Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Talking about photos, i love that dress you have on in know your loungers thread!

Im off to italy in LESS THAN A MONTH cant wait... I love that dress though!

Im not a fake tan lover either!

Never wear it!

Why thank you! I got it years ago in Birmingham. So easy to wear because it hides all the lumps and bumps. Where you going? I am off again in July and I am excited too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

:D

PIC'S ?

Hope you you are feeling better soon!

Thanks, I posted a pic in the 'lastest purchases' thread in the fashion forum. It's massive though, I need to learn how to resize pics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another job interview, thats like 4 in 3 weeks. Now I just need on of them to offer me 200,000 a year and I'm set. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ElleEm wrote: »
    It's my first time posting here but I need somewhere to vent.

Some guy in AH just p!ssed me off!! He is clearly a troll but it bothers me that he is referring to something I am dealing with on a minute- to- minute basis.

I have MS, and HATE that I have to claim any benefits but this guy is referring to his "uncle" who has loads of perks. It's just not my reality and I hate to think there are people out there who think that I am sponging (and getting free cars!) on the back of my illness.

Reverse out of the thread and don't go back would be my advice. You'll feel better about it in a day or two when you don't have some fool winding you up.

MS is such a difficult illness. Some people just don't have the tact or maturity to see trolling for what it is -- intentionally inflicting anguish on others for sh1ts and giggles. Hugs for you.

My mother in law suggested I get a Sally Hanson for a wedding in a couple of weeks, no thanks, the ole Rimmel Sun Shimmer will do me grand I think!

Need to go back chocolate-dodging when I get home. Still rakes of bloody eggs around. Nargh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

ihsb wrote: »
    Why thank you! I got it years ago in Birmingham. So easy to wear because it hides all the lumps and bumps. Where you going? I am off again in July and I am excited too!

I'm heading to Venice for the week with my mom, husband and 3 kids :D

Tried to get Rome but flights had gone up :(

We are staying with canvas holidays in a mobile home with fantastic swimming pools 6 of them with water slides and everything, its right on the adriatic coast, so we walk out of the compound on the the beach. for car hire accommodation and flights for the 6 of us it was just under 1000 euros :D

My mom lives near Birmingham :) used to fly there at least once a year but ryaniar closed its shannon base so i fly from Dublin.

The dress looks great on you...

what part do you visit?

*my great great granny was Italian but dont know which part of Italy she came from...

Julybreeze wrote: »
    Thanks, I posted a pic in the 'lastest purchases' thread in the fashion forum. It's massive though, I need to learn how to resize pics.

Its really, really nice, love it...

All my summer clothes from last summer are too big for me now.. Keeping my eyes open for something nice....

I'm heading to Venice for the week with my mom, husband and 3 kids :D

Tried to get Rome but flights had gone up :(

We are staying with canvas holidays in a mobile home with fantastic swimming pools 6 of them with water slides and everything, its right on the adriatic coast, so we walk out of the compound on the the beach. for car hire accommodation and flights for the 6 of us it was just under 1000 euros :D

My mom lives near Birmingham :) used to fly there at least once a year but ryaniar closed its shannon base so i fly from Dublin.

The dress looks great on you...

what part do you visit?

*my great great granny was Italian but dont know which part of Italy she came from...

Last time I went to Florence/Pisa with my best friend... it was lovely. This time I am going with the OH and we are doing Rome, Sorrento and Capri. The hotel in Sorrento has a private beach so very excited! I have always wanted to go to Venice. You have to post pics up :)

Flights and accom are really expensive for us because it is high season, but it was the only time both of us could get off :(

Got to love a bit of Birmingham. I am from down the road from there. Sometimes it is good to go back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Julybreeze wrote: »

That dress is really gorgeous, love it:D

ihsb wrote: »
    Last time I went to Florence/Pisa with my best friend... it was lovely. This time I am going with the OH and we are doing Rome, Sorrento and Capri. The hotel in Sorrento has a private beach so very excited! I have always wanted to go to Venice. You have to post pics up :)

Flights and accom are really expensive for us because it is high season, but it was the only time both of us could get off :(

Got to love a bit of Birmingham. I am from down the road from there. Sometimes it is good to go back!

http://www.canvasholidays.ie/campsite-overview.aspx?id=AD08Z

This is where we will be staying :) campsites are cheap and cheerful for family holidays.

I want to explore Italy a bit more, your really hitting the right spots. We plan on hitting lake garda when the kids are old enough for water sports. I would also like to see Sardinia and visit Tuscany and sicily oh and when we do get to Rome i intend to take a day trip to visit mount vesuvius...

I spent 7 years in Stourbridge, went to school in Dudley, my mom lives in Halesowen, dad was born in Walsall and my brother lives in Sedgley. I love going back, normally hit the merry hill centre :D ive got 7 aunts/uncles who are scattered around the area....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo well done TeletextPear!!!! Love that feeling :-)

Just had the most amazing Brie and bacon panini for lunch, nom nom nom. Only problem is now I want another one :-(

Yay Dolorous, am delighted for ya! Pm me a pic if you get a sec, totally in wedding mode and love having a gawk at the dresses :-)

http://www.canvasholidays.ie/campsite-overview.aspx?id=AD08Z

This is where we will be staying :) campsites are cheap and cheerful for family holidays.

I want to explore Italy a bit more, your really hitting the right spots. We plan on hitting lake garda when the kids are old enough for water sports. I would also like to see Sardinia and visit Tuscany and sicily oh and when we do get to Rome i intend to take a day trip to visit mount vesuvius...

I spent 7 years in Stourbridge, went to school in Dudley, my mom lives in Halesowen, dad was born in Walsall and my brother lives in Sedgley. I love going back, normally hit the merry hill centre :D ive got 7 aunts/uncles who are scattered around the area....

Groupn had a really great deal for lake garda. One day. That campsite looks cool. The kids will have lots of fun there! I am from Coventry. Some of my family is still there though most have moved over here now. Such a small world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Who the fcuk thought it was a bright idea to change drivers in Pearse St for a bus that terminates at Merrion Square? Looks like I need to start handing out clue by four beatings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone other than me ever encountered a problem where you get tooo friendly with your hairdresser? So much so that their more interested in your life rather than doing your hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

My cat is stretched out on sofa in such a human pose .... Too cute :) her and the Guineas have been asleep for hours !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My cat is stretched out on sofa in such a human pose .... Too cute :) her and the Guineas have been asleep for hours !!!!!!!

I read Guineas as 'Guinness' and pictured this:

Cat-Chillaxing.jpg

• Advertisement

Has anyone other than me ever encountered a problem where you get tooo friendly with your hairdresser? So much so that their more interested in your life rather than doing your hair?

Been going to my hair dresser for 14 years :eek:

They have to turn the hair dryer off so i can here what they are saying, after 14 years you think they would finally suss not to talk while blow drying hair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Feeling quite hurt right now so I think I'll leave the posting for a while. I really had no idea people saw me as ungrateful.

Aw Jane, I'm sorry to see what happened here this morning and the effect it had on you.:(

I do hope you'll be back posting soon x:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    Going against the rant in R&R is generally not allowed. However there is a poster who has been posting repeatedly for at least a year about the same issue. He won't do anything about it. Just posts about it all the time. Despite the rules, a lot of people who sympathise have understandably become frustrated with him and told him to cop on. It doesn't mean he's not in a bad situation, it doesn't mean people don't care about his problems, and it doesn't mean he should drop off the face of the earth.
    Same thing here.
    We're all concerned for jane because a lot of us have family problems too. but when it's the same thing & she seems overly dependent on her bf and mother and doing nothing in general, yea, we get a bit frustrated. Partly on her behalf.

I don't want jane to stop posting, we're all like a little family in here, but I hope she will take a step back and review things.

is that me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

krudler wrote: »

Haha, no ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dolorous wrote: »
    Haha, no ;)

good cos I try keep my rants funny :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Must try and get access to the R&R, keep meaning to and forgetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Oh yeah, the last one i went to kindly told me about her boob reduction and scaring that she got from it.

Hand on my heart, i think i started the conversation by saying i liked her top!

Must try and get access to the R&R, keep meaning to and forgetting

How do you do that?

good cos I try keep my rants funny :pac:

Pffft! You wouldnt know funny if it bit you on the bum!!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Krudler, I love your posts in R & R. You really capture the essence of people's stupidity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Housemates thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Kiera wrote: »
    Pffft! You wouldnt know funny if it bit you on the bum!!

:P

Funny has boundary issues....

Funny has boundary issues....

And i have none :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My coriander is growing!:D I had my doubts but it's got little shoots coming out. Parsley and basil are still a no show.

I'm making stuff grow! Got overly excited about it and checked what else I could grow without a garden

Found this might try lettuce, spinach, squash and garlic chives but I'm getting way ahead of myself, I'll see how the cats react to the plants/pots when they're more grown. Last time I had a mint plant the cat ate it, she tried eating the aleo vera too but gave up pretty quick.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This day four months I will see my boyfriend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Heres my jack russell and my lab/alsation cross :) my babies :)

200089.jpg

This is the Jack Russell, Effie, the first day we got her, the worlds tiniest thing, yet an absolute lunatic :D

200090.jpg

And this is Bart, the lab/allsation cross, the first day we got him :)

200091.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Heres my jack russell and my lab/alsation cross :) my babies :)

I read that as it was going to be a cross of all 3:D:o

Hot Italian Manager (HIM) was looking swank today in a tailored suit.

Straight men really shouldn't dress this well in Ireland. He mustn't have received the memo.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hot Italian Manager (HIM) was looking swank today in a tailored suit.

Straight men really shouldn't dress this well in Ireland. He mustn't have received the memo.

But does it not make him look gay? We've one of those in work and i'm just not convinced he's straight because of his dress sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Mmmmmmmmm men in suits

*drools*

But does it not make him look gay? We've one of those in work and i'm just not convinced he's straight because of his dress sense.

Surprisingly it doesn't. He's stupidly nice as well, I think he might be an alien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Surprisingly it doesn't. He's stupidly nice as well, I think he might be an alien.

Thank you for this post. It made me laugh. :)

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Gah, this notion that anyone who dresses well or fashionable is gay grates with me!

Ah you dont need to worry your little head about it, Duck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I think we need some sneaky pics of this hot man in the tailored suit! ;)

(No, seriously...)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

This day four months I will see my boyfriend :D

Dunno how you do it, I'm freaking cos my boy is moving and I'll probably only see him once a month at most! I've so much admiration for you! You never complain about it, you never moan, you just get on with it and see the upside of everything! Fair play to you, wish I could be more like you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

LostGirly wrote: »
    Dunno how you do it, I'm freaking cos my boy is moving and I'll probably only see him once a month at most! I've so much admiration for you! You never complain about it, you never moan, you just get on with it and see the upside of everything! Fair play to you, wish I could be more like you :)

No point moaning about something you can't change! Just have to make the best of what you can sure!

This day next week I'll be in Toronto also :D can't wait to go shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Flights booked to London in June, yesssssssssss! I've never been before and have always wanted to go so this is very exciting :D My whole group of college friends are going and we're staying with our friend whose family lives there so it's going to be great craic. And it means I can get a feel for the city, I'd love to live there at some stage in the future and I'm currently researching how to make that a realistic aim. Good times :)

Studying wasn't too awful either, don't feel like I got a lot done though which means more fun and games with trusts tonight!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I think we need some sneaky pics of this hot man in the tailored suit! ;)

(No, seriously...)

You don't get many in India?

Hot men in suits?

I've have my own hot man

My fella wears a shirt and pants only puts on the jacket for meetings, weddings and funerals. He looks good in a suit :). I'm not gone on ties though. My fella also likes his pink shirts, pink goes well with his dark hair and skin tone:).

Wondering what this Italian stallion has???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Flights booked to London in June, yesssssssssss! I've never been before and have always wanted to go so this is very exciting :D My whole group of college friends are going and we're staying with our friend whose family lives there so it's going to be great craic. And it means I can get a feel for the city, I'd love to live there at some stage in the future and I'm currently researching how to make that a realistic aim. Good times :)

Studying wasn't too awful either, don't feel like I got a lot done though which means more fun and games with trusts tonight!

London is my most favourite place! The boy took me as my Xmas present last January cos I'd never been and I just loved everything about it!

Going again soon for longer and I really really can't wait! :D

Applied to loads of schools for teaching practice today. Scary but exciting! Really hope I get somewhere :)

I wear slim/skinny jeans and tight t-shirts and tight shirts and would have no issue wearing a snood etc.

You reckon I'd be gay if you saw me in the street?
    Nope, you're not Italian :p

I wear slim/skinny jeans and tight t-shirts and tight shirts and would have no issue wearing a snood etc.

You reckon I'd be gay if you saw me in the street?

Have you ever been chated up by a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

tomissex wrote: »
    London is my most favourite place! The boy took me as my Xmas present last January cos I'd never been and I just loved everything about it!

Going again soon for longer and I really really can't wait! :D

Applied to loads of schools for teaching practice today. Scary but exciting! Really hope I get somewhere :)

It seems like such an exciting and dynamic city, can't wait to visit it! Hope your second time there is even better than the first :)
    Best of luck with the teaching practice, really hope it works out for you :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement