Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

*pulls her own finger*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I do know that nobody intended to hurt me but I can't help how I feel. I do feel that taking a break might be a good idea so that's what I'm going to do.

I do like Kiera's attempt to diffuse the situation though.. Lol.

Later guys. x

I had chicken for lunch. Isn't chicken great? Yes it is!

*looks around hopefully*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jaysus there's some atmosphere in here today.

Tea for everyone. Tea fixes all!

Sure didn't the Lord himself pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

*Enters thread*

:eek:

Oh look everyone a puppy!

35722_411809937258_2908012_n.jpg

My pooch when he was a pup :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bluewolf wrote: »

*looks around hopefully*

It's only massive i tells ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That_Guy wrote: »
    Sure didn't the Lord himself pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world?

Tea and a chocolate egg. Yes. Indeed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*looks around hopefully*

It is,espically chopped up and in pitta bread : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

*looks around hopefully*

Too much chicken in this house! Husband can't gave red meat it makes his foot go crazy with gout, he can't have pork it upsets his tummy, and we hate fish. do we ate left with chicken and turkey. It it wasn't for chicken we would be vegetarians. ..

I concur chicken is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I have just discovered I have 5 new tenants in my back garden, a mummy cat and 4 gorgeous and cute kittens......:D

It would be much better if I wanst scared of cats :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The following things are annoying me today:

- being broke again one day after payday. Thanks for nothing, Sarries...

- the fact that I'm going to have to cancel a date tomorrow due to said brokeness.

- the manager who insists on coming all the way around my desk to stand behind me every time he comes into my office. Wtf is that about???

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    *Enters thread*

:eek:

Oh look everyone a puppy!

35722_411809937258_2908012_n.jpg:D

My pooch when he was a pup :D

A puppy, I love puppies and kittens, And all things soft and fluffy

Tea and a chocolate egg. Yes. Indeed.

I'm all out if chocolate egg, is it so bad I keep breaking a bit off the kids eggs hoping they dont notice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

bluewolf your dog looks awesome! A friend has a similar breed dog and I just love how they look :D

I'm feeling rather upbeat today :D I also might have a sneaky bag of crisps and then get off my arse and go walking with my dogs. I'm sure the fella would come if I bribe him with an ice cream :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Being off work sick has made me realise (A) some amount of trashy reality TV (B) I never take time to chill out

Must make Tea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Being off work sick has made me realise (A) some amount of trashy reality TV (B) I never take time to chill out

Me too! I wish I had the energy to get out of bad though. A hot chocolate would go down well now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh, if we're posting puppy pics, here's the 2 most important girls in my life :)

http://i.imgur.com/YvXpl.jpg

Edit: pic too big, so linking it instead :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    It's hard no to be hurt by a lot of what was said actually. I don't think people were nasty for the sake of it but I am also entitled to be hurt. I know opportunities are not going to just come knocking on my door, that's why I'm going back to college in September to give myself more options. Thanks for the reply to my post though.

I really like you as a poster, Jane. I mean, I really like you. You always take the time to sympathise with posters who are having a tough time and you're there to share in their happiness too. You're a great person to have around, a real asset to the thread imo. I think it would be a shame for you to stop posting, honestly I do.

I don't think anyone was trying to hurt your feelings, more so just pointing out something which might actually make your life a little better. You're always so considerate to your boyfriend - posting about not waking him up, him being sick etc. Can he really be sick all that much? If he is, he should see a doctor. Otherwise, just wake him up. Be stronger. Be more assertive. You come across as extra lovely (and that's a wonderful quality) but sometimes you just need to stop worrying about everything, and do something.

I hope I'm not being horrible 'cause as I've said, I genuinely like you and I don't want you upset. I know it must be so hard to be finished college and not be able to find a job, and I know that's probably why you and your mam fight all the time, 'cause you're in each others hairs a lot but get out there, sweetheart. Don't stay at home fighting and feeling like you can't text your boyfriend for whatever reason. Get yourself busy 'cause I promise it'll help with all the other stuff.

I hope I'm not crossing the line here, feel free to tell me if I am. And I hope I haven't made you feel worse. I just didn't want you to think you were being attacked from all angles, 'cause really I think it's just concern. On my part it is anyway. If you were my friend (in real life!), this is what I would say to you. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Wow I've missed quite a morning

So I'm fighting the return of an infection/virus that put me in hospital 2 years ago boourns! :(
    Doctor suggested I take lots of milk cause my meds are so strong, I asked would strawberry/chocolate milk do, she said yes. Sickness score!!
    Now I plan on spending the week watching all the classic doctor whos on netflix.
    If I could talk/walk/eat this would be the best house holiday ever! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

bubblefett wrote: »
    Doctor suggested I take lots of milk cause my meds are so strong, I asked would strawberry/chocolate milk do, she said yes. Sickness score!!

Heh, I like your doctor. I prescribe Chocolate Milk!

Wow I've missed quite a morning

So I'm fighting the return of an infection/virus that put me in hospital 2 years ago boourns! :(
    Now I plan on spending the week watching all the classic doctor whos on netflix.
    If I could talk/walk/eat this would be the best house holiday ever! :P

Loving the it crowd on netflix.

Are you going to drink yazzoo or are you going go make your own with nesquick?

When my ulcer kicks up stink I have to drink gallons of milk or milkshakes :D

Hope you
    Get better soon,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I have just discovered I have 5 new tenants in my back garden, a mummy cat and 4 gorgeous and cute kittens......:D

It would be much better if I wanst scared of cats :eek:

Be careful or you might end up with 20 cats in your garden! It won't be long till the mammy cats in heat again.

Is it feral or tame? If it's tame it might be one of your neighbours, if it's feral you might have alot of trouble a head of you with unneutered cats reproducing alot more than once and to a litter of 3-5 kittens(who then start start having kittens sooner than you'd think)

Novella wrote: »
    I really like you as a poster, Jane. I mean, I really like you. You always take the time to sympathise with posters who are having a tough time and you're there to share in their happiness too. You're a great person to have around, a real asset to the thread imo. I think it would be a shame for you to stop posting, honestly I do.

I don't think anyone was trying to hurt your feelings, more so just pointing out something which might actually make your life a little better. You're always so considerate to your boyfriend - posting about not waking him up, him being sick etc. Can he really be sick all that much? If he is, he should see a doctor. Otherwise, just wake him up. Be stronger. Be more assertive. You come across as extra lovely (and that's a wonderful quality) but sometimes you just need to stop worrying about everything, and do something.

I hope I'm not being horrible 'cause as I've said, I genuinely like you and I don't want you upset. I know it must be so hard to be finished college and not be able to find a job, and I know that's probably why you and your mam fight all the time, 'cause you're in each others hairs a lot but get out there, sweetheart. Don't stay at home fighting and feeling like you can't text your boyfriend for whatever reason. Get yourself busy 'cause I promise it'll help with all the other stuff.

I hope I'm not crossing the line here, feel free to tell me if I am. And I hope I haven't made you feel worse. I just didn't want you to think you were being attacked from all angles, 'cause really I think it's just concern. On my part it is anyway. If you were my friend (in real life!), this is what I would say to you. x

+1 here Jane, especially the part in bold. It's so rare to find someone in this world with as good a heart as you, you strike me as someone who is genuinely a good person and doesn't have a bad bone in her body. Everyone just wants what's best for you love, we hate to see you get yourself upset over things and not try overcome them.
    If you'd like to take some time away from this thread then by all means do but just remember you'll be welcomed back with open arms anytime x

Orla K wrote: »
    Be careful or you might end up with 20 cats in your garden! It won't be long till the mammy cats in heat again.

Is it feral or tame? If it's tame it might be one of your neighbours, if it's feral you might have alot of trouble a head of you with unneutered cats reproducing alot more than once and to a litter of 3-5 kittens(who then start start having kittens sooner than you'd think)

They are feral alright, part of the ever growing colony here in our area. We have cats everywhere, but we are hoping our local welfare group are going to help out with the situation soon as it is way out of hand already.

ihsb wrote: »

Me too! I wish I had the energy to get out of bad though. A hot chocolate would go down well now.

Here you go ;) It does suck cant wait until i can breathe again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Bluewolf and Links - gorgeous doggies! Love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who wished me luck yesterday for the driving test..... and I just passed!!! :D Absolutely can't believe it, I totally didn't think I'd get it, still in shock. Better go celebrate now for the evening ;)

• Advertisement

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who wished me luck yesterday for the driving test..... and I just passed!!! :D Absolutely can't believe it, I totally didn't think I'd get it, still in shock. Better go celebrate now for the evening ;)

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

jujibee wrote: »
    Heh, I like your doctor. I prescribe Chocolate Milk!

Strawberrys my no 1 but considering how much I plan to drink it over this week I figure a chocolate change will be nice. I will be having hot chocolates too :)
    Loving the it crowd on netflix.

Are you going to drink yazzoo or are you going go make your own with nesquick?

When my ulcer kicks up stink I have to drink gallons of milk or milkshakes :D

Hope you
    Get better soon,

Oooh never though of nesquick, will have to send the OH out for some later. I'm having Mooju milk at the moment. Tempted to call Eddie Rockets and order 10 malts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Osky rocks!!! He's so cute :-)

Dolorous, don't know how you can resist trying your dress on, mine won't come in until August and I'm already so excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

ellieh1 wrote: »
    They are feral alright, part of the ever growing colony here in our area. We have cats everywhere, but we are hoping our local welfare group are going to help out with the situation soon as it is way out of hand already.

Perhaps you, your neighbours and the welfare group could all work together to do a tnr programme, the animal welfare groups don't have much money and are struggling, so if everyone in the area paid 2euro (depend on how many people are living there) for the vet free to get it neutered it would go a long way.

Strawberrys my no 1 but considering how much I plan to drink it over this week I figure a chocolate change will be nice. I will be having hot chocolates too :)

Oooh never though of nesquick, will have to send the OH out for some later. I'm having Mooju milk at the moment. Tempted to call Eddie Rockets and order 10 malts :D

There Malts are to die for.... they are the best ever, nothing compares to them....

I like the fries too but when the ulcer kicks up there malts hit the spot, 10 days of nothing but chocolate malts :D yummy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Lola92 wrote: »
    Dooooo itttt! And then PM us all pictures :D

Okay, I snuck into an unused room to try it on, it'd be cruel to wait til I got home :D It's really well made, it looks just like the real dress! Can't PM pics just now as it's too small, but that's okay as I ordered that way to accommodate losing weight. The armholes are made for a little Chinese lady though, will definitely have to get those altered! Other than that it's just perfect, I'm well chuffed!

Edit: I'll PM pics of the 'real' dress to anyone who's interested, it's pretty much exactly the same!

• Advertisement

*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Dolorous wrote: »
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Dooooo itttt! And then PM us all pictures :D

Okay, I snuck into an unused room to try it on, it's be cruel to wait til I got home :D It's really well made, it looks just like the real dress! Can't PM pics just now as it's too small, but that's okay as I ordered that way to accommodate losing weight. The armholes are made for a little Chinese lady though, will definitely have to get those altered! Other than that it's just perfect, I'm well chuffed!
    Oh delighted for you.One of my college friends got engaged on Mon and she said that she can't wait to get the gang together for the big shindig.As old as I now feel, that friends are getting married, I CAN'T wait for the wedding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Loving all the puppy pics:D

Just got a shirt and tie collar delivered for mums dog. It's a little bit awesome:D

Dol, I'm thrilled your dress it what you expected:D I can't wait to buy mine, I just need to loose a billion stone first, but I'm on to it:D:D

*edit*

Congrats teletext, tis a great feeling!

Yay well done !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, TeletextPear, yaaaay! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Feels like I've been trapped in a 90 year olds body since Sat, silly silly nervous system of mine. On the plus side a dress I ordered for a summer wedding I'm going to arrived this morning, the quality and detail is incredible considering it was only €35, well chuffed!

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Feels like I've been trapped in a 90 year olds body since Sat, silly silly nervous system of mine. On the plus side a dress I ordered for a summer wedding I'm going to arrived this morning, the quality and detail is incredible considering it was only €35, well chuffed!

:D

PIC'S ?

Hope you you are feeling better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Going out this weekend for 2 nights. Debating whether to just put on one layer of tan or two. Oh decisions decisions!!

Going out this weekend for 2 nights. Debating whether to just put on one layer of tan or two. Oh decisions decisions!!

None, pale and interesting is in this season!

i also vote pale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

None, down with fake tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh no, I couldn't go pale. People think I'm sick when I've no tan on.

And my friend I'm going out with has been in OZ so she's lovely a brown, i'd look even whiter...almost transparent.

I'm getting my gruaige done on Friday. Depending on how that goes I might put up a pic in know your loungers.

Oh but you can! In photos I can look like a ghost, granted. But when I am out I get compliments about my porcelain/milky skin. Well worth the sometimes dodge photos.

I also vote pale.

ihsb wrote: »
    Oh but you can! In photos I can look like a ghost, granted. But when I am out I get compliments about my porcelain/milky skin. Well worth the sometimes dodge photos.

Talking about photos, i love that dress you have on in know your loungers thread!

Im off to italy in LESS THAN A MONTH cant wait... I love that dress though!

Im not a fake tan lover either!

Never wear it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement