Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Acoshla wrote: »
    My printer is in the printer hospital so no can do, EVERYTHING is going wrong today! :pac:

Sedate them and tatoo it on their face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Alternative solution: type it up, print it off. Staple it to their face. Makes you feel better and stops them annoying you in future. :cool:
    Sedate them and tatoo it on their face?

Hmmm.... I seem to be sounding a little on the extra strength crazy side tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Belly ache gone thankfully.

No Big Bang Theory this week? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

I must say that second slice of cheese cake was nearly better than the first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Belly ache gone thankfully.

No Big Bang Theory this week? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Posy wrote: »
    Can you still post a photo of your own cat??!! :confused: :eek:

Yeah, just nothing that is copywritten.

I made lemon squares today and they're amazing!!! Though they did require nearly an entire bag of sugar :eek: I hate knowing how uch crap is in nice foods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Been accepted to the course I applied for.
    Looks like I'm going back to college in September so. Eeep. :o

Congratuuuuulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

All I want is a year long course in Creative Writing for Beginners/Dummies, preferably in the Swords area and suitable to a budget of €150. Gah, is that really too much to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Might be getting a new dress this weekend for Tuesday night :D Yay. I never get new clothes unless they're really needed so I'm very excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I read this thread almost every day but only seem to come on here to whinge, sorry!

I don't know what's wrong with me, I just seem to be a big bag of grumpiness with my other half at the minute. Not sure why, he's a sweetheart really.

We don't really have any shared friends, I tend to go out with my friends, he goes out with his. He wants us to go out with his friends and their other halves tomorrow and I just hate that kind of thing. I'm not good in social situations where I don't know people and I'm always the heaviest person in the group and look like **** compared to everyone else, and feel like ****. I'm not messing when I say I have nothing at all to wear tomorrow and it's just arghhhhhhh!

In better news the dogs on the late late are very cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pembily wrote: »
    3, how? That is excessive :P

I want chocolate but I gave it up for lent! Such a long but very very successful week :D:D:D One day left :D

How? With surprising ease :D

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

3 creme eggs is perfectly acceptable. They make them much smaller than they used to. So 3 eggs today is the equivalent of 1 egg when you were a kid.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I was very frustrated today as when my wages came in, and all my bills/commitments had been paid out of it, I only have 20 euro left until next Friday for food/fun.

But then I got home and walked into my lovely clean apartment that I rent by myself and I'm happy :D 18 months ago was a very very different story (was living in a horrible tense/unhappy environment) so I am massively thankful to be able to afford my own space and independence! It's a fantastic feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Been accepted to the course I applied for.
    Looks like I'm going back to college in September so. Eeep. :o

Congrats!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam cant sleep :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Woke up feeling slightly embarrassed(and I wasn't drinking). I've the radio set to come on at certain times but it didn't wake me up. I think they were talking about Olly Murs because he was in my dream and so were mini counterweight elephents that were jumping around and that's not really the embarrassing bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I need to have a quick rant about period pain. I've been sick since last weekend with a flu-type virus, finally getting over that now and was looking forward to a proper nights sleep last night. But NOOOO. Some fcukwad demon of fertility has decided to punish me for my reproductive capabilities by donning a glove of needles and fire, reaching into my abdomen and squeezing the Bejaysus out of my uterus for hours on end. Occasionally I get a brief reprieve, long enough to lull me into a shallow sleep, then the demon cackles and squeezes again.

The way I feel right now, someone should just take my uterus off me. I don't want it.

It's a pretty sunshine day! and saturday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    It's a pretty sunshine day! and saturday :)

It's wet and grey and miserable here, cherish your sunshine!! :)

Edit: I LOVE Airline programmes, people getting all batshit crazy, so funny. Can't wait to finish work and curl up on the couch for the afternoon...just need to actually start work first!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have had a headcold and chest infection all week. Decision now - no training for the weekend and take it easy. Get over this bloody thing. Will be heading home early from the beers tonight methinks. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

jokettle wrote: »
    I need to have a quick rant about period pain. I've been sick since last weekend with a flu-type virus, finally getting over that now and was looking forward to a proper nights sleep last night. But NOOOO. Some fcukwad demon of fertility has decided to punish me for my reproductive capabilities by donning a glove of needles and fire, reaching into my abdomen and squeezing the Bejaysus out of my uterus for hours on end. Occasionally I get a brief reprieve, long enough to lull me into a shallow sleep, then the demon cackles and squeezes again.

The way I feel right now, someone should just take my uterus off me. I don't want it.

I know exactly how you feel :( I was the worst for period pains :(

The great thing is since I got the Implanon, I haven't had a period :D

My mammy and my sisters are coming up today! I haven't seen them in ages, I can't wait for the train to get in :D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, jokettle- sounds like you had a terrible night. That sort of pain is just so awful. :(
    Acoshla- I love Airline. People going crazy at the staff because THEY showed up late for the plane and the pilot has the cheek not to wait for them. Or screaming at the girls behind the check in desks because their plane has been grounded because of snow. How is going ballistic going to help? Would they rather fly on an icy plane that's dangerous to be in the air?! I hope they're ashamed of themselves when they watch it back but probably not. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I am fcuking DYING. The Man was perfectly nice, but I didn't fancy him in the least. Apparently the feeling wasn't mutual, though, cause he lobbed the gob at the end of the night. I fled.

Seriously, though, my kingdom for an Alka Seltzer. I'm making my sister take me to Wagamama for gyoza, then I'm going to prostrate myself on the couch and watch the Walking Dead, Modern Family and The Cutting Edge. Not necessarily in that order.

Ah, jokettle- sounds like you had a terrible night. That sort of pain is just so awful. :(
    Acoshla- I love Airline. People going crazy at the staff because THEY showed up late for the plane and the pilot has the cheek not to wait for them. Or screaming at the girls behind the check in desks because their plane has been grounded because of snow. How is going ballistic going to help? Would they rather fly on an icy plane that's dangerous to be in the air?! I hope they're ashamed of themselves when they watch it back but probably not. :rolleyes:

or people who forget their passport, like the ONE thing you need to get on a plane, and you forget it, and blame the people at the checkin desk for not delaying the flight. morons.

I hate weekends, I usually deal with bill pay customers and on weekends we support the prepay line as well, jesus fcuking christ, I'd genuinely rather have a customer who has a 2 grand bill than someone who's complaining because a few cents of credit went missing on something. I had a guy earlier who sent a long text, so you know how it goes over 140 characters on some phone its takes 2 texts to send it? yeah he used 160 characters and didnt feel the 8 cents he was charged for the second text was fair. 8 cent.

fcuking.

cent.

I took great delight in telling him he spent 14c ringing us to whinge about the 8c, which I didnt refund to him. win.

I really wish scientists would stop trying to prevent mass epidemics, we need one to get rid of all the stupid people on this planet, fcuking oxygen thieves clogging up our motorways and shopping centres, some people you'd wonder if they just stumble about in a haze of stupidity trying not to hurt themselves every day.

Krudler, I doff my hat* to you, sir. That was a quality rant.

*Actual hat not guaranteed

Honey-ec wrote: »

do you frequent the ranting&raving forum? the Cries Of Retail thread is the funniest thread on boards, hands down, everyone who works with the public should go on there,200 pages of just people venting their spleen about Joe Public, just pm one of the mods for access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I agree. It was spectacular. Had me giggling away here at it:D

I agree. It was spectacular. Had me giggling away here at it:D

heh thanks, spose trying to make jokes while venting makes it easier for people to listen to instead of thinking i'm a grumpy bastard :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Krudler, cries of retail is definitely the funniest thread on boards. I have worked with the public since age 18 and it's such a great place to vent.

Grr... :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I am fcuking DYING. The Man was perfectly nice, but I didn't fancy him in the least. Apparently the feeling wasn't mutual, though, cause he lobbed the gob at the end of the night. I fled.

......in terror?? :pac:

well at least he wasnt an ass!! He could have been the biggest dIckhead going
    But sure ya dont fancy him then a dont fancy him! Nothing ya can do about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Stupid radio playing stupid songs that remind you of someone you'd rather not be reminded of today of all bloody days :(

......in terror?? :pac:

well at least he wasnt an ass!! He could have been the biggest dIckhead going
    But sure ya dont fancy him then a dont fancy him! Nothing ya can do about it!

Pretty much in terror, yes! I'm kinda glad that my first date back in the game was with someone I didn't fancy though. I need to ease myself in!

Pretty much in terror, yes! I'm kinda glad that my first date back in the game was with someone I didn't fancy though. I need to ease myself in!

exactly! sure it as just a bit of fun and hopefully it hasnt turned you off future dates! :)

Kruder stories like that are the only thing that makes unemployment barable, I don't have to deal with idiots and people who just want to complain anymore

Honey-ec glad you enjoyed your date, even if he wasn't particluarly dreamy :) I think you're bang on about easing yourself back in, enjoy it!

Jemmy hope you're okay! I've often found myself crying at the radio before :o

All happy working away in front of my window with sun coming in. Done loads of good work today (if by good work you mean MAKING MAGC WANDS!) Lookit! :D

bubblefett wrote: »
    Kruder stories like that are the only thing that makes unemployment barable, I don't have to deal with idiots and people who just want to complain anymore

I dont mind working in an office just the public ruin it, I'd love a job where I'm just stuck in a corner or my own office to work away all day, never having to deal with anyone, I think working with the public for so long has turned me into a sociopath :pac:

• Advertisement

am being entertained by an app call sleep talk, you put your iphone on the beside table and if you make noise or talk during the night it records it, some of the stuff people have uploaded onto it are hilarious, having full blown conversations with nobody while asleep. funniest on I heard so far was a woman just going "oww, you just punched me in the tit!" and her boyfriend half asleep going "sorry...I thought I was fighting someone" must be weird to hear yourself talking and not remember it

krudler wrote: »
    I dont mind working in an office just the public ruin it, I'd love a job where I'm just stuck in a corner or my own office to work away all day, never having to deal with anyone, I think working with the public for so long has turned me into a sociopath :pac:

Ah that would be the dream, I used to be a retail manager so when my staff had enough of dealing with psycho customers I'd get stuck with them. I only took the job so I could hid away in the back with paperwork :p Didn't quite work out that way...

Du know what, I actually don't want to read Cries of Retail because I have been so annoyed by customers over the years that my blood boils too much when I read them!

Finished work,woohoo! Kinda tired, got home at 2.30 after a great night, just me and 5 or 6 lads chatting for hours in the pub, guys are so much easier to hang out with, loads of filthy hilarious stories and all of us taking the p*ss out of each other, instead of wedding and baby talk, bliss!

Du know what, I actually don't want to read Cries of Retail because I have been so annoyed by customers over the years that my blood boils too much when I read them!

Finished work,woohoo! Kinda tired, got home at 2.30 after a great night, just me and 5 or 6 lads chatting for hours in the pub, guys are so much easier to hang out with, loads of filthy hilarious stories and all of us taking the p*ss out of each other, instead of wedding and baby talk, bliss!

its is hilarious though just how stupid people can be, my legendary call is on there somewhere when a woman who had gone to america and left her phone charger behind wanted me to charge her phone. with electricity. over a phone line. apparently breaking the laws of physics is something we should be offering our long term customers.

i went out last night and ended up having to share a taxi home with 5 lads heading to kilkenny

they were so weird and one of them tried to follow me into my house!

this is the second time this has happened to me!!!

da fook!! :eek:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    its is hilarious though just how stupid people can be, my legendary call is on there somewhere when a woman who had gone to america and left her phone charger behind wanted me to charge her phone. with electricity. over a phone line. apparently breaking the laws of physics is something we should be offering our long term customers.

Of course krudler, you should've just had a chat with her phone and asked it to charge itself like a good phone :rolleyes:

Was out last night for a friend's engagement party. It was a lot of fun but I'm sorta feeling it now.

Speaking of engagements, my sister proposed to her boyfriend on Wednesday, since it was a Leap Day. He said yes. Whoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Week 1 of placement is over. Talk about an eye-opener. I love it.

My feet are disgustingly swollen though. 12 hour shifts are uncool.

Novella Glad your first week went well, from your posts it sounded like you were having a great time :) What is it you're studying? Nursing?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi Folks!

Had a great dinner out last night (Gourmet Tart Co. Restaurant in Salthill highly recommended) Yummy clam and lemon risotto followed by perfectly seasoned filet steak.

We were going to go on the swings but it was so frigging cold we didn't.

My mother's new dog is adorable, here's a photo - original dog Ash to the back, new dog, Missy to the front. (In my head she's named after Ted from Bill and Ted's step-mom)

AshMissy.jpg

DK Gourmet Tart is just fab isn't it? Have only been there for lunch, dying to go there for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Damn you vertigo :mad: :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

DK Gourmet Tart is just fab isn't it? Have only been there for lunch, dying to go there for dinner.

Four courses for €25, you can't go wrong. Portion sizes are perfect too, you don't get a big mountain of stuff.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Four courses for €25, you can't go wrong. Portion sizes are perfect too, you don't get a big mountain of stuff.

Yeah the prices are great, ugh I so wanna go there for dinner, will get there eventually!

Christ on a bike, I left Wagas about an hour ago and I'm hungry again already. Good thing I have leftovers :)

I'm still hanging over, though. I reckon it might be nearly time for a cure...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement