Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God chocolate philadelphia sounds rank! What's wrong with the old standard, Nutella? (mmmm....nutella...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think chocolate philadelphia sounds like the lazy persons (aka - me) chocolate cheesecake. If it was chocolatey enough I could be very happy with a tub of it & a packet of digestives.

Weather here is beautiful today! So nice we've had to shut the office curtains and sit in the dark. Gah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Must...log off POF... and do....some... work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think chocolate philadelphia sounds like the lazy persons (aka - me) chocolate cheesecake. If it was chocolatey enough I could be very happy with a tub of it & a packet of digestives.

That sounds genius... if it was nice that is. I think I've got to try it, just to rule it out y'see :cool:

I had a really light sleep last night but weirdly feel better for it than if I'd had a deep sleep...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Managed a whole two hours sleep in Creakiest House On Earth last night. Bf is at his parents recovering from an op, really hoping he comes back home tonight, a coz I havent seen him all week, but b so I can just get a night's sleep without worrying every little noise is someone trying to break in! :rolleyes:

Dolorous wrote: »
    That sounds genius... if it was nice that is. I think I've got to try it, just to rule it out y'see :cool:

I had a really light sleep last night but weirdly feel better for it than if I'd had a deep sleep...!

If they brought out a strawberry or lemon one I'd drop round to the Philadelphia factory and do a one man flashmob Thank You dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm giving up on helping my OH fill out forms. Everytime I do and I have to tell him he'll have to do things he doesn't want to I get the head bit off me.
    He's now in a strop cause I told him he'd have to drop into welfare (I said it in a nice way, said I'd drive, I'd wait with him and if he did it he won't spent days waiting for a phone call back from them and getting more stressed in the process). I also said I'd try call on his behalf but that was shot down. It seems I'm a selfish heartless cow for making him do things like that when he's so stressed.
    I love him, but he's the worst in the world to fight with. Always makes me feel like sh*t.

Oh and now I'm told I don't care that his dad is in hospital. It's amazing how quickly he forgot about last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Don't know if that chocolate philadelphia would be any good for cheesecake, I think it's low fat :( I do want to try it on a digestive biscuit but I can't find it anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dunnes and Tesco have it but trust me, you aren't missing anything.

• Advertisement

Bah. Suppose I'll just have to stick with the old cheddar slice + chocolate square combo for my cheese and chocolate fix!

Gauge wrote: »
    Don't know if that chocolate philadelphia would be any good for cheesecake, I think it's low fat :( I do want to try it on a digestive biscuit but I can't find it anywhere.

Ugh, it's light? Never mind :P

Regular cream cheese mixed with a little lemon zest on a digestive is pretty great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Bah. Suppose I'll just have to stick with the old cheddar slice + chocolate square combo for my cheese and chocolate fix!

:eek: Really?!? Is that any good?

I do believe I'lll take myself out for lunch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Next week in college is International Women's Week and there are lots of events planned for it. I'm quite involved in the Gender Equality Society as well as Amnesty International so I'll be super busy!

I'm taking a study break and watching a documentary on vaginal cosmetic surgery because there's going to be a talk on it next week and I want to be informed. It's very sad and quite a bit scary too, the way some people think their vaginas are malformed need surgery to look "normal", especially teenage girls aged 14 and 15. :(

A guy did an art installation called The Great Wall of Vagina because he was so horrified about the growing number of women having that surgery. He basically got thousands of women to take plaster casts of themselves and made them into a huge mosaic to show that they literally come in every shape and size imaginable. It's actually quite amazing-looking.

• Advertisement

I read about that Honey-ec and thought it was great- the one thing that annoyed me about it was I thought it should have been called The Great Wall of Vulva seeing as that's what the plaster casts were of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Honey-ec wrote: »
    A guy did an art installation called The Great Wall of Vagina because he was so horrified about the growing number of women having that surgery. He basically got thousands of women to take plaster casts of themselves and made them into a huge mosaic to show that they literally come in every shape and size imaginable. It's actually quite amazing-looking.

I've just looked it up there, it's amazing! I love how diverse the range of people are:
    The 9 metre long polyptych consists of four hundred plaster casts of vulvas, all of them unique, arranged into ten large panels. McCartney set out to make this project as broad and inclusive as possible. The age range of the women is from 18 to 76. Included are mothers and daughters, identical twins, transgendered men and women as well as a woman pre and post natal and another one pre and post labiaplasty.

(From here)

It's weird how nobody has ever told me that vaginas can be different. I kind of assumed for a long time that everyone's looked the same and if they didn't, there had to be something wrong. Glad I know differently but it's just odd how it's never really discussed or brought up, at least not in my experience.

I read about that Honey-ec and thought it was great- the one thing that annoyed me about it was I thought it should have been called The Great Wall of Vulva seeing as that's what the plaster casts were of...

But then he wouldn't have gotten to make that snappy pun!

But then he wouldn't have gotten to make that snappy pun!

*facepalm* I totally didn't get the pun. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Some of the line-up for Electric Picnic 2012 has been announced... Ed Sheeran!!! :D Probably due to the fact that there's no Oxegen but I don't care, Ed Sheeran is coming to my hometown.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

It's weird how nobody has ever told me that vaginas can be different. I kind of assumed for a long time that everyone's looked the same and if they didn't, there had to be something wrong. Glad I know differently but it's just odd how it's never really discussed or brought up, at least not in my experience.

I do know what you mean but at the same time no other part of your body looks the exact same as someone else, same idea but not the same mold.

Today is kicking my ass already...I spilled a load of liquid pig fat all down my front earlier, not pleasant at all:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'm giving up on helping my OH fill out forms. Everytime I do and I have to tell him he'll have to do things he doesn't want to I get the head bit off me.
    He's now in a strop cause I told him he'd have to drop into welfare (I said it in a nice way, said I'd drive, I'd wait with him and if he did it he won't spent days waiting for a phone call back from them and getting more stressed in the process). I also said I'd try call on his behalf but that was shot down. It seems I'm a selfish heartless cow for making him do things like that when he's so stressed.
    I love him, but he's the worst in the world to fight with. Always makes me feel like sh*t.

Oh and now I'm told I don't care that his dad is in hospital. It's amazing how quickly he forgot about last weekend.
    Leave him be now for the minute. You're only trying to help and it's not fair that you're getting the head bitten off you. Just take a step back and do something nice for yourself instead. He's not willing or in the right place to be helped, his head might be on his dad in hospital and he's taking that frustration out on this form filling business. Go have a nice coffee and a sit down for yourself. He'll come round.

Am home sick with sinus and chest infection. Watching Transformers two. Good jaysus, what a pile of shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

@Bubblefett............Your bf reminds me very much of myself...

I get incredibly stressed when i have to do any type of paperwork like that. Grant and College applications were a nightmare the past few years. I don't know why but I make such a stupid big deal out of them:(

He'll calm in a while and don't worry, he won't mean to be unkind (at least I don't anyway when my head gets wrecked by stupid forms):)

I was in Heatons earlier and bought myself the Jerome Alexander stackables set that has a mineral foundation, 4 eye shadows and a blusher for €19.99 and I'm delighted. I love the foundation, it feels like I'm wearing none and it looks great! :D

^Might look out for that myself Jane, I like a very light foundation and can't justify the price of Benefit anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maple wrote: »
    Am home sick with sinus and chest infection. Watching Transformers two. Good jaysus, what a pile of shyte.

it really is, great effects but its like being smashed in the face wth a hammer for two hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Oh god, I had two very long, back to back flights across America once and Transformers 2 was the film on both flights! And I watched it twice in a row out of boredom! :eek: Hope you feel better, sinus pain is the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hope you get better

but omg, transformers 2? doesn't that come with a health warning on the DVD "If accidentally watched, induce vomitting"? :pac:

I remember sitting in the cinema, feeling like I was there for an eternity and just itching for it to end.

krudler wrote: »
    it really is, great effects but its like being smashed in the face wth a hammer for two hours
    164 minutes to be exact. Awful muck.

Am still watching it though. Just to give out about it. :D
    Oh god, I had two very long, back to back flights across America once and Transformers 2 was the film on both flights! And I watched it twice in a row out of boredom! :eek: Hope you feel better, sinus pain is the worst
    Thank you. :)

I feel like there's a sumo wrestler sitting on my head. Am like a limp lettuce here.

• Advertisement

^Might look out for that myself Jane, I like a very light foundation and can't justify the price of Benefit anymore!

You can but it online here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I'm not a film buff in any way and also I've not really seen a lot of movies made recently but is it just me or were films a lot more violent in the 80's and 90's. I mean I have seen a few of the saw's and hostel to me were just gross but I can think of a really violent movie made recently.

And yes I'm procrasting...

Links234 wrote: »
    hope you get better

but omg, transformers 2? doesn't that come with a health warning on the DVD "If accidentally watched, induce vomitting"? :pac:

I remember sitting in the cinema, feeling like I was there for an eternity and just itching for it to end.

I loved the first one. I'm greatly saddened by this muck. Oh well.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I was in Heatons earlier and bought myself the Jerome Alexander stackables set that has a mineral foundation, 4 eye shadows and a blusher for €19.99 and I'm delighted. I love the foundation, it feels like I'm wearing none and it looks great! :D

I met the boyfriend's parents last week in my official capacity as his girlfriend. I spent 50 minutes delicately painting every single pore in my face my face trying to achieve a natural fresh look. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I met the boyfriend's parents last week in my official capacity as his girlfriend. I spent 50 minutes delicately painting every single pore in my face my face trying to achieve a natural fresh look. :pac:

How did it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I loved the first one. I'm greatly saddened by this muck. Oh well.
    there's only one transformers movie for me ;)

TFMovie1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks Maple and KittyeeTrix.
    Ah he doesn't deal well with stress and I was having a bad morning = morning spent killing eachother.
    All grand now, his mom called me over to hers to write an email to his dad's doctors and that it put it all in perspective for both of us. Some fights just aren't worth it

Well it's time for me to go.. Heading to the train station soon. I'll catch up with you all later or if not I'll catch up when I get back. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ah, tonsillitis. We meet again :(
    I have a humongous essay due next Friday, I'm working all next week and I was meant to see the bf today. Fcuk you, bacteria :(

Hope you're both okay, Maple and Bubblefett
    Enjoy your time with your bf Jane :)

• Advertisement

Waaaaaaahhhh, where did I save [bit of imagery that took forever to put together], where is it gone, what did I even call it so I can search for it, stupid technology, stupid everything.

Never mind, it's just kicked in... I feel like I really could sleep at my desk now! And I have to go out tonight for work drinks, maybe it's time for an afternoon coffee...
    Waaaaaaahhhh, where did I save [bit of imagery that took forever to put together], where is it gone, what did I even call it so I can search for it, stupid technology, stupid everything.

Are you on Windows? Try Start/Documents and that should bring up your recent ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've never had tonsilitis (touch wood) even though I have MASSIVE tonsils. Keep hearing of people getting it lately though so it must be doing the rounds. Feel better Emiliy.

Day is going quicker than expected. Getting a fair bit of work done. Still can't wait to go home though.

Kiera wrote: »
    How did it go?

Really well, thanks. :)

I was so bloody nervous though, I wouldn't mind but I've met them before as he and I have know each other over 8 years now, but this was the first time in years and since he and I decided to give us a go.

But yes, I was a bag of nerves that morning, I wore heels and everything. :D

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ah, tonsillitis. We meet again :(
    I have a humongous essay due next Friday, I'm working all next week and I was meant to see the bf today. Fcuk you, bacteria :(
    Oh you poor creature, rest up and hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I'm not a film buff in any way and also I've not really seen a lot of movies made recently but is it just me or were films a lot more violent in the 80's and 90's. I mean I have seen a few of the saw's and hostel to me were just gross but I can think of a really violent movie made recently.

And yes I'm procrasting...

They could get away with more in the 80s and 90s, now everything is toned down, sure look at The Expendables 2, its a throwback to all those Arnie, Sly and Bruce Willis action movies starring all three and ...its pg. I mean really? kids today barely know who those guys are its supposed to be for people who grew up watching their movies in the 80s. Sick of movies being made to appeal to certain demographics these days instead of just being about making a good film. kids today are wusses :pac:

The most violent movie I've seen recently is Drive, its shockingly violent in places as its so cold and unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Really well, thanks. :)

I was so bloody nervous though, I wouldn't mind but I've met them before as he and I have know each other over 8 years now, but this was the first time in years and since he and I decided to give us a go.

But yes, I was a bag of nerves that morning, I wore heels and everything. :D

Awww that's really cool. I think it has to be the worst thing about meeting someone. I've no problem meeting his mates and that but i get dead scared when it comes to meeting the folks.

Glad it went well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Hmm.. Got an email from college inviting me to an information meeting for research masters/phd. Apparently one of my lecturers put my name forward as someone who they think is capable of successfully completing one, which surprises me because I'm not an extraordinary student, my grades are fairly average.
    I'm tempted to go, but I'm scared I'll get there and they'll tell me the email was sent to me by accident or something :o

Are you on Windows? Try Start/Documents and that should bring up your recent ones

I saved over it. Idjit!

Afternoon coffee sounds like a plan and a half. I want an afternoon margarita. Went into 777 on Georges St last week & they were thronged so couldn't get a table and the site of all the lovely, frosty margaritas is living with me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    They could get away with more in the 80s and 90s, now everything is toned down, sure look at The Expendables 2, its a throwback to all those Arnie, Sly and Bruce Willis action movies starring all three and ...its pg.

No......it can't be,for feck sake

Hmm.. Got an email from college inviting me to an information meeting for research masters/phd. Apparently one of my lecturers put my name forward as someone who they think is capable of successfully completing one, which surprises me because I'm not an extraordinary student, my grades are fairly average.
    I'm tempted to go, but I'm scared I'll get there and they'll tell me the email was sent to me by accident or something :o

Do it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That's a great feather to have in your cap, well done. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement