everyone!

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Great day yesterday, made a lamb dinner for my mother's birthday.

cool, hope she liked it

I cooked dinner for my mum yesterday too, but I gotta laugh, she complained that everything wasn't cooked enough. :pac:

Hello loungers, how are we all today? :) xx

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hello loungers, how are we all today? :) xx

I feel like a blob after all the chocolate I ate yesterday :p

how about you?

I feel like a blob after all the chocolate I ate yesterday :p

how about you?

Mmmm chocolate.. :D

I somehow forgot to have my Easter egg yesterday. :eek: I'll eat it later, don't worry. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

kate.m wrote: »

Can only refer to experience for chemistry, but lecturers seem to use the future years as a barometer. What is one paper at the end of first year divides into three separate 2 or 3 hour papers after first year. So first year is a kind of summary or agglomeration of the key points in a topic before going in-depth.

They forget this summary is hard enough as it is, especially if there's people who haven't done Leaving Cert chemistry..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

cool, hope she liked it

I cooked dinner for my mum yesterday too, but I gotta laugh, she complained that everything wasn't cooked enough. :pac:

No, she's very polite. Even if it was horrendous she'd tell me she loved it. It was gorgeous though. mmmm.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Can only refer to experience for chemistry, but lecturers seem to use the future years as a barometer. What is one paper at the end of first year divides into three separate 2 or 3 hour papers after first year. So first year is a kind of summary or agglomeration of the key points in a topic before going in-depth.

They forget this summary is hard enough as it is, especially if there's people who haven't done Leaving Cert chemistry..

I know what you mean, I've being trying to revise all the basics before getting through the lectures. Quite a bit of what they expected us to know wasn't covered in the LC though - they assume we already know certain things and then omit them from the lecture slides?...made things quite confusing!

On another note - Just found out (the hard way) that you can get coldsores on your nose :eek:....I've got coldsores before but I've a really bad headache/fever this time round which hasn't happened before...

i didnt realise mini-amy pond was karen gillan's cousin
    that's cool

Kate.m get yourself some lysine from a health food shop, esp if you get cold sores regularly.A friend recommended it to me, take double the dose when you have a coldsore and it gets rid of it much quicker.

Daisies wrote: »
    Kate.m get yourself some lysine from a health food shop, esp if you get cold sores regularly.A friend recommended it to me, take double the dose when you have a coldsore and it gets rid of it much quicker.

I haven't got one in a while - (about last august) but I'll definitely get some of that later! Is it a tablet?

I was reading up about coldsores online (procrastinating) and I came across the word lysine...didn't know I could buy it.
    Thanks a lot! :)

Think I'm gonna cry. Have to give away the big doggie cause we can't find a house with a garden for him that's a decent price :(

The OH has the god damn man flu.. But he won't take pain killers, or vitamin C, or lemsip or anything... Driving me nuts complaining but won't do anything about it.
    And he has no regard for the fact that we've to move in 3 weeks and we still haven't got a place to live.

If I hear the phrase "Ah it'll be grand shur something will come up" one more time, he's getting kicked in the hole :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement