Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

You don't get many in India?

Hot men in suits?

Pfft, not where I live, in a town carved out of the jungle! Lots of sweaty men in dhotis with big rice bellies here; not quite what you would describe as 'hot' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Have you ever been chated up by a man?

I get chatted up by more gay men than straight women, maybe the universe is telling me something

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Krudler, I love your posts in R & R. You really capture the essence of people's stupidity!

oh-stop-it-you.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    Have you ever been chated up by a man?

I get chatted up by more gay men than straight women, maybe the universe is telling me something
    That's cause you're purdy :)

Kiera wrote: »

*twirls*

teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I am just about packed and ready to head to Mr. Boyfriend's house with my daughter for the next couple of days :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a booty call on my facebook chat during the week and had a guy try to turn boards into a dating site through PM with me all in a week.

There's something in the air coz that never happens to me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think we need some sneaky pics of this hot man in the tailored suit! ;)

(No, seriously...)

There might be one sent around tomorrow at work. I'll see what I can do via PM for interested parties ;)

It probably won't do him justice though.

Did I mention that when he started he gave us each a cake?

Definitely an alien.

He has a Golden Retreiver too.

i have a headache :mad: think it's sinus stuff
    oh well
    singing then study

and surprise surprise i'm hungry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jesus fcuking Christ, I just heard that I guy I went to school with got shot last night. Opened his front door and the scummer just opened fire. First two shots were at chest height, but hit the door, thank fcuk. He had to fight the guy off and got hit three times in the leg. He's going to be ok, thank God. I'm in total shock here, he's never been in a day's trouble in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Heres my jack russell and my lab/alsation cross :) my babies :)

200089.jpg

This is the Jack Russell, Effie, the first day we got her, the worlds tiniest thing, yet an absolute lunatic :D

Ah SarBear, Effie is so like my boy!! He's a JR chihuahua cross though :D
    379783_10150566225134918_639164917_11645320_1871727470_n.jpg

Edit: sorry to take over quoting pictures, but lookit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Your pets are super cute! Here's me having a catnap (see what I did there) with Xerxes.

catnap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I think we need some sneaky pics of this hot man in the tailored suit! ;)

(No, seriously...)

There might be one sent around tomorrow at work. I'll see what I can do via PM for interested parties ;)

It probably won't do him justice though.

Did I mention that when he started he gave us each a cake?

Definitely an alien.

He has a Golden Retreiver too.

Can i come work with you please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Jesus fcuking Christ, I just heard that I guy I went to school with got shot last night. Opened his front door and the scummer just opened fire. First two shots were at chest height, but hit the door, thank fcuk. He had to fight the guy off and got hit three times in the leg. He's going to be ok, thank God. I'm in total shock here, he's never been in a day's trouble in his life.

:eek::eek: Thank Jebus he'll be ok.

Wonder wtf was behind it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

/jealous sulk

How come I don't get compliments....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah SarBear, Effie is so like my boy!! He's a JR chihuahua cross though :D

Edit: sorry to take over quoting pictures, but lookit!

Holy crap :eek: They are scarily alike!

They totally need to make babies together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Went from having a horribly long day with a big awkward break in the middle in college tomorrow, to having a horribly long day with a date during said break.. Feck I'm all nervous now, super excited too though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I love Ace of cakes !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Life is really weird right now. My visa for a third year in Canada hasn't come through yet, and government cuts are screwing my company over and putting my job at risk.

Sort of doesn't feel real. Life could be very, very different in a few months' time.

And on another note, it's taken me almost 27 years to discover that the Titanic sank on my birthday. I feel a Titanic-themed birthday party coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I got an A2 on one of my essays today :D Not really a big deal but it's the first A I've gotten on a college essay. Only took me three years :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

beks101 wrote: »
    I feel a Titanic-themed birthday party coming on...

A sinking disaster? :/

*ba dum bum chiii*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Bah.. can someone give me life advice?

might have to give notice on my house this week. i might move back in with my mum until i go to canada in august! but...... the thought of moving in with my mum, step dad, 2 brothers and 2 sisters is filling me with dread.

tatabubbly wrote: »

might have to give notice on my house this week. i might move back in with my mum until i go to canada in august! but...... the thought of moving in with my mum, step dad, 2 brothers and 2 sisters is filling me with dread.

i was in exactly the same position before
    i even had nightmares about moving back in with mum
    it was so fine! we're so much more easygoing now that i've been out and back
    i don't have a house full of siblings though...

/jealous sulk

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="White"]How come I don't get compliments....[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    You need to earn them :p

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    tatabubbly wrote: »

i was in exactly the same position before
    i even had nightmares about moving back in with mum
    it was so fine! we're so much more easygoing now that i've been out and back
    i don't have a house full of siblings though...

its the house full of siblings. plus i've never lived with my new stepdad either... i actually need to ask her so she could say no!!

thats mad, where was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Heard about this earlier! So scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Well since we're all posting pet photos, here is Archie aged 8 weeks old (last December)

377827_301030789936693_100000893246426_938152_1187526213_n.jpg

Sorry for the ginormous photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Urgh, hate when friendships start to slip away. :(

Fell out with my core friends over a year ago. Definitely my fault but I've sorted through some mental issues in the last while. My life has changed so much for the better in so many ways in the last year but my friendships have not recovered and I'm afraid they never will. I made a heartfelt apology to my friends a while ago, it was graciously accepted and we tried to get things back to how they were... but it's just not happening. There's a sort of awkwardness now when we meet, too much time has passed or something and it's like the friendship intimacy is gone. :( I'm not getting the warmth from them that I used to. It's like a breakup.

And I'm not the best at making friends, I have always found it tough to strike up a rapport with people, so this will hit me hard. I love my new job but I just know none of my colleagues will become outside friends. We either don't gel or don't have anything in common, though they are all great girls to work with.

I love Cork but may be friendship-less here for quite a while!

• Advertisement

if it's been a year it'll take time to get back to where it was
    just meet up now and then to do things together and you'll build it up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

if it's been a year it'll take time to get back to where it was
    just meet up now and then to do things together and you'll build it up again

It's kinda hard being so far away. And I work in research which means I'm often in work at the weekends too.

Yeah, it'll probably be grand. Hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I went shopping... that made me :D

My back hurts though :(

going cinema after work, yus.

Getting my hair done and eyebrows threaded next week, cannot wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

krudler wrote: »
    going cinema after work, yus.

To see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I need to stop eating chocolate! I'm emotionally eating as I'm so upset about my hair :(

I'm hoping beers Friday can help :D

what's wrong with your hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Links, that link was amazing. I love Cab Calloway too!

Das, you're telling me this guy is in galway?
    PM me the co-ordinates!

*hops into car*
    *realises can't drive*
    *hops out*
    *waits for bus*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

^^ LOL

:D

• Advertisement

Aaahhh just realised that if i moce into my mums i will probably lose my jsa. feck sake. i really can't win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

what's wrong with your hair?
    It's square, robot hair... Getting it sorted tomorrow hopefully!

Will you be out Friday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just saw some complete f*cking arsewipe beating the crap out of one of his dogs. :mad:

Was out running and he was putting his dogs into the car, one jumped in, he picked the other up by the scruff of the neck and THREW it into the boot then proceeded to beat it. It started screaming as soon as he put his hand on it to pick it up. :mad: I had headphones in and could hear the squeals, had run on a bit but then I stopped took headphones out walked back towards the car ready to ask him what the f*ck he thought he was doing. :mad: Had second thoughts as it's a quiet enough street, but stood there looking back at the car and could STILL hear squeals. Ran on a bit and kept looking back - the boot was open for another minute or so which meant he was probably still standing there smacking the dog. :(

I slowed down in the hope he would drive by me so I could get his reg, didn't want to stand there typing it into my phone in case he saw me. Problem is, it's a UK reg and I don't have the car model so even if I ring the guards they probably couldn't track him and I have no proof as to what I saw.

Really regret not going back and punching him in the head and back and asking him how he likes it. :mad:

Should I ring the guards/DSPCA with the reg anyway? :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Things I never thought I'd hear myself say #764

"James! No killing!"

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Things I never thought I'd hear myself say #764

"James! No killing!"
    Lol what was he trying to kill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes. Doing nothing means nothing will happen. Doing something means there is a slight chance something might happen.

What a ****ing scumbag he is. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I don't understand how anyone could harm an animal, lowest of the low :mad: I'd say give the local guards a ring, Racoon. It can't do any harm anyway, and it's better to do that than to confront him when there's no one else around, you never know what he might have done. What an asshole :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yes. Doing nothing means nothing will happen. Doing something means there is a slight chance something might happen.

What a ****ing scumbag he is. :mad:

+100

Pembily wrote: »
    It's square, robot hair... Getting it sorted tomorrow hopefully!

Will you be out Friday?

no, despite my arsing around on here ive a mountain of study to do for the exam next week and the other one the week after so im staying in :(
    Just saw some complete f*cking arsewipe beating the crap out of one of his dogs. :mad:

christ
    animal cruelty really, really kills me
    that poor, poor dog
    please report it to anyone you can, please
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement